Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC chicas accountability log

Ok did 30 minute dvd workout. Feel better about the ice cream now :(

Also 24 oz. more Water (168 oz. total)

PS ROBYN WOOHOO on the -3 lbs! Congrats babe!

And wtg ang for losing a lb! And welcome to your collarbones!

we're all such big losers :mad:

My sis and her almost 1 year old came over just before we were going to go for a walk......I wish she would leave already. She is one of those that doesn't know when to leave.....I'm probably gonna give her the boot soon and at least walk around the block a few times. Signing off for tonight....gonna go snuggle with my hubby and watch some movies too (all the while sipping on my Water of course;) ). Will check in tomorrow girls....be good tonight!

Yesterday:

24 oz Water (24)

Breakfast: Fajita Burger, 4 oz. refried Beans, 2 oz. 2% cheese, 2 oz. salsa, 1 oz. mixed nuts.

24 oz Water (48)

24 oz water (72)

24 oz water (96)

Lunch: Mozzarella cheese (4-6 oz.), 1.5 roma tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, 1 oz. mixed nuts

24 oz water (120)

24 oz water (144)

Walk 30 Minutes

Dinner: tuna burger with asian sauce

24 oz water (168)

Snack: 2 oz. mixed nuts

Today

24 oz Water (24)

Breakfast: Fajita burger, 4 oz. Refried Beans, 2 oz. 2% cheese, 2 oz. salsa

24 oz Water (48)

24 oz water (72)

24 oz water (96)

lunch: About 4 oz. shrimp fajita mix, 1.5 oz black bean chips (probably about 20 g carbs net), 1 oz. sour cream, 1 oz salsa, 2 oz. chunky guacamole (i.e. chopped avocado & veggies, not pureed), and 2-3 oz. queso.

--I'm doing the Atkins style limit carbs, not fat. I had big Breakfast and lunch, so I will probably scale it down for dinner. I am also definitely working out. I'm just trying to figure out what works and doesn't work. btw, all above is homemade, so i know exactly what is in it --

Did 40 minute workout (Denise Austin Cardio Dance & Sculpt - Warm up, cardio, first half of Sculpt/strength, and cooldown)

24 oz water (120)

24 oz water (144)

Snack: 1/2 oz. nuts

24 oz water (168)

Dinner: Same as lunch

Dessert: Low-carb ice cream bar (6g carb)

24 oz water (192)

So today is the day I test my limits...

OMG Cate! You are melting again!!! I am so happy for you....you are doing so well. BTW....I was so frustrated about not being able to post what I ate yesterday :D So....Here is my log from yesterday:

11:00 Breakfast (slept in:notagree ): 1 egg over easy, 1 sausage patty, 1 slice of cheese.

Late Lunch: Slice of cheese

Snack #1: Sonic soft serve Ice Cream Cone (180 cal)

Dinner: chicken Rice Casserole with approx 3 oz chicken (yeah I know...I still try it from time to time, even though it doesn't sit well), 1/5 cup long grain rice, and 1/4 c cream of mushroom Soup mixed in.

Snack #2: Homemade frappuccino (approximately 230 calories)

Water: 88 ounces (doing better:nervous )

Exercise: Went up to the track and walked for 30 mins, (jogged the ends of the track and walked the long legs)

That makes for a total of 958 calories for the day and 56 gms protein:)

BTW, I think I might need to start taking Calcium supplements or something because lately, I have noticed I have started CRAVING anything and everything that has milk in it. Unfortunately that includes...ice cream, frappucinnos, creamed Soups, etc etc etc:mad:

THURSDAY

Breakfast – Skipped

lunchProtein Bar

dinner – Approx ½ Cup of Spinach Egg & Feta cheese Bake

Late Night snack – 2 Cups of Protein pudding (Some chocolate & Key Lime):faint:

Fluids – Can’t remember (at least 2 cups skim milk and (2) ½ liter water)

Exercise – NONE (Excuse – Rushed getting ready for group)

Night Snack – 2 Cups of Protein pudding (Some chocolate & Key Lime)

* was feeling down about group for no real good feeling. Probably more TOM hormones than anything.:pout:

UPSIDE: pre-band the cheat would have been much more unhealthy food options & even worse I might have purged it afterwards. (Sure didn’t tell Sabobathy about that former habit.)

FRIDAY

Breakfast – Skipped

Lunch – 2/3rds Frozen cheese omelet w/2 servings of Mexican Velveeta

Dinner – 3 Fried Mozzarella Sticks & 1 Bite of Potato Cake from Wendy’s

Snacks – ½ piece of Chocolate Fudge, 1 sugar Cookie, 1 Handful of my Son’s M&M’s used as bribery for Potty Training.

Water – Can’t remember

Exercise – NONE (Excuse: upset about group and what I ate the night before.)

* Had most of these Snacks with Son at Great Wolf Lodge – was feeling down about cheating the night before with the pudding. (Great way to get over it! Cheat some more.) :violin:

SATURDAY

Breakfast – 2/3rds Frozen Cheese omelet w/2 servings of Mexican Velveeta

Lunch – Protein Bar

Dinner – Shrimp Pasta:

- 15-20 VERY small shells – Well Cooked (about the size of frozen peas)

- 4 Cajun spiced shrimp cut into pea size pieces

- 1/8 cup milk

- 2 Tablespoons Cottage Cheese

- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese

- 1 Fresh Cherry Tomato (diced)

- 1 Teaspoon Potato Flakes (for thickening)

Snack – 1another handful of those blasted M&M’s. :ban:I really need to buy some more Gummy bears for his potty training. (I don’t like them)

Fluids – (3) ½ liter bottles of Water and 1 cup milk

Exercise – None except some hard work at the office. I worked up a good sweat trying to clean up warehouse in prep for some remodeling.

* Well seems I’m getting over my pity party (I mean hormone imbalance)

Sunday

Breakfast – Protein Bar with some Peanut Butter on Top.

* Definitely feeling better. Going down to get on treadmill after I type this. It didn’t hurt that I was down another ½ pound this morning. Also looking back writing these last few days food I feel that I was being a little hard on myself. The “cheats” weren’t good but they could have been worse and if anything I’m not eating enough foods (that is the right foods) Maybe if I focused on eating more of the healthy foods instead of trying to starve myself I wouldn’t give in to those “cheats” as much.

Thanks robyn i'm working on it. i definitely need to figure out when/how to get a fill, because I would say I can eat about 30 oz. per day.

ok guys I need some suggestions.

brkfst:skipped not hungry

water: I have had 48oz or more of Water today and also had ice tea

lunch: 12:40 mad myself have a Protein drink. not hungry

It is now 4:40 and still not hungry but know I need to eat tonight. Guess I'll do a Protein Drink and try some yogurt . Not to excited though cause I'm not hungry.

Robyn - I completely agree with you about the motivation thing.

I've told my DH for years I need that cheerleader personality encouraging me forward not a drill-sargent of a coach kicking me in the butt. I think that is why I react so badly to the scale. When its down I feel like it's cheering me on to better things. When its up I feel that kick in the Butt, that just makes me want to give in.

For me and I am NOT trying to say anything about you. I think it stems from my low self esteem. Instead of seeing the slow moving (or backwards moving) scale as a challenge to overcome I see it as my "true self" coming back and I start thinking "what's the point? You're just going to fail again like you always have so you might as well go eat an ice-cream cone and be done with this torture." It is a hard struggle not to give into that negativism. But I'm determined to make this band be the blankity blank "tool" that gets me past this issue.

Robyn - I completely agree with you about the motivation thing.

I've told my DH for years I need that cheerleader personality encouraging me forward not a drill-sargent of a coach kicking me in the butt. I think that is why I react so badly to the scale. When its down I feel like it's cheering me on to better things. When its up I feel that kick in the Butt, that just makes me want to give in.

For me and I am NOT trying to say anything about you. I think it stems from my low self esteem. Instead of seeing the slow moving (or backwards moving) scale as a challenge to overcome I see it as my "true self" coming back and I start thinking "what's the point? You're just going to fail again like you always have so you might as well go eat an ice-cream cone and be done with this torture." It is a hard struggle not to give into that negativism. But I'm determined to make this band be the blankity blank "tool" that gets me past this issue.

i would say i've had the same problems. the lucky thing (for me) is this - i've never lost 76 lbs. before. i've never dieted myself to a normal weight. so even though in my head i fear failure and think i'll stay fat forever, i know i've never come this far before.

i only wish i had gotten the band back in high school/first year of college when i was the weight i am now. i find myself so jealous of people who only have a total of 80-100 lbs. to lose. Having 150+ lbs to lose really just maeks me feel like I'll never truly have the body I want. I mean, I know I can get to 180 or so eventually. But the more I think about it, the more I want to be around 150. Yikes.

BTW robn, looks like you kicked butt yesterday. 88 oz of Water? Woohoo!! I'm telling you, it's so much easier to just use water bottles and count from those. I like the 24 oz. because they're not too little and not too big. And once you hit 3, you're already over the mark!

Cate - Thankyou for your response. I have dieted to lower numbers before but not from as high as I'd gotten this time. Still a little part of me won't feel as if I've had any "real" success until I'm lower than I was the last time I seriously dieted down to the 170's 10 years ago.

I realize many of you have started from even higher levels and are still working to get lower than where I started. BUT you need to know it is YOU GUYS that are my inspiration. I look up to all of you and what you are accomplishing and only wish I could be as strong. I am more than confident that one day soon all of us will weigh between 130-160. And even though I seem much closer to that goal at 187 I can bet we will all get there in about the same time. In fact I will be shocked if one of you don't get there before me.

Here's the updated food for today. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showpost.php?p=285836&postcount=35

It's #35 on this thread.

I am committed to not eating anything more today except a SF Jello if I need a snack later. So let her rip. I did do a nice, serious workout. That denise austin dvd definitely gets me sweating.

I ordered a bunch of low-carb food on netrition.com - low carb tortillas, instant mashers, pizza crust, chocolate bars, Pasta. i'll let you know how it is when it gets here.

anybody else out there?