Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoda's Jedi Journals (aka Yoda's Yammerin's)

Hey Mandi....it'll happen with Dan (the altering eating habits)...just don't push him ...be sure to only manipulate him in a covert way! haha. Seriously though, it'll happen....it is AWESOME that you will join a gym together. Really, how kewl is that? You will have a built in work out partner and you can motivate one another, ya know? Once he joins the gym and starts to see little changes, he'll be more motivated to "eat better".

As for you....yeah, it is hard to notice the difference/changes in ourselves; I agree. Take photos and compare to your befores.....that should do the trick.

As for your last comment: I'm just teasin' ya! I'm really not here! :bandit

Hmmm... how can I manipulate him? He's said "I'm gonna eat as much as you do". LOL That didn't last long!

And actually... it would be nice going to the gym together, but that's not it. I'm gonna be going to a ladies only gym. He'll probably be going to a co-ed one, but with a friend of his from work. I'll be going with that Lauren girl who's (still) staying with us. She plans to go everyday. I say M,W and F's !

I do have befores and afters I'd like to look at... BUT they're all on my PC, and that's in the 'shop'! I will be taking some 6 month photos next week too.

As for your last comment: I'm just teasin' ya! I'm really not here! :bandit

Ya, well we really haven't been talking to ya!!!:confused:

LOL

just click on the button that says "quote" (Bottom right).

:rolleyes

:becky: That was simple, I think I was thinking there was more to it than that!!

Alrighty. Off for another fun-filled (?) day at work. There is a guy at work who is ANNOYING the crap out of me lately so it hasn't been a lot fun.

I have a lunch date with a friend today (who doesn't know about the surgery and will NEVER know!!!); this will be the first time "eating" with her "alone" so it will likely be more difficult to hide the fact that I'm not eating much. Before, Mr Yoda was with us and we shared a pizza or something (this was before my last fill) and I could make it look like I ate my share.

Of course she is in a no win situation with me. I'll be pissed if she doesn't notice the 48 lb weight loss and I'll be just as pissed if she starts asking questions about it!!! LOL. Gawd, I'm mental. Welcome to my world.

Alright....'nuff babblin' and off to work. I am supposed to start work at 8:00 am and it is now 8:15 am and it takes me 20 mins to get there. Think I'll be late?!!! Mwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa errrr yes.

Ciao.

:bored

Okay....so the lunch:

I hadn't seen this friend in about 2 months. SHE actually looked great!!! I commented on that fact and she said, "thank you, I have lost 25 lbs". I told her that was fantastic (she prob weighs about 120 now)

*sigh* I guess she didn't notice my 48 lbs loss.

Maybe it is just more noticeable on already thin people??? I dunno. Kind of maddently frustrating.

I hardly ate any of my lunch....moved the stuff around on the plate a lot. She did comment at the "end" of the meal by saying, "wow, that is great, you eat slow and made me slow down". I said, "yeah, I generally eat slow on purpose" (which of course is a NEW thing for me!). She didn't comment on how little I ate and I asked for the remainder to be boxed up. If she thought it was odd, she didn't say anything.

So...there ya go.

:phanvan

It sounds like she's so wrapped up in herself that she wouldn't notice if you'd sprouted another head with green hair!

I hope this girl isnt a long-life, blood buddy friend of yours cause I just wanna say one thing.....bitch!! Ooops, sorry, it slipped...but come on, 120 lbs. I ATE that much in one meal a year ago. LOL. Im kinda just teasing ya, but really I'm sure she noticed and just didnt say anything. It is a little maddening, Im sure. She's probably jealous cause you look sooo Damn Good!!

Well the lunch sounds disappointing for you. You noticed what she had done and commented and she paid no attention to you. Bummer! Is she always like this?

No, she isn't a life long best bud or anything. And yes....she is wrapped up in herself. Mr Yoda teases me when I see her and says, "well you know you'll be on "receive" throughout the whole time"....meaning she speaks and I listen.

Mr Yoda said that she may have not noticed because I was in my work uniform...which is very non-flattering to say the least. That may be partially true....but I'd like to think that she would have noticed in my face.

See...the ironic thing is....after she said she lost 25 lbs, I would have loved to have said, "hey, that is great....I lost 48 lbs"....but I didn't for two reasons:

1. if she didn't already notice and I told her she would be thinking to herself, "really, gee I don't see it" and

2. she might think "holy crap...she HAD 48 lbs to lose" when in reality I even have waaaaay more than that to lose.

Plse tell me you understand!?