Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hi ya'll! I just got back from 5 days in Vegas. I wish I could say that I managed to maintain, but, alas, 'tis not true. I'm up 2 lbs. this week. I *hope* some of that is Water weight from travelling, but I can't say I'm really surprised to see a gain. I only worked out once in the hotel gym, and didn't exactly follow my new band eating habits! But, I'm back on track, went to spinning class this am, had my Kashi Cereal for Breakfast, and have water bottle in hand!

Tami

Can you update me with 0 loss on 23 Apr and -3 loss on 30 April.

I am soooo sorry for the late post, here it is! If I've missed anyone just let me know!

TamifromAL - 185/0/-3/-1/-3/-2

MimIN – 180/+14/0 /-17/-4/-1

Cassandra – 228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin – 185/-0.5/0/0/0

LindaN – 208/-1/0/-1/-2/-2

BJean – 177/-1/-1/0/0

Kareyquilts - 189/-2/0/-4/0

Lisalee - 189/0/0/-4/-1

Sandranoelle - 260/0/0/+2/0/-1

Tanya67 - 231/-2/-2

Ladies I am so incredibly sorry for neglecting my list posting duties. This is from Last week, please look it over and let me know if I got all your numbers posted correctly. I managed to find a moment to jump on here and take the time to read all the posts - I have never in my life been this busy, I am about to fall over I am so stressed and tired!

TamifromAL - 185/0/-3/-1/-3/-2/+2

MimIN – 180/+14/0 /-17/-4/-1/-1

Cassandra – 228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin – 185/-0.5/0/0/0/-2

LindaN – 208/-1/0/-1/-2/-0/-3

BJean – 177/-1/-1/0/0/0

Kareyquilts - 189/-2/0/-4/0

Lisalee - 189/0/0/-4/-1/-1

Sandranoelle - 260/+2/-4/-1/+2

Tanya67 - 231/-2/-2

1 more lb down for me, I am really suprised I am not up 10lbs. Late nights at the office are forcing me to vending machine grazing and Moe's streaking burritos!

BJean, I'm still trying to figure out why I bought the scale but it is fun to use! It has one function where you can calculate whether you have "average" muscle mass related to your age and height...as some people can be at ideal weight but undermuscular or over fat. I liked that even though it describes me as overweight, I am also overlymuscular, or have more muscle than the average person for my age and height. It describes me as "stout".....but I'll take that as a compliment!

Great news....I went to my regular doctor for a follow up on cardiac concerns....had what's called a highly specific c-reactive Protein drawn pre-band. It is an indicator of arterial inflammation and was off the charts. My bad cholesterol was high and good cholesterol too low. Well, the bad cholesterol is still high (they want it under 100 since I have a bad c-reactive protein) but the good cholesterol is still high. So...I start on Zocor. Seems it is genetic and even though I run about 10 miles/week now and have lost weight it hasn't changed it enough. But the good news is that my blood pressure is that of an athlete's.....90/60 and my pulse is at 60 while sitting. That means my heart is in such good shape that it doesn't have to pump hard to get blood out to the extremities. The doc says I can eat all the salt I want! So.....I am genetically predisposed to arterial disease but I have strengthened my heart significantly. Frankly it is nice to hear that even though I will have to take a pill to reduce my cholesterol, it is not entirely my fault :(

No weight loss for me...still at 183. Had another NSV this week though...I went out and bought some size 14 clothes in resale shops and most of them fit nicely. THAT was a huge motivator and reaffirmation for me. I can now say that I really am losing inches, even though the pounds aren't dropping. I may have to reconsider my goal weight of 138 and move it up to 145 or 150. I would like to be in a size 10, maybe an 8 but don't want my face to look too drawn either. What a dilemma :mad:

lisa: In the late 80s, I went on Optifast and lost weight so fast that several of my friends said that I should stop losing because my face was too skinny and my nose was looking pointy. That was when I was still about 20 lbs. from goal. It took the wind out of my sails and I wound up quitting before I reached goal and now I have the band.

Don't worry about your skinny face. Eventually you and everyone else will get used to the new you. Sometimes I think we do all kinds of things to undermine ourselves in this journey to health and beauty. I'm having some issues right now and that's why I encourage you to keep your goal in mind and a positive outlook at all times.

I know you were probably kidding, but it hit a nerve with me. Keep up the good work! You're lucky to have such a delimma.

Down 1 pound this week. I really think it is time to start a regular excercise routine. I am not losing as fast as before. I am really in the ups and downs as far as loss right now. I just had a big fill and can't eat much, but the body is just refusing to lose.

I need some support. I am finding it more and more difficult to lose weight. I am still keeping ;my calories at 1200 a day and exercising 5 times a week. I love Water aerobics, but I'm thinking that maybe I need to try something different. I'm nervous to do anything else, but I might have too. I'm also doing weights a couple times a week and think that I'll step that up. I'm just getting tired. I feel that I'm trying to force my will on to a body that doesn't want to budge. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about a high protien diet or ordering all my food through nutri=system, etc. Not sure what to do. I need some help!

BJean....good advice! Yes I was kidding but I was probably subconsciously settling for a lesser goal. We play all kinds of games with ourselves when it comes to food!

Karey....keep up the good work! You may want to step up the weight for a while and do something else instead of Water aerobics. Don't give it up completely. It's just that we need to shock our bodies once in a while as they get used to doing the same things all the time and are continually finding ways to conserve those calories.

Someone told me once to work on high reps, low weights for a couple of weeks then switch to low reps, high weights for another couple of weeks. Or try bike riding instead of water aerobics for a couple of weeks....I think that's pretty easy on the knees right? The trick is to keep our body metabolism wondering what's coming next so it doesn't get complacent. Also, watch those carbs. I have found in the past that varying my workouts has been effective. Let me know what you find.

do you all remember how many of us started out on this site in September? I wonder what happened? unfortunately I think it is that they are not succeeding or maybe on a happier note they are doing wonderful and don't need us.

I am down 1 this week. I just need to not gain this coming week. I think I am going to go to a psychologist and have weight loss discussions. on why I get so out of control a sabotage myself.

I am also going to do curves when I get out of school . I have 14 school days left. wow I have never counted until now. I better get on the ball and get my special ed paper work going faster......

I hope you all have a wonderful week. sandy

Hi September Bandsters! I have some exciting news this morning. I made it to -100 lbs. this morning! I was down 3 on Monday, which was great. Then I got a fill that afternoon, and had another nice drop this morning. I am absolutely giddy this morning. I stood in the bathroom for the longest time, looking at the mirror, and thinking about how just a few short months ago I didn't think it was at all possible that I would ever be this size again. To say I love my band is a huge understatement! I rub my poochy port like a Buddha belly, and thank my lucky stars for this surgery!

Tami

Sounds like maybe Tami's success is more out of the norm than in. (Huge, huge congratulations to Tami!!!) Or maybe like Sandy said, we're not hearing from all of the faster losers.

I've been having a similar experience with slow to no loss lately. I believe that the "set point theory" may indeed have some basis in fact. I've hit the point where I was for several years before I gained the rest of the weight that I was carrying when I got the band. I know that I'm going to have to step up my game in order to break through this barrier that my body thinks is my "normal" weight.

I allowed myself some Easter candy (after getting through all the other holidays pretty much unscathed) and the old carb craving cycle has reared its' ugly head.

I know that I need to stop and refocus on getting the Protein down first, then veggies and fruit; lots of Water (I haven't been doing that!) and keeping my body moving. Simple, right?

Yes, it actually is simple. I am realizing that I can't go on automatic just because we are incredibly busy right now starting a new business. I have to remember that this is for ME and that I'M the only one who can get myself healthy and beautiful.

I loved a quote that was posted earlier:

"The greatest cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment!"

Let's muster up whatever it takes and get the job done. We deserve it, we're worth it, and WE ABSOLUTELY CAN DO IT!!!

(A big thank you to Michelle for her very valuable personal encouragement!)

BJ

P.S. Yesterday I heard someone on TV say that if you wait until your stomach is growling from hunger, you've waited too long and that your body is into "starvation mode" and that whatever you eat right then is likely to be stored as fat!

Here are the numbers, a little better on timing this week:)

TamifromAL - 185/0/-3/-1/-3/-2/+2/-3

MimIN – 180/+14/0 /-17/-4/-1/-1/-1

Cassandra – 228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin – 185/-0.5/0/0/0/-2/?

LindaN – 208/-1/0/-1/-2/-0/-3/?

BJean – 177/-1/-1/0/0/0/+2

Kareyquilts - 189/-2/0/-4/0/0

Lisalee - 189/0/0/-4/-1/-1/0

Sandranoelle - 260/+2/-4/-1/+2/-1

Tanya67 - 231/-2/-2

lifelongband - I'm sorry I didn't have you on the list, what was your start weight?? - 1