Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 days post-op and remember feeling the same way! It is absolutely normal and there are always risk involved in any surgery or procedure. I actually took a break from this forum in order to stick with my decision to change my life! I will say that making a good sound decision on your surgery team is super important! Make sure that you have your mind made up as to what the lifestyle change requires and you should be just fine!

Good luck on making and sticking with your decision...either way!

No Regrets...

I had surgery on 02/09/12. No complications or issues thank God. I didn't really have hardly any feelings of why did I do this...maybe because I was expecting it. The pain wasnt to bad either. I didn't mourn food but maybe because I was already used to it from the lapband. I didnt mourn it much then either. I do remember being at a resturaunt watching a young girl wolfing down a huge burger thinking I'll never be able to do that again but who needs that? I eat delicious healthy foods in small quantites to nourish my body. That's the way it should be.

I had surgery on 02/09/12. No complications or issues thank God. I didn't really have hardly any feelings of why did I do this...maybe because I was expecting it. The pain wasnt to bad either. I didn't mourn food but maybe because I was already used to it from the lapband. I didnt mourn it much then either. I do remember being at a resturaunt watching a young girl wolfing down a huge burger thinking I'll never be able to do that again but who needs that? I eat delicious healthy foods in small quantites to nourish my body. That's the way it should be.

I was sleeved 3/12 I didn't have any complication with the surgery. I went home the next day, I used pain meds only a couple of nights for the soreness. Not bad at all. The only thing that I will tell you, is to be prepared for the emotional roller coaster that comes with all of this. For me its been an extremely slow weight loss process. Ive been on one long stall that has kept me on edge..ugh...that's where most of my "was this worth it" & "will I ever really lose weight" thoughts come in. But then I tell myself that this has to work because I'm following the guidelines and doin my best :) No regrets!

Determined2lose:)

I was sleeved 4/16 and so far no regrets at all. I have to say that I am right there with many others. Why did I not do this sooner. On the other hand, I don't think my head was in the right place sooner. Too many fears, not ready to give up my old food lifestyle even though it was making me fat. Sure, I miss certain foods like salad, and some fruits, but I know in time, I will probably be able to eat them again - just in smaller portions and that is the goal. I have been lucky, so far, no major complications. I have one incision that is taking a long time to heal. It is right about where my bra band goes and when I walk, it rubs, so I have to keep a bandage on it. It is not infected (I keep Neosporin on it per Dr. instructions), but I can't go swimming until I am 6 weeks out and if it has not healed by then, I still will not be able to swim. I also won't lie, the first week was hard. Gas pains, incision pain, shoulder pain when you drink due to how small and swollen your sleeve is, but this all passes with healing. Every surgery is an affront to your physical body and it takes time to heal. Just keep it in mind and allow yourself time to heal.

Also remember, that each of us is an individual. We will all lose at a different rate, just as we all heal at a different rate and that is ok. While I could not be happier for every ones weight loss, I have stopped comparing mine to theirs. We are individuals. If you decide to have the surgery, let us know. We will be here to support you. Best of luck and let us know what you decide.

I had serious depression. That's some sickness right there and it just goes to show how seriously I did in fact need this surgery. I was depressed and mad because I couldn't stuff my face and body into oblivion. I have no regret now and thank the Lord for blessing me enough to be able to afford what most people only wish for.

It been a year so far and i had that moment in the first few weeks of what did I do when you realize all the things you have to keep up with and can't eat. I am really glad I had the surgery. I went from a 24 to a 10 and have lost 105lbs. My only regret is while losing I almost lost myself and became a lil vain. Honestly this has disrupted my life and I became someone I was not and did somethings i would never do. Now im paying for them. I'm not gonna get into the details but your eating habbits and addictions can transfer into alcohol or attention like they did for me. Message me if you want more details but I still wouldn't have changed my decision for surgery. I thought I did all my homework but forgot to look at the emotional after effects of the surgery. Good luck.