Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thanks so much' date=' I had a feeling it may be something like that. I asked as well in the main area of VST and LauraVen suggested just the same, I'm going to ask my GP and see if there is something she can do for me. Fingers crossed its not another hospital trip anytime soon.[/quote']

It does sound like gall bladder attacks. I ended up in emergency 3 times in 10 days because of it. Surgeon told me gall bladder attacks present similar to heart attacks.. Definately ask for an xray to rule it out. Good luck

Thank you, I'll let you how I get along after I've been to the Doc this morning

Jen

Hi MiniMe, I hope your doctor is able to help you.

I have had gallbladder pain and it can be like the symptoms you are experiencing, however when it was my gallbladder they generally lasted longer. I have not had any recurrences since they took my gall bladder out.

I have also had the pain when I have eatten more than I should, or combined with Fluid, especially early on this happened a few times, cause the difference in eatting enough and too much was less than half a teaspoon. The eatting too much was pretty always followed by the slimies.

When both of t hese occured the only thing I could do was wait it out, lay down and just breathe through it, I know it is not remotely nice.

But either way the doctor is the best person to give advice, i presume they will send you for gall scans.

Also got good news today....my ankle is no longer broken!! Bye bye moon boot and hello sexy winter boots lol

BTW Welcome to Kazbah and Aussie!!

Hi guys' date=' I need some help please.

I had two weird "attacks" last night, first one about 8 and lasted around 10 minutes, then second about 10 that lasted nearly an hour. Had the ambulance here, I thought I was gonna die.

Both times it happened within 10 minutes of me eating. I haven't had any previous problems.

The pain started dull in my stomach them progressed until I was doubled over and I was screaming. I couldn't help it and I'm not a wuss, I can usually handle pain quite well. The pain went right across my stomach and then up under my right ribs, it was difficult to breathe and it was the same whether I layed down, walked or stood up. I was scared as I thought it may have something to so with my Gall but because the pain wasn't present when the ambo'a arrived, they couldn't help me. Also I noticed that last time after the pain subsided, which was quite quick, I kept bringing up thick saliva.

I am going to my GP this morning, I am very scared to eat now though, I am sipping on drinks and trying to build up the courage to have a Protein shake, does anyone have any ideA what this may be? I wasn't sure but thought I'd read Puppyphat had problems recently and wondered if they were at all similar?

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help me out. And YES I am going to Dr this morning but any ideas I may be nle to give her would be helpful as she is just a GP

Ta Jen[/quote']

Hey, how are you feeling now? I had glandular fever last year and gut infection this year, both putting me in hospital for severe dehydration. Fortunately, I haven't experienced the immense pain you're talking about since surgery, prior to surgery, I have though. I suffer chronically from kidney stones and I can tell you that they will make you scream. The pain isn't always in your back, as is typically thought, and it can be transient, either the stone passes or it moves and takes pressure off the kidney or bladder, depending on where it is. A tell tale sign of stones is blood in your urine. If your Gp doesn't offer you a urine test, ask if they can do one.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Thanks everyone

Does anyone know of I can take buscopan?

My surgeon isn't answering and my GP doesn't know

Hi there, are there any March sleepers being done in Melbourne. I'm being done 18/03 at Warringal Hospital Heidelberg. Day 3 of the pre op diet & could have eaten anything but I didn't. Anyway if you are in Melbourne and live in Northern suburbs I'd love to start a support group for meetings etc. I hope everyone is well Cheers Sue alias Aussie

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the group.

I'm a bit of a 'ring in' but there aren't any good pages for 'Bypassers'; I am having my op on the 19th March.

I am about as far away from you in Vic as you can get as I'm in Mornington, but distance is no problem with the Internet.

Good Luck with the Opti...fortunately, I only have to do 2 weeks pre op, so I start next Tuesday.

I look forward to hearing about your success.

Best Wishes

One_elle26 :rolleyes:

Welcome, RockTheKazBar, this is a great forum which is full of great advice and support.

All the Best with the 'waiting' for your op, it will get here!!!

Best Wishes

one_elle26 :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, have been to see Doc and she agrees with suspected Gall Bladder problems. I am having a USS in the morning so hopefully will know what's going on in the next few days.

I have Buscopan to take in case another attack comes on, just hope it will help a little :-)

Am still afraid to eat so am Protein shaking it for as long as I can handle it

Hello I just joined today but I'm an Aussie living in perth :)

Welcome and we look forward to sharing your journeys ladies.

Hi everyone' date='

Just to let you know, have been to see Doc and she agrees with suspected Gall Bladder problems. I am having a USS in the morning so hopefully will know what's going on in the next few days.

I have Buscopan to take in case another attack comes on, just hope it will help a little :-)

Am still afraid to eat so am Protein shaking it for as long as I can handle it[/quote']

I had gallstone attacks like you described years ago and they were removed the next day by keyhole surgery. Good luck and we will wait to hear your news.

Hi everyone and thank you so much for your warm welcome. I'm now at the end of day 4 pre op and doing quiet good. I just hang out for the salad for dinner. I've added lean Protein - fish with it for the last 2 days as feeling quiet deprived of food.

Had my first emotional episode last night due to stress. I'm so proud of my self, only had a small no fat yoghourt tub at 2.30 am as I couldn't sleep as well.

Thank you to all for sharing your journey as I'm getting so much inspiration. Cheers Sue alias Aussie

Hi Sue' date='

Welcome to the group.

I'm a bit of a 'ring in' but there aren't any good pages for 'Bypassers'; I am having my op on the 19th March.

I am about as far away from you in Vic as you can get as I'm in Mornington, but distance is no problem with the Internet.

Good Luck with the Opti...fortunately, I only have to do 2 weeks pre op, so I start next Tuesday.

I look forward to hearing about your success.

Best Wishes

One_elle26 :rolleyes: [/quote']

Hi and thanks for the welcome One_elle26. We can certainly be sleeve buddies. I must say I'm proud that I've been very good on the pre op diet, but I want to shrink the liver as much as possible for a good outcome.

Good luck with your pre op start next week, we can compare notes then. It's true what people are saying, once you get past day 3 it's easier.

Cheers Sue