Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh good! Which dr? There were about 30 at mine. Maybe 20 at nut seminar. Were there many there for sleeve? It seemed like mostly banders at the one i went to. The doc barely talked about VSG. Did yours???

Hi there. I am pre-op too. I am currently going through Rochester General Hospital. I have only have done the seminar and my consultation. I go for my 1st nut visit on the 21st and psych assessment on 7/9. I wish you all luck.

Oh good! Which dr? There were about 30 at mine. Maybe 20 at nut seminar. Were there many there for sleeve? It seemed like mostly banders at the one i went to. The doc barely talked about VSG. Did yours???

I am going with dr o'malley, it seemed like most people were there for the band or bypass. Yet I am not really sure. It seemed like the process for the sleeve is pretty much the same as for bypass but he didn't really talk about the sleeve that much specifically.

Thanks TB, same to you!! Did Roc General seminar discuss VSG? So far HH is like...oh yeah and there's this other thing called VSG. Then they move on to talking about band and bypass!! BUT when i went to first in office appt, the PA said she liked sleeve better than band, so that made me feel better. I went all the way down there last week for Nut appt. The minute i stepped into elevator the fire alarm sounded. When it finally moved and let me out, all doors were locked. I freaked out. Once i managed to get a door open, i run to the dr ofc only to find the receptionist very casually listening to the radio and filing her nails or something, with no regard for the FIRE ALARM ringing. Then she said, ummmm, that appt was cancelled. ???HUH??? I was furious!!! No call. Apparently they had my ph num incorrect. I was fuming and kept thinking maybe its an omen. LOL. I go back tues, try again for nut appt.

Yes, they did talk about the VSG at our seminar. My surgeon actually finds it to be his most favorable surgery to do. He has found it to work well with the majority of his patients.

Hi All,

I am back in Rochester, NY

I had a Gastric Sleeve done while living in Las Vegas, NV I started out 330 lbs. I had a thyroid problem for 7 months and that is now back on track.

I have lost 105 lbs and still dropping.

I would like to walk, or just talk with some Rochester Locals.

I am in a Facebook Gastrict Sleeve group with 1000 people and and have become friends with several people

Steve slf@cyberworldusa.com

or facebook Steve Frasca

Hi Steve,

Welcome back to ROC. Sounds like you're doing great!! My surg date is 10/25.

I'm the day before you. I go in for my sleeve on the 24th of Oct. Good luck to you!

So happy for u!! We'll have to stay in touch! Encourage each other to sip and walk LOL

Will do. I had my last appt with surgeon before surgery. They moved me up to the 17th. Can't wait to get my sleeve!

Will do. I had my last appt with surgeon before surgery. They moved me up to the 17th. Can't wait to get my sleeve!

How are roch peeps doing?

So happy for u!! We'll have to stay in touch! Encourage each other to sip and walk LOL

Hows your sleeve

Hi all! How is everyone doing? My surgery was 1/28 and I am down about 35 lbs! Super excited, it feels slow to me but I know it isn't! When could I have ever list that much myself that fast!? I am excited and impatient for our spring to finally arrive so I can get outside! I'm still on soft foods, in a few weeks I think I will be on to the next stage, I can't wait to eat more fruit and veggies!

Hi all! How is everyone doing? My surgery was 1/28 and I am down about 35 lbs! Super excited' date=' it feels slow to me but I know it isn't! When could I have ever list that much myself that fast!? I am excited and impatient for our spring to finally arrive so I can get outside! I'm still on soft foods, in a few weeks I think I will be on to the next stage, I can't wait to eat more fruit and veggies![/quote']

Who did your sleeve? I was sleeved march 20th I'm on liquids plus a shake til next week when i see my Dr then i move to soft and pureed..

Dr Omalley at highland did my sleeve, each stage has been about 4 weeks. I was very glad to be done with purées! You feel much more normal when you get to eat some regular food! Who was your doc?