Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Some Help..

I got me surgery september 19th 2011, it was all a nightmare that turned out to be a dream, just as I knew it would.

_________________background________

I was scheduled to have surgery with doctor Almanza. I sent over all the necessary paperwork on my bleeding disorder, they said everything was just fine, I paid the deposit and I was on my way.. when I got there I was told that they would need an extra $3,000 for blood just in case, it was great to know that they wanted to be prepared, but it wasn't anything I was thinking would happened, I was never given any heads up, and I didn't have the money. the trip was wasted and I lost my deposit and all the money it took to get me my father and my godfather down there, and I won't even get into how much emotional energy it took to get me through it.

Anyway, I got a nother doctor who is willing to do my surgery and who was in a hospital and imagine I was able to speak with him not just someone who was a go between. Dr. Aceves was amazing, everything was luxurious, clean, the nurses spoke perfect English, I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon or surgery site. I guess everything really does happen for a reason.

that's all just the background I guess now my issue is I feel like I should be much more grateful to have this opportunity or something? I know I'm not eating the way I should and I'm not exercising in the amount that I should be either..

my parents helped me to pay for my surgery, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

wow this post is all over the place ill shorten it all up

_____________issue_____________

I feel like I don't have enough money to eat properly, for some reason I can't get it together to take my Vitamins everyday and so I just haven't been, I have a 24 hour fitness membership that I struggle to keep up with paying for, yet I never go! haven't been to a doctor's appointment since about a month after my surgery and I am over 7 months out, I'm scared to go to the support group and can't figure out why maybe because I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be? I have been avoiding all my online forms I use to go on because I know ive been given an opportunity tons of people are still kicking and screaming for and I know they all deserve it and would treat their tool far better than me.

not really sure what to do, a really what kind of support I'm even asking for.. All I know is I could use some help, some sort of something tbat will help me get on the right track again.

__________stats_________

Surgery : september 19th 2011

Weight loss since surgery : 76lbs

Total weight loss : 91lbs

Hey, walking is free. You don't HAVE to belong to a gym. That will save some money and ease your stress in one area. Walking is one of the best things you can do to keep your loss up.

U can also get workout DVDS for free from ur local library

Do you have Planet Fitness near you? It's just $10/month for their lowest plan. No contracts. And they're pretty accepting of all fitness shapes and sizes.

Kie: fabulous weight loss! Don't "sweat" the gym (heh) - drop your membership and just find something active and fun to do with friends. You sound like you need some self discipline - how about making yourself one promise that contributes to your health.... like, "I will take the stairs from now on"... and when that's an ingrained habit (21 days?) then make yourself another promise... "I will eat Breakfast every day"... and so on. If you blow it, so what? Try again. I do believe it is the struggle to accomplish something that teaches us more than the actual accomplishment.

Take responsibility for YOU. *BIG HUG*

Kie, Your weight loss is actually right in line with mine and I was sleeved August 30, 2011. Take a deep breath and drop the gym membership. Use that money to buy better food to fuel your body with. Let go of all the stress and start working out by walking, then adding in some weights ($10 for 2-2 lb weights at walmart). Once you get yourself in the habit of working out, it will be easier to increase your workouts.

Don't think you have to be perfect. This is a journey and we all stumble. What's important is that we get back up and keep working on it. You will learn to eat better. Make it a priority to get in your Water and Protein every day and then worry about adding in other foods. Goodness knows that we're all tough enough on ourselves without beating ourselves up for everything under the sun!

I suggest you get back into the online forums, which you're already doing by posting today. Try going to a support group meeting, just one, and see if it doesn't make you feel much better. I know that the members of my group are terrific! :)

This is not a race and you don't have to be perfect every day. You just need to work on you a little at a time. You've made the biggest choice for yourself by getting sleeved...now use that opportunity to improve the rest of your life. :)

Good luck on your journey!!

I agree drop the gym, if it doesn't work for you, then don't bother. There are other ways to remain active, walking, I dance when I clean lol, bike riding. There are so many things you can do at home. Also are you on my fitness pal, I personally found it to be very helpful, and i put the good the bad and the ugly on there, I feel it makes me accountable. Also gradually start bringing back your good healthy habits, do it one by one, as I feel it is overwhelming if I try to take on too much at once. Also you really shouldn't feel like everyone is out to judge you. We all have struggles and none of us are above anything.

Minikie, First of all stop. Stop woring about the funding. Drop tour membership. Their are many thing you can do for exercise. Turn the raidio on and dance , go out for a walk the weather is getting better you can do manythings out side.

We are on a limited funding and its hard to budget food for me and family. Their is some rhings i need that they do not. But i use coupons. Their ate coupons out their for everything you. Need you will not get everything for free but when you go to the check out and can save alittle it will help

Finaly dont worrie about what you have done in the past. Lets just start again. Lets do it to gether. Go to myfinesspal. Com and sign up for that it is free their are alot of people on their rhat can give tou ideas about food intake. My login is netgallegos for the myfinesspal add me and many more that are on here

Tomarow is a new day

Thank all of you, you really gave me the strength I needed today. I know you guys are all right, I am dropping my 24 hour fitness membership tomorrow, I bought walking wait for my arms and legs, and I have my partner to be a hand in my exercise regiment.

sometimes I really do forget how far I have really come, and it's so true everyday is now I can start again anytime I want to even in the middle of the day! Lol

I'll just keep myself on track the best way I can, you guys really helped me, I can't believe I forgot how are being able to have support like this means to me.

today I went to a support group in my area, got my eating on track, and ask for the help I really needed for my partner.

it really means a lot to me that you helped me up when I really needed it I was in a bad place yesterday about this all.

Thanks so much <3

If you can, add me on fitnesspal! My username is

Kizuh