Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thread Killers

telly i hope it isn't me. i try to not do it, and i DO know how to spell most of the time. But i type really fast and don't notice a lot of the time.

telly i hope it isn't me. i try to not do it, and i DO know how to spell most of the time. But i type really fast and don't notice a lot of the time.

She said his. Have you become gender confused :)

Dawg, it's definately not you.

I struggle to read the posts. The constant misspellings cause me to have an acute case of crazy eyes.

Haha Funny, it's not you. You are a pretty good speller.

I know I have been guilty of non-flowing writings but it drives me insane to read a post that starts off great and then somewhere in the middle, the grammatical errors or misuse of commas occur. It breaks my reading flow and sends me back to start reading it all over again, but this time, more carefully.

Telly - I think I know what you're talking about. The kind of message where you literally have to work hard to figure out what's being said, to the point where you just stop trying. A small part of what I do at work is analyze evaluation/survey data, and I have to "read between the lines" and figure out what people are really saying... which is close to impossible when you can't figure out what they're literally saying, let alone figuratively.

People here do the "r" thing too... "warsh my yeller shirt." And pronounce things with phantom letters, like instead of a "striped" shirt, it's a "stripe-ed" shirt... or instead of walking "across" the street, they walk "acrosst".

When DH and I lived in an apartment, the guy downstairs from us was telling us one day about how he was losing Earl. We had no idea what he was talking about. Finally he said something in reference to his car, and OH! -- he was saying "oil"!

I actually had one of my former managers corrected my oral grammar once.

I said "Yes, I saw that."

He said "You mean 'you seen it'"

I was speechless.

It's me... isn't it.:think

It's not because I can't spell, rather... I can't type.

I'm trying, really:cry

I'll keep practicing... I promise.

Boo hoo hoo...

I have decided to rail road this thread into some of my musings on life... because I can.

#1: Inevitable Head Injury Day

So as many of you may know, I am legally blind. I can't see much of anything and will walk straight into people because, for me, they don't exist. This leads to many problems but my least favorite one is the inevitale head injury day.

That cat is whining at me. I assume he wants food or Water. I'm wary of going out to check because we recently moved his food and water outside and I am certain when I bend over to check the bowls I will impale my head on something.

I put it off as long as I can but the cat's continual whining is driving me batty so I decide I'll take one for the team and go check the bowls. I wander outside, check the bowls and.... NO HEAD INJURY!! YAY.

I then wander back inside (the bowls were both full, stupid cat) and decide to open all the windows in the house because it's wonderfully cool outside. I open the boy's bathroom window, turn around and smash my face firmly into the door which has swung around without warning.

I KNEW I wasn't going to escape that damn head injury.

#2 Animals

Why on earth do I want animals? Sure I love that little cat but... what the hell does "waaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaa waaa waaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaa waaa waaa *breath* waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa...." MEAN??

There's food. There's water. I've petted the little bastard (I am sure he has no clue who his father was). I've played toss the cat (fun game. He runs and jumps on the bathroom counter, I hurl him the fifteen feet or so to the bed, he runs back and jumps back up on the counter to be thrown again). I have catered to all his needs. "... waaa waaa waaa...".

And what was it he wanted?? Water from the sink instead of his bowl.

That concludes my rantings for now. More will surely follow.

hahahhahahah. I love this. Only people who own a cat(s) can appreciate this. Hope your day got better......

There's this neighbor I have from West Virigina. Her accent is very thick. Once she said "I need to go n warsh the deeshes."

Larlabonesfitter, these are the exact reasons I stopped posting, nasty sarcastic membets that want the board to themselves for the wrong controlling reasons and to make people leave that would really enjoy being here. Moderators aren't going to make them stop so you are better to walk on by.

I actually had one of my former managers corrected my oral grammar once.

I said "Yes, I saw that."

He said "You mean 'you seen it'"

I was speechless.

I have had people do that to me too, correcting me where I was not wrong with something so foul and upsetting i want to run away crying.

I'm laughing crying at Dawg's cat story. I just read it. It's hilarious. Dawg, you should write funny columns.