Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric Advantage

After my doctor appointment the other day where I chose my date, I met with a rep from Bariatric Advantage. It was good because I got to try everything. However, I almost feel like I might be being taken by a salesman. Of course, his products were the best and no others compared nutritional wise. However, I detested his Meal Replacement Protein Powder for the preop diet. When I tried to talk about other options like powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and the likes, he just wasn't having it because they aren't Meal Replacements with all the Vitamins and minerals. After surgery, I could use those but prior to surgery he was insistent I needed meal replacement shakes. Also, his vitamins were specifically made for pre and post Bariatric surgery and, in his opinion, there just wasn't anything else out there comparable. I understands he is a salesman, but geeze, his stuff wasn't cheap. The preop shakes, bars and "chips" is $180.00. The one month postop is $129.00 and the vitamins (multi, Calcium, b-12 , and d) will run me a little over $100.00 every 3 months.

I don't have a problem spending money for my health. I do have issues with spending more than necessary just to have Bariatric specific stuff and for their Protein meal replacements I detest just because the salesman's opinion is that his stuff is the best and because he feels I need meal replacements (instead of just protein shakes) during my preop.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for here. Maybe, to know what y'all are using and your thoughts of using bariatric specific products.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

~Amy

Check with the nutritionist... My drs. office suggested some of their stuff, but also told me where I could buy cheaper, but just as effective substitutes.

Check with the nutritionist... My drs. office suggested some of their stuff' date=' but also told me where I could buy cheaper, but just as effective substitutes.[/quote']

I will do. I have to meet with the nutritionist soon.

After my doctor appointment the other day where I chose my date' date=' I met with a rep from Bariatric Advantage. It was good because I got to try everything. However, I almost feel like I might be being taken by a salesman. Of course, his products were the best and no others compared nutritional wise. However, I detested his meal replacement Protein powder for the preop diet. When I tried to talk about other options like unjury and the likes, he just wasn't having it because they aren't meal replacements with all the Vitamins and minerals. After surgery, I could use those but prior to surgery he was insistent I needed meal replacement shakes. Also, his Vitamins were specifically made for pre and post Bariatric surgery and, in his opinion, there just wasn't anything else out there comparable. I understands he is a salesman, but geeze, his stuff wasn't cheap. The preop shakes, bars and "chips" is 180.00. The one month postop is 129.00 and the vitamins (multi, Calcium, b-12 , and d) will run me a little over 100.00 every 3 months.

I don't have a problem spending money for my health. I do have issues with spending more than necessary just to have Bariatric specific stuff and for their Protein meal replacements I detest just because the salesman's opinion is that his stuff is the best and because he feels I need meal replacements (instead of just protein shakes) during my preop.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for here. Maybe, to know what y'all are using and your thoughts of using bariatric specific products.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

~Amy[/quote']

I plan on using opurity bariatric vitamins. It's once per day, chewable, and for 100 days it's 39.95. Good luck and don't let that salesman bully you!

My Doctors office recommended them to me but let me tell you I had nothing but problems with Bariatric Advantage as a company. Their website says they get the product to you in 4 or 5 days. I ordered mine 2 weeks before surgery thinking I would have it by the time I was home from the hospital. With being busy and working and getting my house and family ready before I had surgery I didn't notice that It never came and when I called 2 days after coming home from the hospital the guy on the phone said "oh it just hasn't shipped yet" he wasn't sure of the problem but assured me he would make sure it was shipped out overnight so I could get it the next day.. The next day it doesn't show up so I call again and the same guy says "oh it shows it hasn't shipped yet" then tells me the same thing it will be shipped overnight.

In the mean time I go to Walmart and buy some body fortress shakes that taste great and start with those.. I also had ordered a Multivitamin and Calcium supplement from them so since I didn't have those I had to spend more money and go buy some from the Vitamin shoppe. My order with Bariatric Advantage was a total of 179$ which had already been taken out of my account. Plus another $45 for the Walmart shakes plus another $60 for the supplements from Vitamin Shoppe.. at this point I was furious.. The next day of course my order isn't there so I call again. The girl I talk to has no idea what is going on my shipment is still sitting in the warehouse. I ask to speak with a supervisor or someone who is in charge. He finally gets on the line and assures me he is shipping my package out and I will have it the next day. I ask him to give me the tracking number and he does. So as I am tracking the package the next day to see where it is I realize it IS STILL AT THE WAREHOUSE!!!!! It was never picked up.

I call back and cancel my order. 2 days later my shipment arrives! After I had cancelled it. So I had to ship it back in order to get my refund. Which took 3 weeks!

I called my Doctors office to let them know the issues I was having since they recommended it. The nurse who I spoke with said she had talked to another patient who was having the same problem a few days ago with the same company.

Needless to say I will NEVER use their products and they will not get any of my money.

I guess I should add everyone has had their own experiences and I'm sure some people have been very pleased with their products and services from this company. I just wanted to share my own.

Look at reviews in more than one place and do your own research about their products I found some great things at different stores and online. That are not so expensive but of the same quality.

I even found these awesome dark chocolate medallions like a little piece of chocolate but with calcium citrate 500 mg!! they are awesome I take them 3 times a day and it is like a little treat they are low in carbs and sugar and taste fantastic!

Amy, who is your surgeon? I am south of Fort Worth and debating on changing surgeons based on my past experience with certain Protein Shakes. My current surgeon insists you use either Optifast or Bariessentials ($200 for 2 weeks!!!!). I have heard good things about another surgeon who lets you eat real food rather then shakes pre-op. I have a few more months to pray about it.. I hope you get a better option for your shakes!

I too ordered the Bariatric Advantage from a rep at MD appt. I only tolerated it a couple of days and ended up bringing it to the rep on my postop follow up visit. Asked him to credit me on future Vitamins but now those are making me nauseated post-op. I really like the Unjury powder and would read reviews/ research before signing up for all of it. I used Atkins bars preop and Evolv Protein Shakes with Unjury added preop after I couldn't stomach the BA.< /p>

My Doctors office recommended them to me but let me tell you I had nothing but problems with Bariatric Advantage as a company. Their website says they get the product to you in 4 or 5 days. I ordered mine 2 weeks before surgery thinking I would have it by the time I was home from the hospital. With being busy and working and getting my house and family ready before I had surgery I didn't notice that It never came and when I called 2 days after coming home from the hospital the guy on the phone said "oh it just hasn't shipped yet" he wasn't sure of the problem but assured me he would make sure it was shipped out overnight so I could get it the next day.. The next day it doesn't show up so I call again and the same guy says "oh it shows it hasn't shipped yet" then tells me the same thing it will be shipped overnight.

In the mean time I go to Walmart and buy some body fortress shakes that taste great and start with those.. I also had ordered a Multivitamin and Calcium supplement from them so since I didn't have those I had to spend more money and go buy some from the Vitamin shoppe. My order with Bariatric Advantage was a total of 179 which had already been taken out of my account. Plus another 45 for the Walmart shakes plus another 60 for the supplements from Vitamin Shoppe.. at this point I was furious.. The next day of course my order isn't there so I call again. The girl I talk to has no idea what is going on my shipment is still sitting in the warehouse. I ask to speak with a supervisor or someone who is in charge. He finally gets on the line and assures me he is shipping my package out and I will have it the next day. I ask him to give me the tracking number and he does. So as I am tracking the package the next day to see where it is I realize it IS STILL AT THE WAREHOUSE!!!!! It was never picked up.

I call back and cancel my order. 2 days later my shipment arrives! After I had cancelled it. So I had to ship it back in order to get my refund. Which took 3 weeks!

I called my Doctors office to let them know the issues I was having since they recommended it. The nurse who I spoke with said she had talked to another patient who was having the same problem a few days ago with the same company.

Needless to say I will NEVER use their products and they will not get any of my money.

I guess I should add everyone has had their own experiences and I'm sure some people have been very pleased with their products and services from this company. I just wanted to share my own.

Look at reviews in more than one place and do your own research about their products I found some great things at different stores and online. That are not so expensive but of the same quality.

I even found these awesome dark chocolate medallions like a little piece of chocolate but with calcium citrate 500 mg!! they are awesome I take them 3 times a day and it is like a little treat they are low in carbs and sugar and taste fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your experience. More and more, I think I'm leaning away from them except for maybe their peanut high Protein bar which I loved.

Amy' date=' who is your surgeon? I am south of Fort Worth and debating on changing surgeons based on my past experience with certain Protein shakes. My current surgeon insists you use either Optifast or Bariessentials (200 for 2 weeks!!!!). I have heard good things about another surgeon who lets you eat real food rather then shakes pre-op. I have a few more months to pray about it.. I hope you get a better option for your shakes![/quote']

I'm using Dr. Nicholson in Plano. The preop diet includes a shake for Breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I get 5 ounces lean Protein and two cups of non- starch veggies. I also get 1 fat serving a day as well as 3 high Protein Bars as Snacks.

I sent you a PM about this fattymcfatterson.

I too ordered the Bariatric Advantage from a rep at MD appt. I only tolerated it a couple of days and ended up bringing it to the rep on my postop follow up visit. Asked him to credit me on future Vitamins but now those are making me nauseated post-op. I really like the unjury powder and would read reviews/ research before signing up for all of it. I used Atkins bars preop and Evolv Protein shakes with Unjury added preop after I couldn't stomach the BA.< /div>

I've tried the Unjury and it is what I find tolerable and what I planned on using until the BA salesman told me I needed meal replacement preop. I'm still not sure why meal replacement is necessary preop but not postop. I got kinda a runaround answer when I questioned that.

I use Dr. Nicholson too. :)

I ordered a bunch of BA Vitamins. I had to give away the chewable Multivitamins. To this day, if I even IMAGINE taking them, I feel like I'm going to throw up. They are wretched, horrible vitamins. The Calcium wasn't much better. Gave it away too. I still want to find a bariatric specific Vitamin I can stomach, now that I can swallow pills.< /p>

I use Dr. Nicholson too. :)

When/where was your surgery? Any regrets using Dr. Nick?

I ordered a bunch of BA Vitamins. I had to give away the chewable multivitamins. To this day' date=' if I even IMAGINE taking them, I feel like I'm going to throw up. They are wretched, horrible Vitamins. The Calcium wasn't much better. Gave it away too. I still want to find a bariatric specific Vitamin I can stomach, now that I can swallow pills.[/quote']

I haven't had surgery and already am looking forward to getting to where I can take pills instead of chewable or liquid stuff.

April 3rd at Forest Park. Dr. Nick is great, no regrets so far! Just hungry! :-) LOL