Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.morris Washington's Crew

OMG dani- 9 days till surgery....we need to get you a weight loss ticker since your a skinny mini since pre-op!!!!

All done skinny minnie! :) Check out that loss!!! so Jelly!lol

Ok... I need some advice and motivation. Im feeling a little Debbie downer this morning.

First let me say I have a 3 & 1 yr old daughters and my husband is in the military. We move often and my husband is away a lot. I have been the only "constant" thing in my girls lives. Im a stay at home mom so I am w them 24/7.

Last night I told my 3 yr old that next wk we are going to the beach (traveling 6 hrs to conway) and mommy is going to have her tummy fixed by the Dr. I then told her I had to stay in the hospital 2 nights. She puppy dog eyed me and said "mommy, I'll be to lost without you".... What?!?! I of course reassured her and everything was ok.

But now MOMMY is a mess. I know logically everything will be fine with surgery but I can't get over the "what ifs". Im doing this surgery to be a better healthy mom but I feel so bad for having to go through a drastic surgery and chance my life and getting a leak that takes forever to get fixed....

Sorry for being so long winded!!!

Talk me off the ledge you guys!

DaniEA you will do fine will you be bringing the girls with you and will you have someone staying with them while you are in the hospital. keep being strict with your protien shakes and drink your Water. You will do fantastic ok.

I am going in for my surgery tomorrow. I will send an update on Friday by then I should be feeling up to be back on the computer.

Thanks Jafter.... I just wish I could get it over with already! Yes the girls will be going with me along with my husband. He will bring them to visit but I told him to keep them busy while Im in the hospital.

Good luck to you tomorrow and I can't wait to hear your update!

DaniEA....I had my sleeve surgery March 14th and I feel I'm doing well. I know i'm not out of the time frame for possible complications but I do honestly believe that if you do everything that the staff at Dr. Washington's office advice you to do everything will be just fine. I do not have children but I can understand your uneasy feelings of What ifs.....I had them as well as I'm sure everyone does. Take 1 day at a time...the 1st month is defiantly hard(I'm not going to sugar coat it) you will not be able to get all of your liquids or Protein in but try as hard as you can. I was on my way to being dehydrated when I went to be released to travel home to GA and they ended up giving me 2 liters of IV fluids which made me feel soooo much better(wished I had 2 more now...still hard to get fluids) but you feel better every day. I hated that IV in my hand the whole hospital stay but now I wished I had a portable one that I could administer myself...LOL Please let me know if you have any questions...and remember to ask for meds in the hospital if you feel any pain or nauseousness...that's what were there for and sometimes during nurse change over etc...they sometimes get behind! I know you've heard it before but get out of that bed and walk around the halls. It does a world of good... you're not going to feel like it and no one will be their saying...get up and walk but just remember me telling you how much better you will feel...I promise even if its just for 5 min.

Dani! I totally understand how you feel. I am a single mom and my daughter is 3 yrs old and her father has not been in her life since we got a divorced when she was 1 month old so I'm basically all she has. My only worry is that if something were to go wrong where would that leave her?? I'm lucky that my parents are very involved with her so I know she would be taken care of but I just wouldn't want her to feel as though she has lost both her father and mother. But I will have to say that the life ahead of me right now is scary if I continue being the weight that I am. There are still risks of heart disease and cancer for example if I don't do the surgery.

You will be fine. We are all rooting for you and will have you in our thoughts and prayers on your day of surgery.

Hey everybody!

For those of you already doing the preop liquid diet like Dani and Jafter, can you guys tell us what shakes your on and what exactly do you do? Do you take just five shakes a day an Water or do you include anything else. For those who are not on the preop diet yet but know exactly what you're going to do please tell me too. I would really like to know because I'm trying to figure out which shakes I should get.

Thank you guys for all your kind words.... Yesterday was an emotional day!!!

Mimi to answer your question... Dr. W gives you a list of pre op options. I chose muscle milk light. I got vanilla creme, Cookies and creme and chocolate. I got the powdered kind, 2 scoops and mix it w Water. I started off doing 3 a day but I was still STARVING and just felt like poo... Emily, Dr.W's PA said I could have 4 shakes a day.

Now, I have had a VERY tough first week! I have cried, been crazy excited and considered cancelling all in a few days. I have also lost 20lbs!!!! My body is in ketosis because I have a terrible taste in my mouth and my urine smells awful! I have also been nauseous on and off!

I don't want to scare anyone, just want you to be mentally prepared. Besides, it may be completely different for you!

Things that I've figured out and help me:

1. Don't wait until you get hungry to have your Protein drink..... I drink one as soon as I get up and I haven't been as hungry or get such a bad headache.

2. Drink water!!!!! I am drinking 80+ ounces a day. You can use crystal light to.

3. Stay busy and go to bed early!! I know when I have down time and stay up late..... Holy cow do I start thinking of food!

4. Walk.... I've started walking everyday. At first, I had to make myself do it but now I can tell Im feeling better bc of it.

5.Stay away from food as much as possible!!! I have to feed my girls and that's been the hardest part.

I hope that helps a little. I also have added a spoonful of instant decaffinated coffee to my drinks to mix up the taste. You can also chew sf gum (be careful if you get headaches, chewing makes it worse)

I did cheat once and ate some tuna but Im not gonna beat myself up for it. Lesson learned! I do know that day I didn't drink hardly any Water and waited til noon to have my first shake. I just let myself get to hungry!!

Sorry for such a long post lol Dang!!

Hey Dani

I'm glad you are feeling better. I am sure we all will be feeling a variety of emotions as our big day nears.

Thanks for the information. I did get the pre op outline with the different options but wanted to know what everyone was choosing or what worked for them. I tried muscle milk lite the other day in chocolate and didn't really like it. I think I may opt for the Medifast shakes instead.

Good afternoon Crew!!! Let me first start by saying - Congrats to Jafter! He was sleeved today and we can't wait to hear how it went!!!!!

2nd- Dani is a friggen trooper! I've been lucky enough to be along with her on her journey via phone and text and talking her down from the ledge. I don't know HOW i'm going to be able to do the pre op diet since I lack will-power but she has been AMAZING!!!! I know you cheated girl, but i'm sure your not the first and I know you wont be the last....and besides, dr. w said you wont die lol. You have a couple more days to go until you start your new life, i know you can do it!!! I know we can ALL do it!!!!

lastly- I spoke with Dr. W yesterday for my consultation. I asked a bunch of questions. If you look up my youtube channel (weightwatcherx3) - I gave the questions I asked and the answers he gave me . It's not the main video on my channel (maybe ill change that) its the video named Q&A consultation.

Okay guys...so I think i might have a tiny problem. lol. My stomach is extremely sensitive to sugar free foods and drinks. Welll.....i ordered muscle milkk light and for my pre op diet. Its got no sugar added. I tried one saturday and BAM it hit me like a ton of bricks....

I'm not a Dr. Washington patient, but thought I would drop in to respond to this. I couldn't handle sf stuff either. Turns out it was the sucralose (splenda) that is in just about everything you are allowed to eat/drink on the liquid diet. The sf Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicles, sf sherbet, and even MiO drops for your water!

The only Water flavors I have found that don't have sucralose are Crystal Light and usually the generic store brand equivalent. There are two brands of Protein without that (that I know of) and they are Jay Robb and About Time.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck to you!