Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.morris Washington's Crew

You can do it Meredith. Just keep drinking your protien shakes. Start walking every day it will help you post surgery to have your muscles up. YOu will need to walk when you get out of the hospital.

Drink plenty of Water. If you need to eat something try a dill pickle

Your so close meredith! I'm so excited for you!!! Glad to see you pop in jafter. How are you feeling? By the looks of your ticker, your doing well!

Good luck Meredith. I have a follow up appt with Dr Washington's office on the 29th around 1:30 so you should be up in your room or in the recovery room by then. Keep doing what they tell you to do. Right now the only thing that I am having trouble with is drinking enough Water. My pee is too dark I need to drink more. I dont want to get dehyrdated so I am drinking another glass of water. I am almost down to 60 lbs lost according to my scale (lol). I am right around 302. Walking is helping me and the doctor released me to lift things (carefully). I am going to wait to do sit ups and crunches. 100 more lbs to go for me to get down to 200 lbs.

Jafter, your ticker is making me drool!! I'm not losing the weight that I need to on the pre-op, but I am known to retain Water like a camel. I've been walking 30 mins twice a day and am trying to get enough "umph" built up to crawl to the gym. They changed my surgery date back to the 30th, but I do have a weigh-in on the 29th at 9am. I'm just now sitting down and studying the diet handout Effie had emailed. For the most part, it doesn't look too bad, but I did goff at the price of Isopure from GNC and am throwing around the idea of starting my own lab to make cheap Protein (JUST KIDDING). Reality is setting in for me, but it's a good thing. Futureskinny, I signed up to start a youtube blogging thingy, so we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, everyone keep up the good work. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without "Dr. Washington's Crew".

Dr. Washington was my surgeon in July of 2010. He was operating out of Central Jersey Bariatrics in Freehold, NJ back then. He and his assistant (Emily Choi) were wonderful, and I'll be eternally grateful that he gently nudged me (but didn't force me) away from lap-band into the sleeve. I've since lost a ton of weight. Anyone with Dr. Washington will be in great hands.

Jafter, your ticker is making me drool!! I'm not losing the weight that I need to on the pre-op, but I am known to retain Water like a camel. I've been walking 30 mins twice a day and am trying to get enough "umph" built up to crawl to the gym. They changed my surgery date back to the 30th, but I do have a weigh-in on the 29th at 9am. I'm just now sitting down and studying the diet handout Effie had emailed. For the most part, it doesn't look too bad, but I did goff at the price of Isopure from GNC and am throwing around the idea of starting my own lab to make cheap Protein (JUST KIDDING). Reality is setting in for me, but it's a good thing. Futureskinny, I signed up to start a youtube blogging thingy, so we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, everyone keep up the good work. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without "Dr. Washington's Crew".

Meredith, I am not sure where you live but try the Vitamin Shoppe they are cheaper than GNC and you can also shop online.

There is a store at the beach if you want to go there after your appt. It is at the coastal grand mall. If you take a right out of the hospital, a right onto 501 going towards myrtle beach you wont be able to miss the mall about 10 miles or so on the right.

Remember men most of the time lose faster than women. But remember the slower you lose your skin will be tighter and less flab. (that will be a plus). We did not put this weight on over night and we will not take it off over night. Even though I do want to lose these 3 lbs to get to 299. LOL.

I will be in the office on the 29th at 1:30 for my one month post op appt. I had to push it back a week due to work.

Dr. Washington was my surgeon in July of 2010. He was operating out of Central Jersey Bariatrics in Freehold, NJ back then. He and his assistant (Emily Choi) were wonderful, and I'll be eternally grateful that he gently nudged me (but didn't force me) away from lap-band into the sleeve. I've since lost a ton of weight. Anyone with Dr. Washington will be in great hands.

Look at you Ryan! Your ticker is so motivating! Thanks for letting us know we're in good hands. Thats always a good thing to know. Congrats with your loss- stay in touch

Meri- are you not being strict with the pre op? or are you just not losing it too fast?? DO you need me to come yell at you if you think about food? I'll do it!!!!!!!!!lol jk im so jealous that your date is so close! WANNA TRADE!?!?!?!LOL I don't feel like august is EVER going to come! You have to send me a link to your youtube, that'll be great for you to look back on later , and great for us to see what we're going to go through! I plan on filming everything! Be ready lol

oh and jafter, the store at the mall...is that a Vitamin Shoppe or just a Vitamin store??? I still havent ordered my clear crap lol

oh and jafter, the store at the mall...is that a Vitamin shoppe or just a Vitamin store??? I still havent ordered my clear crap lol

www.vitaminshoppe.com is the website the store is the Vitamin Shoppe it is at Coastal Grand Mall. Not the vitamin store at Tanger outlet their prices are higher.

okay great thanks ...i may just get it there if i don't order it ahead of time. Thanks :) I can't wait!

I'll definitely will be stopping at The Vitamin Shoppe after my weigh-in Tuesday. It's crazy to think that I will be flying out tomorrow. The past few nights have been hell, as I've been having bad dreams of being turned down for the surgery because I haven't lost enough weight. I've tried REALLY hard this past week but have hiccuped with pizza and a few Cookies. Grrr! SkinnyPants, August will be here before you know it. And just think, this is the last swimsuit season that you'll be fat! ;)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to substitute food with fun, cheap activities? I think that's our biggest problem because we have always enjoyed eating, and now that I won't be able to (and choose not to), we're struggling. It's very easy for my husband to respond to an "I'm hungry" by suggesting we go out for dinner or grab a pizza, but I glare at him and stomp to the kitchen for my Protein Shake. I must say that I didn't drink as much Water yesterday as I'm supposed to, and I could feeeeeel it. Without that water filling me up, I was contemplating eating a car full of pizza and drinking Chick-fil-A milkshakes until I drop. It's all a mental change, and I'm struggling... I'm not usually one to admit that, but I know that if I don't do something about that now, I'll be more apt to find a way to cheat post-op and eat the pizza toppings but not the crust.

Meredith, i was thinking that today. My mom and i are planning a trip to atlantis NEXT december. I told her I want to be in a bikini by then!!!! (hopeful thinking) ......... as far as myrtle beach area ..

Here are some places you can go to keep busy:

-the beach, of course

-the boardwalk/promanade

-tanger outlets (shopping!!)

-festivals (http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/PLAY/)

-theres a place my mom found that is like a fishing place but theres an area and trail to walk around, i forget what its called , ill send the link later. and theres also a little village place that she found...ill also link that here later!

As far as food goes...since you'll have dad and sis there with you...send them to go get food and you can hang out for a bit!!! My mom is coming the first half and my bf the second half....so they already know they're on their own for food i don't want to be anywhere around it!!!!!!! Theres plenty to do down there, i'm sure. Plenty of places to walk, or sit, or shop.

Hi all! I just wanted to send well wishes, happy thoughts and get skinny soon vibes to MEREDITH!! She had her surgery this morning!!!! Hope all went well !!!! <3

Things are going pretty good! Surgery went well, and I had the catheter taken out around 12 to go walk around. My diaphragm hurts from them puffing me up to work, but Tylenol is helping. I have been dry heaving which makes me even more sore. For the most part, it's going great! The citrus cotton swabs make me gag, so I'm stuck swallowing spit and waiting for the leak test in the morning. Thanks for all the well wishes. I was definitely a basket case the past few days!

Meredith ... Congrats on your surgery....i don't have Dr Washington but i read this and just had to respond...you are all being very supportive of each other... WLS friends are friends forever! the connection between you is very strong and life long... Good luck all of you ...