Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.morris Washington's Crew

Thank you mimi :-) You are right, any amount of wt is hard to lose but I can get this amount off. Im just gonna have to work hard and learn how to get healthy. Ive eaten healthy and walked a lot yesterday and this am.

Thank you all for the support... It's made me feel much better :-)

I hope it works out for ya chickie :) and you better not leave me! I need you to be with me for my surgery! I hope you and the babies are feeling better and I hope Brock doesn't get it :( Have a safe trip home. <3

Hows every body doing????? Jafter, hows your post op going???

Hey ladies! I have a surgery date for July 18. Would any of you be willing to switch with me or I'll have to wait until Dec. :/ PLEASE let me know. :) I'm willing to do anything.

Hello everyone my surgury is scheduled for sept12th with Dr WASHINGTON and I'm already dwelling on the what if's and I have a 3 week pre op diet as well but like Jafter I have a considerable amount to lose 145lbs and heart problems run in my family. I have a 12yo and 20yo son and a beautiful wife OF 14yrs (that weights 108lbs and eats anything she wants) I want to grow older with. I know there are risks and sacrifices but I feel sure the route I'm on now will surely cut my life short So I hope I can get support from people on the forums to keep me from wimping out. Lloyd

Welcome Kristen and Lloyd!!! Lloyd I am right there with you I should lose about 160 lbs by my estimation. That will put me at 200 even. I know they say that 177 is the right weight for my height 5' 11" but I think that is to small. Anyways I did the 3 week pre-op diet and it was tough I made sure that I got my Water in I drank a pitcher of Water and a pitcher of crystal light every day then I drank my shakes I used muscle milk light powder and Elite whey powder.

I still drink them now that I am on mushie foods to make sure I hit my protien goals. I am lucky I have not had any problems (knock on wood). I have been walking about 2 miles every other day. I am back to work full time. I eat very small meals scrambled egg or egg salad, I can have canned meats. In fact we went out to dinner last night and I ordered a crab cake appetizer and could only eat one small crab cake about 2-3 ozs. I do get cravings but I just look at myself in the mirror and tell myself no. It is not woth going back to the hospital or getting big again. I honestly believe that this 75% mental and 25% physical. You have to change your eating behaviors and your exercise routines (or start one).

I am down from 361 from the start of all of this to today I was 306. So I went from 361 to 258 pre-op diet weight to 238 day of surgery to now 3 weeks post op at 306. Ladies dont shoot me men lose faster than women.

So you all can do it lose as much as you can presurgery we all can do it.

Jafter I got a little confused with the pre op till today weight you've lost did you go back up after surgury?

I'm with you on what they say Ideal weight is. my goal is right with yours. I'm 5'10 and I was 200 when I started dating my wife and that's we're I want to go back to I looked healthy there I believe at 175lbs my ideal weight I'd look to small.

How long we're you out of work and what type of work do you do ? Lloyd

I think that was a typo. i reread it about 6 time too Lloyd! Glad you found our thread. Glad you men can be here to support eachother! And lose as much as you want, b/c us ladies WILL catch up to ya...so watch out ;) Can't wait to hear how everyones surgery goes. We're all so close!

My first consultation with Dr. Washington I was 361. The first day of my pre-op diet I weighed 358. I lost 20 lbs during my pre-op diet and was at 238 the day of surgery. Yesterday I weighed 306. So not to bad I feel good I need to walk more I have had a busy week this at work since I started back full time. I have been trying to walk 2 miles every day or every other day. I also need to increase my Water intake.

The worst part of the surgery is the mouth dryness since you can not drink anything until they do the leak test. The second worst thing was when they take the drain out it is a litle uncomfortable and you side will ache that day. But for me it was not that bad make sure you get your nauseau pills they will help with any discomfort you may feel.

Get up out of bed in the hospital and start walking slowly.

Also start walking now before surgery so your body is used to it and it will make it easier after surgery plus muscle will burn more fat.

Hello everybody! Just checking in with all of you. Welcome Kristen and Lloyd.

Jafter I'm glad you're doing well :-)

I am still counting the days till my surgery date. Getting nervous and excited all at the same time.

Talk to you guys soon!!

mimismom your getting close :) ....and we have meredith coming up end of may right?

I had my sleeve on March 21st. Dr Washington is the best. He took time to explain everything surgery. My surgery was more complicated than most due to previous adominal surgery for a case of mickles. Dr. Washing had to spend a lot more time on my surgery due to this. Everything went great. I lost 20 lbs per-surgery and now have lost a total of 53lbs. My diabities is now normal, my high blood pressure is now normal with no meds. I no longer snore at night. My cronic knee pain is all but gone. I started with a BMI of 39 and 288 lbs. I am now at 235 lbs on my way to 200 lbs. I am now able to wear clothes I thought I would never be able to fit in again. I am 58 yrs old and now feel like 35 again. Thanks to dr. Washington and his great staff.

i had surgery last august with dr washington! good luck

welcome chris and palmetto!!! I'm glad to hear you both had great experience with Dr W. I've only spoken to him on the phone. It makes me feel great to know everyone likes him in person and that he's had great surgeries. Palmetto how much have you lost so far???

Alright, guys. I'm finally emerging from the chaotic world of weddings, moving and getting used to the married life. My surgery date was moved from the 30th to the 29th at 10:10. Since I am flying into Myrtle Beach at 10pm on the 28th, Suzette is meeting me at the office at 7:45 for my last weigh-in. I have NOT been good with my pre-op and am going into fits about the possibility of things going wrong during the surgery with my liver. I'm about to temporarily clean out the whole kitchen or rope everything off so I don't start sniffing around. I'm temporarily living in Tennessee while my husband is interning, so I'm not working and am left to stay at home, exercise by my own free will *rolls eyes* and keep the dog happy. Any suggestions on how to keep me busy would be so great!