Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so HUNGRY today

:hungry: I am so hungry today. I just can't seem to get enough to eat. So far today I have had my Wt Control oatmeal, 2 eggs and a pouch of tuna. I am struggling really hard to keep away from the Cookies but I am almost ready to lose the battle. I don't gt a possible fill until the 24th (my first one hopefully) I keep thinking I shouldn't be hungry but my stomach growling is telling me something completly different.

I don't know what advice to give as I am only 3 weeks out tomorrow.

I guess the drinking too soon after eating hit me on the head for future reference, as it flushes the solid food out of your tiny pouch.

I am still on my liquid fast and yes, I am hungry a LOT. I try to distract myself with activity, housework, reading a new book, getting out of the kitchen and/or out of the house. It is hard, but try to imagine that that hallow feeling is your body losing weight. I once heard that, don't remember where, but this is not a painless process is it?

Anyway, we are here for ya. And we understand.

hugs

Eat more protein! I have days like this as well. I feel like a bottomless pit. So I feed myself everything I know is on my "allowed" list - fish, veggies, more fish, cottage cheese, fruit, more fish :) *laughs* Then, suddenly, I find I'm saited and I stop. I typically reach this point before dinner and then eat nothing the rest of the night, simply because I'm not hungry.

You'll be fine. Don't panick and certainly don't reach for the Cookies. They will NOT help you feel less hungry. They WILL make you feel like crap, you'll be disapppointed in yourself for caving in, and you'll STILL be looking for something to eat! *laughs* Eat all you need, just eat the good stuff.

*hugs*

Thanks Guys, I am trying so hard here to stay under my 800 calories a day but each day seems like its getting harder and harder.

Is there a reason you have to stay under 800 calories? If it is Dr's orders then ok. I'm not sure where you are on your post op diet, so I'd need to know more before I could offer some help in food choices.

Yeah my doc says no more than 800 per day. I am 6 weeks out and on soft foods. I have an app on the 24th of this month. I am truly praying that he will give me a fill. He doesn't give any fills until at least 8 weeks.

Okie.. well, are you getting in a minimum of 60 grams of Protein per day? If not, that could be why you are so hungry and having a hard time staying under the 800 calorie mark. Do you like tuna? A can of tuna with 2 tablespoons of fat free dressing (I liked thousand island) will give you about 34 grams of protein. If you are relying on high sugar, high fat, soft foods, then yeah it will be hard to stay under 800 calories. Also, bean with bacon Soup is very hearty, rib-stickin'. I couldnt have done it without that soup. Oh, and Gorton's makes the best frozen fish fillets that cook in the microwave in about 6-7 minutes. Two of those are only 200 calories and have 34 grams of protein. Have them with a 1/2c up peas and carrots and I guarantee you'll feel saited. Hope those help.

Okie.. well, are you getting in a minimum of 60 grams of Protein per day? If not, that could be why you are so hungry and having a hard time staying under the 800 calorie mark. Do you like tuna? A can of tuna with 2 tablespoons of fat free dressing (I liked thousand island) will give you about 34 grams of Protein. If you are relying on high sugar, high fat, soft foods, then yeah it will be hard to stay under 800 calories. Also, bean with bacon Soup is very hearty, rib-stickin'. I couldnt have done it without that soup. Oh, and Gorton's makes the best frozen fish fillets that cook in the microwave in about 6-7 minutes. Two of those are only 200 calories and have 34 grams of protein. Have them with a 1/2c up peas and carrots and I guarantee you'll feel saited. Hope those help.

Oh those suggestions are making my mouth Water.

AND, have any of you tried those tiny cans of salmon salad. Already mixed up, and tiny portions. I can just hardly wait for one of those.

SalmonSalad.jpg

Drool!

I haven't tried but definetly will look for those.

and.........btw, that is not a true size. lol! they are like tiny cans of cat food. My kids love them and that is what I call them. "Anyone want some cat food? "

How is the day going my dear?

PhotoNut,

I have tried in the past to find the Gorton's fish sticks on your recommendation. Would you mind telling me where you get them? I have tried Walmart, Albertsons and Freddies. Did I just overlook them? I did find them breaded but I don't think that is what you get. Thanks for the help. Glad to see you are losing regularly. You must look terrific by now!!

Hippo's Hope