Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone my name is Jen and I just recently started my new journey towards a new life. I met with my surgeon the end of February, so far I have already met with the nutritionist and had my psych evaluation done!!! I am extremely excited and can't wait to have the surgery!!! I am currently 27, 5'2" and weighing 255. I haven't seen onederland in over 10 years. I can't wait!!!!

Hi everyone my name is Jen and I just recently started my new journey towards a new life. I met with my surgeon the end of February' date=' so far I have already met with the nutritionist and had my psych evaluation done!!! I am extremely excited and can't wait to have the surgery!!! I am currently 27, 5'2" and weighing 255. I haven't seen wonderland in over 10 years. I can't wait!!!![/quote']

Hi Jen. My name is Sheila. I'm 28 5'2" and 216 lbs. I am hoping to have surgery end of may. I'm so excited. I have to complete my 6 month diet first. I just wanted to say hello. When are you going to have surgery? Where do you live? Keep in touch!

I only have to go through the 3 month period so I am also hoping for the end of May but unsure since my birthday is May 31st. I am just trying to bury myself in things to do to make time go by faster lol

I only have to go through the 3 month period so I am also hoping for the end of May but unsure since my birthday is May 31st. I am just trying to bury myself in things to do to make time go by faster lol

My birthday is may 14th. I'm trying to have mine before June because my boyfriend gets really busy at work in June and won't be able to come help take care of me. Have you found a Protein you like? I have seen people say stock up on gas x strips, sugar free Popsicles, low sodium broth, s/f Jello. I recently discovered I will need to buy a food scale. I want to try costco premier shake and I want to try nectar strawberry kiwi. Oh I forgot ppl said to stock up on crystal light and juice.

Sorry didn't answer before I am in Miami Fl, my coworker told me about the Protein Shake from Eas which I really like. But I am thinking of buying the powder and making it with fat free lactaid. I have to ad,it I have been slacking on eating my Protein first and chewing slow. Especially as drinking 30-60 min after I eat. I am not really a Water drinker I definitely use frugal light and Mio. How about you? Any suggestions ?

Sorry didn't answer before I am in Miami Fl' date=' my coworker told me about the Protein shake from Eas which I really like. But I am thinking of buying the powder and making it with fat free lactaid. I have to ad,it I have been slacking on eating my Protein first and chewing slow. Especially as drinking 30-60 min after I eat. I am not really a Water drinker I definitely use frugal light and Mio. How about you? Any suggestions ?[/quote']

I haven't been good with protein. I average about 49 grams per day. I haven't practice not drinking after or before eating. I haven't practice on chewing food slowly either. I hate Water. I found that I like the Walmart brand of crystal light. I also like the mio. I just recently found a really great site that has excellent recipes. It's called skinnytaste.com what yogurts do you find that you like? I like the oikos.

I honestly can say that I haven't counted I am getting a scale this weekend and I am going to start to try my nutritionist gave me a cheat sheet that makes it easier to count the Protein I love love love chobani. I have completely cut out carbonated beverages and I crave it with everything I eat. Even for Breakfast. It's bad. But down one week so far and i have completely removed all drinks like that from my home of course the hubby is mad but he'll get over it. He's very supportive. I've started to take my Vitamins also. How about you? Some ppl say that you shouldn't have the chewables. But the nutritionist told me too so I'm a bit confused.

I honestly can say that I haven't counted I am getting a scale this weekend and I am going to start to try my nutritionist gave me a cheat sheet that makes it easier to count the Protein I love love love chobani. I have completely cut out carbonated beverages and I crave it with everything I eat. Even for breakfast. It's bad. But down one week so far and i have completely removed all drinks like that from my home of course the hubby is mad but he'll get over it. He's very supportive. I've started to take my Vitamins also. How about you? Some ppl say that you shouldn't have the chewables. But the nutritionist told me too so I'm a bit confused.

I use myfitnesspal on my phone. It works pretty well. I haven't had anything carbonated in 6 months. Soda was really hard but I knew that if I wanted this to work that is what I have to do. It stinks I crave it every once in a while. My boyfriend when he stays the night he will bring a 2 liter over for himself. It is tempting but I'm going to have temptations all the time and I need to be in control not my head, tummy, or cravings. I found quitting smoking was easier than quitting soda. Congrats on removing it from your home. It's not easy. I tried chobani and didn't care for it. The other day I decided I would buy a different flavor and try it. I haven't gotten the courage to do it yet. My nut has not been exactly helpful. She hasn't said anything about Vitamins. My doctor had me on vit d 50,000 iu per week prenatal vits, thyroid meds. The metabolic dr has me on ephedrine( my metabolism is really low) l carnitine, and Calcium. I don't know how going to take all of them except the ephedrine after surgery. I will ask my weight coach on the April 9th when I go in for my weigh in on the Vitamin thing.

Chobani Plain is horrible unless u add 3 packs of splenda to make it taste decent but I am going try different ones, chobani is a bit expensive. Little by little I am starting to change my lifestyle so that when I get the surgery it wont feel like cold turkey! Congrats on quitting smoking now THAT is a major acheivement! The Vitamins my nutri. told me to take B12 sublingual, B complex, mulitvitamin, Calcium, folic acid (i have low iron) and metformin for my PCOS. The soda has been extremely hard but I do it, it funny because I was just getting breakfast one day which everyday i would have a diet pepsi with (i know horrible) and i was like let me get Water and so far only a week but hoping that it sticks, which i feel like it would since I am really determined to get this operation done. Are you going through your insurance?

Chobani Plain is horrible unless u add 3 packs of splenda to make it taste decent but I am going try different ones' date=' chobani is a bit expensive. Little by little I am starting to change my lifestyle so that when I get the surgery it wont feel like cold turkey! Congrats on quitting smoking now THAT is a major acheivement! The Vitamins my nutri. told me to take B12 sublingual, B complex, mulitvitamin, Calcium, folic acid (i have low iron) and metformin for my PCOS. The soda has been extremely hard but I do it, it funny because I was just getting breakfast one day which everyday i would have a diet pepsi with (i know horrible) and i was like let me get Water and so far only a week but hoping that it sticks, which i feel like it would since I am really determined to get this operation done. Are you going through your insurance?[/quote']

This is stupid question but what is pcos? Yes I'm going through my insurance BCBSIL. I couldn't stand chobani. I found that I like oikes. I use a natural sweetener called xylitol. I get it from vitacost. It doesn't have a horrible after taste. To me it taste just like sugar.

Its not a stupid question if I didnt have it, I wouldnt know what it was either. Its called polycystic ovarian syndrom. I have a lot of follicles in my ovaries that promotes obesity and makes it very hard to get pregnant on your own. I actually had my baby through Intrauterine Insemenation with the hubbys fishies of course lol... xylitol never heard of it, imma look into it. I am such a chocolate person its going to be so hard to give that up for a while!

I like the xylitol I think Splenda and trivia and all that leaves horrible after taste. How has ur day been?

Its not a stupid question if I didnt have it' date=' I wouldnt know what it was either. Its called polycystic ovarian syndrom. I have a lot of follicles in my ovaries that promotes obesity and makes it very hard to get pregnant on your own. I actually had my baby through Intrauterine Insemenation with the hubbys fishies of course lol... xylitol never heard of it, imma look into it. I am such a chocolate person its going to be so hard to give that up for a while![/quote']

That stinks about the pcos but at least u have other options of having children. :)

I will look into it. I stopped Splenda from before I got pregnant. Thank God I was able to have my little one already ehh my day was ok just wished I worked from home lol. But all in all grateful to have a stable job in this economy. What about you?

I will look into it. I stopped Splenda from before I got pregnant. Thank God I was able to have my little one already ehh my day was ok just wished I worked from home lol. But all in all grateful to have a stable job in this economy. What about you?

I completely agree it is great to have a job. But I also agree it would be great to work from home :) my day was ok.

So any news on things you still need to get done or do u have ins approval already.