Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 wks out and I have my my 2nd post op appt. today which is 1 month since my last appt and I've only lost 4 lbs in the last month. The first two months are supposed to be when we have the fastest weightloss.

I've been trying to stay positive but, I'm starting to feel like I went thru all this for nothing. (surgery, risks, hairloss...)

Is there anyone else who's losing as slow and as little as I am? My calories are between 500-800 per day, very low carb. I'm walking daily an hour a day.

So down & frustrated.

I was literally just coming here to post something like this. I am 2 months out today and have lost only 7 pounds in the second month! I am so disappointed, but I am doing what I'm supposed to. Is it always going to be like this now? I am really discouraged today....

I'm 5 weeks post-op today and I've only lost 15 pounds. I am also starting feel like this surgery was a waist of time. I could have lost 15 pounds in five weeks on any other diet! My surgeon told me last week that I need to eat at least 1000 calories a day to speed up my weight loss. I was only getting 700 - 800 per day. I'm trying to stick to the 1000 calorie plan, 60 - 80 grams of protien and 48 - 64 oz of Water as day. We'll see if the weight lose gets better I guess.

Be encouraged, I am new to the sleeve, but not to WLS. I had the lap band and was a slow loser, but lost 71 pounds on it. I believe when the weight comes off it will come off and all of you will be slim and trim. I have read some of the veteran sleever's posts and they say focus on the inches, not the scale.< /p>

I will say that I have consistently lost about 2 pounds per week... right from the beginning. It could be that your body is still transitioning from the surgery and the drastic change. At that point for me I had my mom hide the scale (lol, seriously... she had to bring it to work with her) and each day I focused on my Water and my Protein and nothing else. After two weeks I got on the scale and it was awesome!! After that I was more on track.

Also, your body could be changing. I go through stages where i'll lose for awhile and then i'll stall, but if i stall then I'm dropping sizes. At my highest it took a good 60 pounds before I started dropping sizes quickly, but still, it helped to see the difference.

Keep you head high! Ask your surgeon questions to make sure you aren't doing anything wrong. Once you get his/her confirmation then try to stop worry about it! You are doing great focusing on your Water and Protein and calories and that is what is important at this stage.

Slow loss beats NO loss. I mean, it goes in spurts. Sometimes you will lose slow or even stall...but then other times you will lose faster. I think you should get an old t shirt and try it on every 2 weeks. You will feel the change better than scale numbers or even measuring inches. BIGG HUGGGS...Keep your heads up!

Well, a couple things for you guys to consider.

If you are starting out with a lower BMI (40'ish or lower), you will likely lose at a slower rate. Also, there different programs that you may consider logging what you eat like fitnesspal.com or others to see what the calorie/ carb breakdown of what you are eating. There are times when people may be eating things that they don't realize the effect it may be having on their weight loss. Things like sauces on meats, types of salad dressings, etc... Are you incorporating any exercise into your week?

You may even consider posting a typical day/ week on here for others to provide suggestions of what you are eating along with your activity. Don't get discouraged, you are likely doing all the right things, and remember everyone is different.

Not including pre-op diet, I've lost 12 lbs since surgery in 6wks. I understand I started at lower BMI than some and don't have as much to lose but come on.

I am using MFP pretty consistently and exercising, though that is what I am going to try to increase! I know my food intake is ok.

i am three weeks post op n have lost (not including the 2 pre op 2 week diet ) 17 pounds since surgery n been stuck at the same weight for almost 4 days now.. i dont stress it much because my body is still healing everywhere n trying to catch up, i noticed my face is slimmer, my double chin is now one n is small, my legs , thighs, arms ,wrist n fingers all inches lost . n i went from a tight 16 to a 14, so i am happy for that. i still am trying to get all my Vitamins in, n Protein, n water.. but i know it will get better! i am 17 pounds away from "Onederland" so if it takes me 2 month to get there hurray because i know its not only pounds i am dropping but inches as well.. the pounds will fall on their own. dont forget to walk walk walk, n sip sip sip.

Oh I am so right there with you all! I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and going in for my post-op appointment and I have only lost 3 lbs since I last saw my surgeon (a month ago). Total I have lost about 25 lbs. but nothing is happening on my scale.

I am taking in 600-800 cals and I have been walking daily. I am getting 50-70 grams of protien and watching my carb intake. I was told I need more calories, maybe about 1,000 to get out of the plateau.

I don't care what the scale tells me, I feel better everyday and I am noticing my clothes are fitting more and more comfortable. I am just trying to keep the positive attitude and after tomorrow's Dr. visit I should be released to go into a more vigorous exercise routine that I was already doing pre-op so hopefully that is going to get that stubborn scale moving downward.

Don't give up! The weight will come off we just need patience and a positive attitude!! :)

Well, the doctor says I'm doing great. She's like you've lost a 1/3 of your excess weight. What are you talking about? Well, I guess if you put it that way. She definitely counts the 10 lb lost on the pre-op diet. (That's the same 10 lbs I gained when she took the Fluid out of the band).

Well, OK. What else can I say? The surgery is done. Gotta make it work.

wow i am sry u feel that way, the surgery is done make it work, it does work. you need to mentally prepare your self and learn the new traits of ur sleeve. Remember this is just a tool to aid in weight loss, no magic gimics here. Its all you and the sleeve, and how active u are, and on top of what ever ur doc and nutritionist say whats best for u. u need some motivation, go to youtube there are many inspirational stories. No one said it was an easy journey, its not the easy way out, you have to work hard to get to ur goal.. its done.. move on to a more positive side, and make it work! :rolleyes::)

I am losing very slowly too. I was concerned at first, but have read posts from several veterans that lost at a slower pace as well and it changed my point of view. Who cares if it takes me 6 months longer to get to goal than another person? I am still going to get there. I am still glad I had the surgery because I physically cannot eat large quantities of food or binge. This means that whatever pace I lose, I will be able to maintain when I reach goal. That will be the great accomplishment. I have stopped looking at this as a race. I really am on a journey and everything about my relationship to food is changing. Real change takes time and I have the time and patience to invest in myself.

I'm glad I came across this post. I'm only a week post op but I know I will be a slow loser because I'm starting at a lower rate than many. We just have to stay motivated and do the right things. I know it sucks to come on the board and see people posting about the large numbers they lost.