Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so scared, help, please!!!kinda gross. women only.

Hedwig,

My sister has Crohns disease. When she has a 'flare-up' her symptoms are a lot like what you just discribed. Stress, cola's, spicy foods, shell fish, lack of rest - are all reasons her Crohns will start showing up.

But this is just one of the many things that your symptoms could be related to. :)

Regardless, my suggestion is that you find a gastro-doctor *soon*... unless your insurance requires you to work your way up (start with GP then get a referrel to a gastro).

We're worried about ya, Kiddo! ((hugs))

Colonoscopy = bowel prep = butt & tummy hell.

good to hear from you hedwig. it amazes me how long it takes to rule out things when diagnosing patients. keep us posted. us "bandeds" stick together!:)

p.s. i think in addition to dinner and a movie, some sort of jewelry may be warranted!

So glad to hear from you. We've been worried about you. I think a colonoscopy is probably the way to go to rule out polyps or anything else. So sorry you are going through this. It doesn't sound band related at all. Please take the advice that if you feel dizzy to go back to the ER. You don't want to lose too much blood. Don't even worry about paying them for now. You can worry about that later when you are feeling better. My prayers are with you.

right after i had my third child i had bleeding like that coming from my rear end they thought it might have been a tumor. and they wanted to look up there to see what it was but it was to painful. but they did figure out that it was a fissure. which is a tear in the rectal wall and takes a long time to heal because there is constant bacteria running through there but i would definitly go see a dr. for sure. you have to make sure its not something more serious. good luck and keep us posted.

Bumping this up, hoping Hedwig you'll come back soon and let us know how things are

Thinking of you and sending you good vibes from Oz

I want to update what was said about bright red rectal bleeding not being from internal problems, because then it would be brown. That's true only in some cases. If you have a slow GI bleed, digestive juices will cause the blood to appear like dark coffee-grounds. However, if the bleed is too rapid and there isn't time for the blood to be digested, the rectal bleeding will be profuse (enough to seem like diarrhea) and appear bright red. I was an ER nurse and cared for many patients with GI bleeds. A person having this needs to get to an ER immediately.

Hedwig please let us know how things go re: the colonoscopy. I hope you are able to get one soon. My thoughts are with you. :hug:

Hedwig,

I'm checking back in to see how you're doing. You mentioned that if you feel better, you will let it go because you have so much other stuff on your plate. Please don't do that -- even if the symptom subsides, this needs to be checked out to make sure you won't have another bleeding episode. Re a colonoscopy prep being butt and tummy hell, I wouldn't describe it that way. I had one and admittedly the prep wasn't pleasant, but basically you have to drink a lot of a special Fluid and stay by a toilet for a few hours cause you'll be pooping repeatedly. I'm not sure if they use a different prep for someone who's already had rectal bleeding.The doctor knocked me out for the colonoscopy itself, and I recommend you insist on that if/when you have one. I know people are apprehensive about having a colonoscopy, but honestly, it was OK and I'm glad I did it.

You know, lzimm36 may be on to something here.....I was checked for a fistula a couple of years ago. I gave birth to a big baby the year prior. This could be the reason for the rectal blood during your period.....the blood could pass through the fistula. I guess there are so many things it could be. :( I will keep you in my prayers and I hope to hear from you soon as to what the doc said.....keep in touch!!

hey all, nancy rn thay is exactly how it is. It is diarrhea but all blood and mucus. no stool, and is heavy enough to sink to the bottom of the toilet. I am going to my doctor next week to get a refferal to get a colonoscopy. Nothing has changed one bit. Still cramping real bad and running to the toliet atleast 6-10 times a day. It seems to be getting worse. I am trying to take care of a major family problem involving 2 children. I am very close with one and she needs me 24/7 right now. It is a major situation, and a scary one. I can't leave to take care of this right now. She needs me and I love her so much I can't leave her side. I find out fri if she will be ok, so If all is good I am taking care of me next week. If things are bad I still will take care of me. But as of this week and weekend she really needs me. Lots of stress. I did go to er and they didn't want to admit me because my blood count was fine, and so was my blood pressure. Also no hemroids, or bacteria in urine. I know something is wrong with me. I am scared. I cancelled my fill to watch my niece, and I think I should wait to find out what is going on before I get a fill. I have lost 6 lbs in 2 days. I feel I can last till next week. Thanks for all the concern. You all mean so much to me. I will be back soon. If the post goes away I will find it. I won't be back this weekend because of the situation I mentioned earlier. thanks again, I know I will be ok.

YOU NEED TO GO TO HOSPITAL AND GET CHECKED OUT

It could be any number of things (as outlined in the other posts) - it also sounds like diverticulitis of the bowel, or a colonic polyp that may have burst. These are not necessarily serious, however need to be investigated and closely monitored. You may need medication or lifestyle advice to manage any future recurrences of whatever it is that is causing your problem.

Good luck. God bless. Don't worry, you will be fine, but PLEASE go to the hospital.

I have had the exact same thing. I work in a huig Doctors office and was told that it was normal because my body was going through some major changes and because of the recent surgery. My period was also abnormal

for the first two months, It is back to normal now and the clotting has stopped. I hope that helps you. At the same time if it does get back to normal and is prolonged you shoud see your OB/GYN.

Hi Hedwig...my suggestion when you go in..they can give you papers for help with payment..like a grant..and most of the time..it will cover the er visit..it's assistance....hope everything works out for you!

Supermodel,

Are you saying you were having rectal bleeding and were told it was normal?? How much bleeding did you have?