Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so scared, help, please!!!kinda gross. women only.

hedwig - did you go to the hosiptal? what did they say? it could be serious but it does sound a bit like my miscarriage. keep us all posted!

praying for you:)

Mucus w/ BM is not a cause for alarm, mucus w/ BM and blood in acute cases is most frequently linked to bowel or lining irritation (e.g. 'roids, or a tear in the lining), or bacterial infection (e.g. dysentery). Lots of other causes but most will exhibit longer term symptoms. Don't be surprised if your doc questions your BM patterns, whether or not you typically have to push hard, etc.

Disclaimer - it has been over 10 years since I last studied medicine, so do not take this as qualified information.

Hope all is well...

Worried about Hedwig..I wonder if she was admitted? I hope all is well with her. Let's send out a prayer for her.

I have had periods like this. Heavy, lots of clots, bright red. I have gone to the ER for it too. They say if you bleed thru a pad in an hour then you need to go. If it is an hour and a half that is not bad and "don't worry." If it is rectal then that is another story...

Just my experiences though... your case may be different.

My mother had this happen - a large quantity of bright red blood. Found out she had an intestinal polyp that had had a ruptured blood vessel.

Her bleeding was so severe, her hematocrit dropped to 7.4.

She had to have colon surgery (nowadays they would do a colonoscopy - no incisions and almost immediat recovery.

But IF it had bled again, she could very well have bled to death.

Definitely something for an ER. As it was, she went into her GP the next day and he refused to believe her when she was telling him how much she bled. And the polyp was SO large, they made her take 3 barium enemas til someone got bright enough to compare all three films - and realized it wasn't fecal matter, it was a GROWTH.

OneMoreTime

Hey girl, I don't have any advice to give... I hope you went to the doctor, and found out what was goin on. Please let us know.

Sorry I didn't respond right away. I spent all day in ER and I came home and fell asleep. Well, they tested my urine, blood, stool, and The doctor ows me dinner and a movie for what he did back there:eek: . Unfortanatly I couldn't get a colonoscopy because it was sunday. I guess they would have to admit me as an inpatient for that and the doctor said he thinks I should go to my doctor and get a referral for that. He found blood in my stool and urine. He said because I have my period he expected to find blood in my urine. As for my blood count and the test as a whole he said it looked fine. Iwas so frustrated I was crying. This is the second time I've been there due to my stomach and they bame up with nothing. Trust me I don't go unless it's major. There was no bacteria or hemmroids either. (next sentence is very gross so I warn you) I had a tampon in when I bleed so I know it didn't come from my period. Plus it is still happening and my period is officially over. The blood is mixed with stool now. So atleast it is not just blood anymore. Being pregnant is not even possible. I haven't been in a relationship for a year, hint. Thanks for all the support. I really love you all for caring. I guess I have to get a colonoscopy after I go to my doctor. I have a feeling OneMoreTime is right. I am still scared and angry. Not to mention not feeling well. I keep getting strong contracting feelings and keep running to the bathroom. Oddly enough I haven't been able to eat much at all. My band feels real tight and my throat feels tight. I also feel some nausea. I know this isn't band related but I hope it hasn't affected it. I see my doctor for my band tue. for a fill. I am so overwhelmed with all this crap (pun not intended). I know myself and if I feel better I will let it go. I have so many other things on my plate right now. Today was my only chance to worry about me. Thanks again, and I am really gonna try to see my doctor some time this week.:) :) :)

Hedwig,

I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and your post was the first thing I looked at this am. I am an RN. I hope you don't mind a little advice. If the bleeding continues and you notice your skin color getting pale, you start to get dizzy with position changes like getting up out of bed or standing from a sitting position, go back to the ER or your doctor immediately. It means that you have lost enough blood to mess up you blood pressure. Not necessarily the skin color, but the dizziness. Something is obviously going on. If you run a fever, I would also go back. That might mean that what ever is bleeding is now infected. Any shortness of breath also. Don't worry about paying the ER. They can't make you pay and you just set up payments of 20 dollars a month. Say that is all you can afford. They can't say no. Email me if you have any questions. The thing is. Go to the ER if you have any of these problems and you can't get to your doctor or you need help immediately. I would rather be considered a frequent flyer and find out what is wrong than end up deathly ill. The people on this thread are so nice!!! We are all praying for you to get better. Take care, Meg

Hedwig, I am glad to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts. I hope they find out what is going on and you can get to feeling better. Hugs.

Well, they tested my urine, blood, stool, and The doctor ows me dinner and a movie for what he did back there:eek: .

Good for you for having a sense of humor through all of this.

(next sentence is very gross so I warn you) I had a tampon in when I bleed so I know it didn't come from my period.

Having a tampon in isn't "very gross" it's very NORMAL. I think it was a good and valid point that you were able to rule out vaginal bleeding as the source because of your tampon being in place. Stop worrying about offending our sensibilities and concentrate on getting better.

We're all worried about you and sending our thoughts and prayers for some answers and a quick recovery. Let us know how you're doing so we won't worry so much.