Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Longs Is Your Pre-Op Diet?

Because my BMI was higher I had to start the Optifast Diet (5 shakes, 1 bar) per day on March 14th and my surgery isn't scheduled until April 16th. So far so good, but man that's a long time!

Mine is 10 days...it wasn't bad the first day I did want carbs twords the end of the day...and realized I need to chew...I'm in day 2 and I'm starving! I'm drinking enough and got my protien in but it's midnight and I'm heading to the fridge for a protien shake! I'm so hungry...please tell me it gets better!

My preop diet will be for 14 days. Besides Protein drinks, things allowed are SF Jello and SF/FF pudding, V8 or Tomato juice, 1/2 cup of cream of wheat or oatmeal, 6 oz. Dannon Light and Fit yogurt or Greek plain yogurt, and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce.

If after 115 grams Protein is consomed for the day, we are still hungry, raw vegetables (listed below) are allowed. We can use plain Greek yogurt with Mrs. Dash mixed in for a dip.

Vegetables allowed are cucumber, celery, broccoli, gr. pepper, gr. Beans, spinach, lettuce, kale, zucchini, green onion, cauliflower, onions, radishes, or mushrooms. That's it. Nothing more. This is from the University of Michigan.

Ok day two of liquids' date=' not to bad except co workers have to sit beside me with their fries and burgers. How rude and yes they know what I'm doing. They will fill differently when I'm healthier than them so ha ha. I found that I miss chewing. So I chew on a Popsicle to help with that. My stomach is growling really loud now. I'm going to make me something to drink now.[/quote']

That's my problem too I'm a chewer

I'm on the 11th day of my preop diet,3 days left. It was awful for the first 3 days. I cried ALOT! I was an emotional wreck. But it does get easier.

3 days till surgery. woohoo!!!!!

I had to do 1 week of full liquids and 24 hours of clears pre-op. It went well for me. Didn't cheat not one time. Post op, I have to do 2 weeks of liquids and I'm struggling. I'm so ready to start my soft foods.

Anyone have to do an enema? My liquid diet is only 2 days, but I have to take/insert an enema one day prior in the a.m.

Anyone have to do an enema? My liquid diet is only 2 days, but I have to take/insert an enema one day prior in the a.m.

Ok this is only three days into my 10 day of liquid diet. I was doing ok. Then we took my father law out for his birthday, wow I barely made it. I ordered Soup but it was all veg, very little broth. I kept thinking " why am I doing this to myself this is torture " but I made it. It was all I had not to break down in tears. But when I got home and I felt a little better. I just hope I can see this to the end, without falling apart. I'm so scared I will breakdown and my husband will see me as a failure. I have to do this. I want to see the other side of my life. The side that is thinner and healthier.

No enema, but after 2 week pre op diet I had 2 days clear liquid and then today is my surgery eve and I had to drink a bottle of laxative this morning...yuck! I feel a little weak but super excited!

Ok this is only three days into my 10 day of liquid diet. I was doing ok. Then we took my father law out for his birthday, wow I barely made it. I ordered Soup but it was all veg, very little broth. I kept thinking " why am I doing this to myself this is torture " but I made it. It was all I had not to break down in tears. But when I got home and I felt a little better. I just hope I can see this to the end, without falling apart. I'm so scared I will breakdown and my husband will see me as a failure. I have to do this. I want to see the other side of my life. The side that is thinner and healthier.

Hang in there! It does get easier and days will go by faster. I did cheat one day of my pre op and felt so sick. Now I've been on Clear Liquids 2 days and am having no problem feeding my son Cookies. I just try to keep in my mind how I feel being the size I am and how much better I will feel after my surgery...and thank god it's at 5:30am in the morning tomorrow lol! Keeping you in my prayers, stay strong you made it this far and yo are so close *hugs*

Ok this is only three days into my 10 day of liquid diet. I was doing ok. Then we took my father law out for his birthday' date=' wow I barely made it. I ordered Soup but it was all veg, very little broth. I kept thinking " why am I doing this to myself this is torture " but I made it. It was all I had not to break down in tears. But when I got home and I felt a little better. I just hope I can see this to the end, without falling apart. I'm so scared I will breakdown and my husband will see me as a failure. I have to do this. I want to see the other side of my life. The side that is thinner and healthier.[/quote']

I Joyce, I was where you are too and I thought I would forever feel like I was starving and have to watch people eat food I wanted. My surgery three weeks ago and I have to say I have not had one craving or yearned for anything. My husband even cooked a pizza and I didn't care. It gets better. Hang in there even if it's one second at a time. It will be worth it.

Ok this is only three days into my 10 day of liquid diet. I was doing ok. Then we took my father law out for his birthday' date=' wow I barely made it. I ordered Soup but it was all veg, very little broth. I kept thinking " why am I doing this to myself this is torture " but I made it. It was all I had not to break down in tears. But when I got home and I felt a little better. I just hope I can see this to the end, without falling apart. I'm so scared I will breakdown and my husband will see me as a failure. I have to do this. I want to see the other side of my life. The side that is thinner and healthier.[/quote']

I'm in the exact same spot! I'm on day 3 of my ten day and we bought a corn soup one of the V8 boxes and when I strained out the corn there was a half cup of liquid left...I had to split that between my dinner and lunch for tomorrow...I'm like I have nothing left...we will get through this....private message me if you want to exchange numbers..we can support each other since we are on the same journey at the same time :)

I'm on a two-week pre-op diet with their horrible foods. Cannot tolerate them. It cost me a$163 for a bunch of crap. I talked to the dietitician and she said I could drink sugar free Carnation instant Breakfast, but I don't know if I can handle drinking this for the next 6 weeks. It is better than the other stuff. I'm scheduled for surgery on 4/16 and I'm so scared I won't be able to tolerate all the Protein Shakes. I finally made myself two eggs yesterday and today I had 1/2 c of cottage cheese with 1 tsp. of no sugar added pineapple. Is anybody else feel really upset and distressed?

Worried DT

2 weeks

2 weeks for me, on my paperwork for my BMI it said 1 weeks liquids, but Mr Doctor wants me to do 2 weeks, Ugh! So glad I start on a Friday.