Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Find The Operation Stupid

I can dring over 700 ml of orange juice a day but cant eat even a quarter of cheese burger because its uncomfortable. im loosing weight but cant eat normal !! its my 40 day and i just keep snaking and drinking juice this really sucks.

R u serious or is this a joke??? WHY r u drinking 700 ml of orange juice a day? That is pure high calorie? And even at your stage I doubt a cheeseburger is your best option??? Are u following your doctor's food plan??

We are all entitled to our opinions. But I have never doubted the change this sleeve has made in my life. I used to not eat normal. Now with my sleeve I eat normal. I eat to survive not to enjoy. My sleeve has turned me into a health conscious eater. I do not drink any juices, watch the carbs in those, also be careful with orange juice, quite acidic.

My typical day of food goes. (at 5 months out)

8 oz - skim milk (100 cal, 10 protein) 1 scoop chocolate injury (100 cal, 20 protein)

1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogourt (60 cal, 10 protein) with a few blueberries and smushed blacked berries for flavour (40 cal)

3-4 oz of Water with 1 scoop injury strawberry (100 cal, 20 protein)

raw vegetables with 2 tbs hummus (appx 100 cal, 4-6 protein)

3-4 oz of Water with 1 scoop injury strawberry (100 cal, 20 protein)

that is 700 calories and around 85 grams of Protein.

Although I do not typically eat much meat, as it does aggravate my stomach but still have no problem staying within calories and getting my Protein. If you use your sleeve right there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

This operation is stupid? I'm confused. you are making some poor choices in what you eat and yet you say the operation is stupid. Can you share the reasons the operation isn't working fo you?

I am 7 weeks post op and I'm still on soft and mushed solids diet. Even if you are on a solid diet, I dont think a cheeseburger is a good idea at this point in time. Hang in there -- the sleeve will work as it is supposed to when we feed it right. You could check with your nutritionist about what are the right food choices at this point.

Take care of yourself!!

R u serious or is this a joke??? WHY r u drinking 700 ml of orange juice a day? That is pure high calorie? And even at your stage I doubt a cheeseburger is your best option??? Are u following your doctor's food plan??

im barely swallowing food so the 700 ml orange juice isnt enough to make me fat

This operation is stupid? I'm confused. you are making some poor choices in what you eat and yet you say the operation is stupid. Can you share the reasons the operation isn't working fo you?

i thought the concept of the operation is to eat anything i want in small portions.

i am a medical student and dont need a doctor to tell me what to eat , but its my 40th day and i thought i can atleast swallow meat . I can eat crisps and Snacks easily . im loosing weight which makes me happy but i wish if i can eat normal.

im barely swallowing food so the 700 ml orange juice isnt enough to make me fat

The 700 ml of Orange juice is going to be very acidic. You should try and avoid acidic foods and drinks as much as possible for as long as you can. People who have had the sleeve have trouble with acid reflux, that much acid would make the likelihood of acid much, much higher. Unfortunately the PPIs we are too take can have long term bone density issues so reducing the acid as much as possible to prevent the need to use these meds long term is important. Not trying to push anything on you, but for your health it would be much wiser to find alternative ways to get calories.

There are many soft foods that you could consume that would be much better such as... greek yogurt, cottage cheese, hummus, Beans.

Honestly all of us got the way we are because we were eating the wrong things. This operation is not a magic cure. It helps you, its a tool, but it won't do it for you. I have heard of people that have had the surgery that have lost barely any weight because they continue the same eating habits.

You have been given a wonderful opportunity with the sleeve, and at 40 days in you still have ample opportunities to change any bad habits. I am not saying you need to be an angel by any means. Give in to occasional temptations in moderation, but you need a healthy foundation.

i am a medical student and dont need a doctor to tell me what to eat , but its my 40th day and i thought i can atleast swallow meat . I can eat crisps and Snacks easily . im loosing weight which makes me happy but i wish if i can eat normal.

If you're a medical student, why didn't you learn more about the operation? 40 days out is less than 7 weeks. Your stomach isn't even fully healed yet and you're shoving chips and snacks and burgers down it? You of all people should know, nothing happens overnight. If you think the surgery is stupid, perhaps you should have done more research before having the surgery.

If you're a medical student, why didn't you learn more about the operation? 40 days out is less than 7 weeks. Your stomach isn't even fully healed yet and you're shoving chips and Snacks and burgers down it? You of all people should know, nothing happens overnight. If you think the surgery is stupid, perhaps you should have done more research before having the surgery.

If you're a medical student, why didn't you learn more about the operation? 40 days out is less than 7 weeks. Your stomach isn't even fully healed yet and you're shoving chips and snacks and burgers down it? You of all people should know, nothing happens overnight. If you think the surgery is stupid, perhaps you should have done more research before having the surgery.

i couldnt swallow the burger can you please read carefully ?

Im sorry i cant understand why you would want to eat a cheese burger in the first place. You had the surgery to live a healthy life (right?, or was it just for looks) not still eat the same old things. And as for your comment.. "i thought the concept of the operation is to eat anything i want in small portions. ".. well yeah eventually you can, however WHY WOULD YOU? Your only 7 weeks i still even now 6 mnths out cant eat a cheese burger and there are day where even the best foods i eat i cant even keep down.

You will be able to eat a little more when you get a little further out and the swelling goes down inside your sleeve. You have to try different types of Protein, if for instance chicken doesn't work for you right now, then try something different like a soft scrambled egg or cottage cheese. String cheese is tasty and handy to keep with you.

It would be a good idea though to try to form good eating habits now, and make healthier food choices.

The person above made a good point about orange juice being acidic, and it's very true. Most of us have an acid problem, at least early out, so it may be best to switch from orange juice to Protein Shakes? It takes a while to adjust, and it can be difficult if you have some intolerance's to some foods, but give it a little more time. Focus on fluids and softer food. The dryer the meat, the more difficult to tolerate, so try to use dips of some type. I like to mix plain greek yogurt with hidden valley ranch dip mix or any others. But you can use other dips or dressings.< /p>

Hamany, tera ana mithlik imsawe el 3amaliya. Sarly al7een 3 months bs ghal6an takil cheeseburger min awalha. O mithlik ana a7ib el fast food bs 3a6ah wagt.

Stick to a healthy diet plan, give yourself at least a few months to lose the weight and then consider what you want to eat.

Deer balik la i9eer feeh leakage tera el imoor et9eer very complicated wenta eb ghina 3an hal shay.

Imwafag inshalah wetha tabe ayeshay dezly private message or email me.

Ana nizalt 32kg eb 3 months.

Hamany, I'm a doctor and still took all of my surgeon's advice, and did all the research possible. You cannot use your being a medical student as an excuse for not taking care of your health.

You, of all people, should understand that orange juice does not give you a well balanced diet with Proteins, and will not sustain you. If you can drink liquids, focus on Protein drinks instead.

Crisps and crunchy Snacks are easy for all sleeve patients to eat, because they do not expand in the stomach and slide right through. The sleeve is a TOOL to help us make better food choices, not a quick fix to our obesity. We still have to maintain discipline and be careful with your nutrition.

All the best to you and continue to use this forum to educate yourself about your new sleeve.