Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been gone a long time......

And just found the time to actually come and post. Things have been crazy in my life and I just wanted to share with you all. FIrst of all my pregnancy has been going pretty good for the most part. I am due in October - the doctor is going to induce me when I am 38 weeks which should be about Oct 15th. I had to have my band unfilled to 1cc. I have gained about 60 lbs and that is depressing in itself seeing as I lost over 100 lbs pre pregnancy. My doctor said I needed to have it unfilled due to the serious heartburn I was having. They weren't sure if it was due to the band or to the pregnancy and I didn't want to take any chances either. I can always have the band refilled and start over but this baby only has one chance to be born healthy. The best part of this baby is that it has brought me and my husband closer than we have ever been. For those of you that remember we were in the process of getting a divorce. We aren't back together because of the baby but it has helped bring us closer together. I realized I didn't get married to get divorced and we had been together for 13 years. So with the help of marriage counseling we are doing quite well. I am having a girl - really wanted a boy - but having a girl none the less. :preggers: I am thinking the names Cassidy, Kaia, Tess, Carly or Isabella. What do you think? Just wanted to say hi and hope that my post finds each and everyone of you happy, healthy and loosing!!!

Wow a new baby and a saved marriage - that seems like true blessings from above. You are right to now worry too much about your weight (but if you don't go too crazy with eating it will be easier to get off afterwards) as your health and the baby's is most important. All the names you picked out are beautiful. good luck with everything and thanks for updating everyone.

I'm very happy for you... just remember things work out a for a reason. Do not even focus on the wieght gain, once you will see your baby in your arms it will be worth every pound gained. I like the names you picked out, but Isabella stands out, that name is very pretty. I'm just curious, though, have you had any other complication with your pregancy because of the band? How soon after the pregancy did you have to get an unfill? I'm just trying to get info for me, since I had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years before the band and just in case and if with this weightloss I might get lucky!

Congratulations on your baby and your marriage progress. The weight will come off later. I agree that you are doing the right thing to focus on the baby right now.

I like all the names, but especially yours-CARMEN!!

Best wishes!

I'm just curious, though, have you had any other complication with your pregancy because of the band? How soon after the pregancy did you have to get an unfill?

Luckily other than gaining weight I haven't had any complications. I had to have the band unfilled about my 4th month mark. I just started to have unbelievable heartburn and they just wanted to make sure it wasn't the band. It semed to subside a lot when I was unfilled. I went from 3.25 cc's down to 1 cc in my band. I figure after my 6 week postpartum mark I will get a fill again and start loosing. So glad I had the band. Never would be able to go back with the bypass.:clap2:

Guess what Lioness81970, ... I just found out last night that I am pregnant!!! Now I need to get on the phone with my doctors to try to find out, what I do next, I tought it was very odd , that no matter what I did, I did not loose any weight this last month. - I have a 5 yr old and she is thrilled and my husband is estatic!! I only lost 53lbs but hey, I will get back on track after the baby, right? I will find out how far I am in two weeks, but I am guessing about 4-6 weeks out.

I love the name Isabella. My daughter just gave us our first grandbaby and I wanted her to name her Isabella so bad but instead it's Briana which now I love to. Good luck on your new baby and your new go at marriage. I've been married to my husband for 25 years and we still have our days where we could walk out and not look back so I think everyone does you just have to keep on keeping on as my Dad tells me.

Don't worry about your weight, taking care of dh and 2 children and the band it will all come off.

Guess what Lioness81970, ... I just found out last night that I am pregnant!!!

COngratulations!!! :whoo: I am so happy for you. Seems like when you DON'T try that's when it happens. I wish you all the best in your pregnancy. Keep me (us) updated!!