Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Sleeve Journey - Beliteweight/ Dr. Rodriguez/ Star Medica Hospital - Juarez, Mx

Thank you both for your replies. I keep second guessing my self. Over thinking it all at times.

Thank YOU for sharing your experience! Dr. Rod is a great doctor and doesnt get as much recognition on these boards as he should! :)

Amy

Hi Amy- I am having surgery with Dr. Rod on April 1 in Juarez. I am pretty comfortable with my decision on location and Dr. but I am concerned about pain management after the procedure. I have had a bad reaction to some pain medications in the past. Can you tell me what they gave you in the hospital and what they sent you home with? Was it adequate? Thanks

Patientbutnervous I am going to Dr. Rod March 29th. I'll see you there :).

Hi Skinny Cow,

Just wanted to say congrats and that my experience was almost identical to yours! Except that I went by myself. I was VERY nervous but I didn't want my nosy, judgmental, and unsupportive family to know about me going so my husband couldn't go with me because he had to stay home with our children. But everything went off without a hitch and JUST like you said right down to the SAME nurses :D

It will be a year for me in May and I couldn't be happier with my results. I set my goal at 125 and I haven't been able to get there but that's what I weighed in HS and I just kind of picked that goal myself based on that and I am more than twice my age than I was when I weighed that before (I will be 40 this year...yikes!) and I have a 22 BMI and wear a size 4 and am VERY happy with what I am eating so I think I am satisfied with this plateau.

Just wanted to chime in on this and say congrats to you and let anyone else that was considering going to Dr. Rod in Juarez to NOT sweat it ONE BIT...it's a breeze and they take WONDERFUL care of you.

Hugs, xo

Hi Skinny Cow,

Just wanted to say congrats and that my experience was almost identical to yours! Except that I went by myself. I was VERY nervous but I didn't want my nosy, judgmental, and unsupportive family to know about me going so my husband couldn't go with me because he had to stay home with our children. But everything went off without a hitch and JUST like you said right down to the SAME nurses :D

It will be a year for me in May and I couldn't be happier with my results. I set my goal at 125 and I haven't been able to get there but that's what I weighed in HS and I just kind of picked that goal myself based on that and I am more than twice my age than I was when I weighed that before (I will be 40 this year...yikes!) and I have a 22 BMI and wear a size 4 and am VERY happy with what I am eating so I think I am satisfied with this plateau.

Just wanted to chime in on this and say congrats to you and let anyone else that was considering going to Dr. Rod in Juarez to NOT sweat it ONE BIT...it's a breeze and they take WONDERFUL care of you.

Hugs, xo

Hi Velouria!

Thank you!! and congrats to YOU for ROCKIN' THAT SLEEVE! :)

I had my surgery in Juarez with Dr Rod on 2/4/12. It was a great experience and I felt completely safe. I started at 260 lbs and 5 weeks out I am 230.4 lbs. Speaking Spanish definitely helps. I have absolutely no complaints.

Amy - I just want to say a HUGE Thanks to you. You have been my unofficial guardian throughout this process and I will always be indebted to you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thanks so much to you guys for putting my mind at ease. I am going to Star Medica/Dr. Rod on Mar. 29th and I praying all goes well. I am doing this for a longer, healthier live and to be around to play with my kids so I'm praying there are no complications.

I really appreciate this post i'm planning on going to Dr. Jose Rodriguez' date=' maybe in July if i have all my money saved, i live in El Paso so i'm going to Juarez and i'm hoping i made the right choice.[/quote']

I am going in July to dr rod too at star medica! Probably the first week of July maybe I'll see you there! :)

You will NOT be disappointed with Dr. Rod and his staff!!! Good Luck!!!!

I had my surgery through the same place and facilitators. Everyone was wonderful. Just a surgery afterthought, how does it work if you do get a leak? Do you have to go back to Mexico? How much is it? Do the doctors here handle it without attitude? How much is it here? Sorry for the focus on cost, but life is that way. Has anybody went back to Mexico? Has anyone had it handled here? Would the Center of Excellence hospital handle it? Does Star Medica and Center of Excellence hospitals here work together?

Thank you for your story

I just got back from having surgery with Dr. Rod at the StarMedica Hospital and I was very impressed with him and his partners. The hospital and nurses were better than I experience here the states. I will go to Mexico if I ever need surgery again.

I just got back from having surgery with Dr. Rod at the StarMedica Hospital and I was very impressed with him and his partners. The hospital and nurses were better than I experience here the states. I will go to Mexico if I ever need surgery again.

I want to thank you for sharing your experience with Dr Rodriguez and Star Medica. I hope to have surgery in January 2014, and I have not heard very many reviews or comments about him. My friend had her surgery with him last year, and has had great success, she spoke very highly of him and the facility. I guess people are afraid to go to Juarez, but I only live 3 hours away, so it would be very convenient for me to go there, and I have family living there as well. I would really like to hear about for progress, and how you are doing. I am a RN, so I can't stop thinking about all the possible complications, and the what ifs. I know my friend is getting tired of all my questions, but she made it sound so easy, almost to good to be true. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance.