Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Those Who Love Soda...

Joni, you took you the words right out of my mouth! I'm a Diet Coke Addict and about a month away from surgery. I'm seriously stressing over quitting. Absolutely ridiculous! It comforts me to know that I'm not the only one and that I can hope I don't desire it anymore. :)

I know it's the bubbles that is supposedly the problem, but an alternate for the aspertamed diet drinks is perhaps a seltzer Water with a pinch of lime, or a juice? I am sure citrus might not work for everyone but just an idea to try if you HAVE to have something with bubbles. I like selter, but my drink of choice when outdoors, or going to a store is usually a low cal gatorade, or a large bottle of water. i can't remember the last time I had a diet or even a full cal soda.

I love True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange & True Grapefruit. It comes in 1 drink sized envelopes & really tastes like a squeeze of your favorite citrus. You can also use it in cooking. Zero calories. I really recommend it.

Great idea! I forgot about True Lemon - which I love, and wonderful that it has no sugar. Will definitely be adding that to my Water. Thanks for mentioning it.

I miss my Diet Pepsi, I would go through a 2 liter ever two days. But I noticed that the diet pepsi made me gain weight too or maybe it just bloated me I don't know but I gave it up a month prior to surgery and I lost weight just by omitting the soda. I'm on Crystal Light right now and Water.< /p>

I am not a soda drinker, so it wasn't a problem but drinking plain Water gets boring too

I put a recipe out last night and will repeat it here. It is a drink idea a friend gave to me.

The flavor of this is similar to a cream sicle or an orange julius...

32 oz Water

4 oz orange juice

1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or more to taste)

2 packets stevia, or whatever sweetener you like

mix and refrigerate or pour over ice

I would think you could use a couple spoons of regular sugar if you can't tolerate artifical sweetener. I would be such a small amount of sugar that is wouldn't be much in calories.

Instead of typing again, I thought I would link to my comments on soda.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/34256-can-you-have-sodas/page__fromsearch__1

Please ignore that link above ... it didn't do what it was supposed to & it won't let me edit. Sorry! :(

Please ignore that link above ... it didn't do what it was supposed to & it won't let me edit. Sorry! :(

The link worked for me :]

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had 3 sips of a Dr pepper yesterday...I'm good for another month!

I know you're worried about it stretching the sleeve, but if it's the bubbles you crave, Perrier orange is pretty tasty.

Isn't perrier orange, seltzer Water?

Yes, it is, Miss Kiki... It has the desired bubbles and if you leave it out, it will turn a little flat but still have a little bubbly in it. *^__^

i have switched to Zip Fizz no it does not have fizz but there are several flavors and it is much better than plain Water. Plus you get some Vitamins too.

I was a diet cokeaholic before surgery, easily downing a 24 pack a day.. I eventually got off it b4 surgery. 2 months out I had a craving for it and it went down fine. I ended up drinking more and more as the weeks went on which meant less Water. More striking was the cravings I started to have for salt and sugar. Everything tastes so good with DC. I cannot keep it in the fridge because I will choose it over water every time. If you were addicted I would not try it because now I need to get off it again. I was honest with my doctor and he said the carbonation is not good for the stomach. He said it wasn't a big deal but that I would not receive his blessing to drink it. As for stretching, he did not give me a definitive answer but said "it could." I would not recommend even trying it because you will go back to your old habits......even if it means not as much.......it still feels bad to go back.