Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You 200+Er's?

I keep coming to this forum to look for currents posts-but there are none!

Now I know that I am not the only one out there who needs to lose 200+ lbs (or am I?).

If you have 200+ to lose whether you are just starting or near/at goal, you know that our needs are totally different from those who need to lose less. Not that they don't have a journey, it's just different.

I know for me, I find I need more encouragement, my family is supportive, but they don't really understand.

I know that my journey will not end in a year (unless I have results like Paul!) and even tho I have already lost 60+ lbs you can't even tell a little.

I'm doing great, feeling great, so that's not my issue. I'd just like to hear more from those of us who have had a slightly different/longer road to travel.

I too have about 200 lbs to lose. I will tell you this thought YOU can't tell that you've lost 60 lbs - others CAN.

Congrats on the loss so far!

Right here with ya girls. Day 4 of pre op liquids behind me, and the road ahead looks looooong and hard. Please tell me I'm not going to want to eat the world after surgery, because this is rough. I knew it would be, I've experienced this before, but yikes...... (I have to remember my stomach is still football sized, replete with Grehlin.) So, ya.....we're still here Debi!

How ya doin' Circa??

Right here with ya girls. Day 4 of pre op liquids behind me, and the road ahead looks looooong and hard. Please tell me I'm not going to want to eat the world after surgery, because this is rough. I knew it would be, I've experienced this before, but yikes...... (I have to remember my stomach is still football sized, replete with Grehlin.) So, ya.....we're still here Debi!

How ya doin' Circa??

I'm doing great. I didn't have big hunger after surgery. On day 4 I started to feel hungry, but nothing that the liquid diet didn't take care of. I have yet to feel unsatisfied with what I'm allowed to eat.

I'm doing pretty well except for the pain. When I move certain ways it feels like my insides are tearing. It's not a constant pain but it does hurt. I've found that when walking if I hold the left side of my belly kind of pushing it up, it helps relieve some of the pain I have while walking. I've stopped taking the lortab but it still hurts.

No nausea, no gas pains, can drink relatively normal sized drinks. Sleevy McSleeverson has tolerated everything I have put in my mouth. No real hunger pains. I do need to drink some more Water though.

200+ pounds to lose right here Debi. I want to lose at least 220 and hopefully more like 240. As of this morning I'm down 111 so halfway to Onderland. I've been working on it since June and had surgery in October. I've now crossed the line of losing more than half of my loss since surgery with 60 lbs in about 3 and a half months. I saw my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and he thinks it will take me about another year to get there. Based on the progress I'm making, that is fine with me. Good luck to you!

Im here, Im here! I need to lose 287...but would be happy with 240! I am getting sleeved on 3/1 and can't wait! I know it will be a long journey but it is one that I can't wait to officially start and know that I will finish! I have started replacing one meal with a Protein Shake already...mentally preparing myself for the preop diet...but in the end it will all be worth it!

Reporting for active duty :tongue2:

When I began I was 380, I lost the 80 pre-op and 20 post-op; I have 150 more to go. When I look in a mirror I don't see 100 lbs less, but I have gone from JMS 28-30 shorts to JMS 22-24.

This week has been a little hard because I went from loosing 1.30-1.70lb a day to loosing 1.68 in three days. I knew it was gonna happen, especially since I am allowed real Protein rich foods like eggs and cheese, and I am eating them because I know Proteins are super important (I was on liquids before). I had not been doing exercise before because the doctor said to wait a month, but I started today since I am only a few days shy of a month; I only 20 mins and it was hard! Harder than before, and I didn't even do the hard part of my routine.

I feel great and I love this sleeve! :biggrin2:

Hi, DebiC and all of you... I'm here, too. I want to lose 220, but that may be an unreasonable goal for me as my body just may be configured differently than it was years ago when I was thin. I was sleeved 11 days ago and, I won't lie, it's been a very rough couple of weeks for me. Today I started mushies and many of the problems I was having seem to have stopped now that I've had a bit to eat. I'm down a total of 56.8 pounds since I began a low-carb diet in Oct, and like you, not one person has noticed that I've lost weight. I still haven't gone down a full size! So, yes, we do have different issues and a longer journey than many others on this board. Thanks for posting and "putting out the call!"

I just recently hit my 200+ lost number after my first year and I'm nearly at my goal weight. But don't anyone measure themselves against me! Each person is their own vehicle and on their own journey.

I just recently hit my 200+ lost number after my first year and I'm nearly at my goal weight. But don't anyone measure themselves against me! Each person is their own vehicle and on their own journey.

Way to go!!!! This gives me great hope!

:wave: Hi!

I have about 220 to lose, but would be happy at 200 lost.

I also would like to communicate directly with those of us who have much more to lose. I was sleeved on January 10. At my 3 week follow up last Wednesday, I was down 35 lbs. No pre-op diet for me, so that was all post surgery weight loss. Over the last week, I've only lost 3 lbs, making my total 38. I know that this is decent weight loss but I worry that I am not losing like I should.

The weight loss stalled some during my 2nd week, I think mostly due to Aunt Flow coming to town. But then it picked back up and is slowing down a little. I introduced food a week ago after a 3 week liquid diet. I worry constantly about getting in the proper amount of calories, Protein, Water. I am able to consume a little more in one sitting this week, but it's still only 2 - 3 oz. I don't want to send my body into starvation mode. :banghead:

I haven't started exercising yet. I've been working from 8:30 am - 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday so getting to the gym has been hard. I plan to start walking some this weekend. I am also still experiencing a lot of fatigue.

I've started logging my intake on My Fitness Pal. I would love to friend some of you who are using it to compare daily meals and such. I haven't gotten over 600 calories per day this week, last week barely 300 per day. My name is MzPecanBrown there, also.

I'm doing pretty well except for the pain. When I move certain ways it feels like my insides are tearing. It's not a constant pain but it does hurt. I've found that when walking if I hold the left side of my belly kind of pushing it up, it helps relieve some of the pain I have while walking. I've stopped taking the lortab but it still hurts.

I had this type of pain on my right side after surgery. If I reached with that arm, tried to sit up, or any sudden movements I would feel the pain. When I walked, I pushed my stomach in on this side. I had a very difficult time getting comfortable to sleep at night. Mine faded after a little over 2 weeks.

My pain has faded significantly since the last post. Thank goodness.

I asked my surgeon what size bougie he used and he said that he has the greatest success with 40 fr with the least amount of complications. The lady who was sleeved the same day I was and we talked alot the night after our surgeries didn't have any major nausea or vomiting.

I feel pretty blessed that I haven't had any bad side effects from surgery. Not one moment of nausea, haven't vomited once, no slimes, I can drink normal sized drinks, but space out the swallows.

My main thing now is I want something substantive to eat. An egg, some tuna or chicken. Something other than Protein drinks and Soup, pudding or Jello.

I'm done with sweet stuff. I never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth. It might change later, but for now. I'm done.

Yu know its funny but these little milestones like "I ate 3 shrimp", "No nausea or vomiting" or "I had 3 oz of ground turkey" are such big things for us! I guess that's why we need these forums to share the uniqueness of what we put ourselves through to change our lives.

My pain has faded significantly since the last post. Thank goodness.

I asked my surgeon what size bougie he used and he said that he has the greatest success with 40 fr with the least amount of complications. The lady who was sleeved the same day I was and we talked alot the night after our surgeries didn't have any major nausea or vomiting.

I feel pretty blessed that I haven't had any bad side effects from surgery. Not one moment of nausea, haven't vomited once, no slimes, I can drink normal sized drinks, but space out the swallows.

My main thing now is I want something substantive to eat. An egg, some tuna or chicken. Something other than Protein drinks and Soup, pudding or Jello.

I'm done with sweet stuff. I never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth. It might change later, but for now. I'm done.