Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey all my sistah babes!

In reference to finding Dr. Foley, I just kept looking up Plastic Surgeons on the internet and doing background checks, etc. The cost for the whole thing, including the anesthesia is $6800. Of course, the surgery will be in his own surgical suite (not like Dr. Oh, who does it at St. Francis).....but he IS across the street from a franciscan hospital in Lacey. I really liked him and the whole office.

I think my TT is the $6000 end of the financial spectrum because I have a TON of skin....he thinks like 10 pounds to remove.....also he is going to Lipo my pubic area.....good times.....

Glad you can come next week, Sue. Should be fun!

Dawn, I MORE than appreciate all prayers. Thank you!

Mer

Mer - exciting news! Glad you are going to a real PS who only does plastic surgery. I feel better now for you. I know your group will get going and it will be great! Thursdays are just really bad for me until Basketball is over cuz it's game night.

Hi Im in Marysville. I was banded Feb 28th, 2008. :w00t:

Hi and WELCOME!

I am in Everett, near the Lake Stevens Albertson's. When I'm home, that is! We're doing winter in the Palm Springs area in southern CA. Will be home in a month or so!!

How are you doing?

Hey Phyl...

I just decided to take my 2 kids down to Palm Dessert for spring break. My parents are going down for the month of April, so we thought it'd be fun (and warm) to go visit

Sue

Hi, Thank you for all of the suggestions. I did check with the insurance and they told that I am to stay over night and the orders are already in. I know what you mean about getting ahold of the office. They are terrible. I have my pre-op on March 19, but so far I only know the time of the dietician. So I am going to start the calls again.

I was just in Palm Springs in January. My father in law had an emergecy by pass surgery. So we spent a lot of time at Eisenhouser Hospital.

Potatie

Hi There! Welcome to the newbies.....Potatie, Lise, and Misty! This is a super place to get info and good solid support! Glad to know ya!

Lise! Who is doing your banding? Where?

Merrillee

ps! You all should also check out obesityhelp.com and find the WA state forum. Good stuff and LOTS of support groups!

Thank you thank you!!! I'm going to Northwest Weight Loss Surgery in Everett (about 45 minutes north of where I live in South Seattle). My surgeon is Kevin Montgomery MD. Wow - and my surgery is in 4 hours! :rolleyes2:

Hi There! Welcome to the newbies.....Potatie, Lise, and Misty!

Lise! Who is doing your banding? Where?

THANK YOU! Everything went amazingly well and I am feeling great. Even enjoying the liquid diet...beginning to think that slimfast shakes are better than Frapacinos (and a fraction of the calories and fat)!!! So excited that I'm having a hard time sleeping but I'm sure that will pass. :thumbup:

Hi Lise,

Congrats on your surgery today!

God bless!

Merrillee

Lise...

CONGRATS!!! So glad you're doing well! Just take it easy. It's hard to hold back when you feel well, but you have had surgery, baby your body for a bit. No use finding your limits the hard way!

Did you do any liquids before banding? I was on clears for 2 week prior and broth & shakes for 4 week after. Your lucky your doc lets you have shakes, broth got really old really fast!

Sue

Hi Sue - I'm definitely feeling it today...body is sore...that's for sure! Need hubby to help me out of my chair! I did liquids for a couple of days before banding. I could not imagine doing it for 2 weeks - did you go nuts? Did you come up with any new amazing experimental drinks that you can share? check out my blog: Lise The Loser’s Weblog I'm documenting everything about my adventure - including pics!!!

Lise...

CONGRATS!!! So glad you're doing well! Just take it easy. It's hard to hold back when you feel well, but you have had surgery, baby your body for a bit. No use finding your limits the hard way!

Did you do any liquids before banding? I was on clears for 2 week prior and broth & shakes for 4 week after. Your lucky your doc lets you have shakes, broth got really old really fast!

Sue

Hi Lise!

I looked up your blog site. You have doggies! I LOVE doggies! We have 4 of them here....min-pins and chihuahuas. I sew for mine....LOL...

Like Sue said, take it easy....let everyone else do stuff for you and just let yourself heal.

Congrats again on starting this fabulous trip!

Merrillee