Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Carol,

I am in the Twin Lakes area...in Campus Woods here in Federal Way. I had surgery in Everett. Where in FW are you?

The ticker thing always gives people fits at first.....you can go back to the LINKS above (in blue on this page) and update your signature (edit signature). THen you can possibly link to the tickerfactory site or you may have to go back to the site direct and create a new one(make sure to open a new window to go to the tickerfactory.com site). Seems I loose the link or path to mine regularly. But, at the edit signature page, you can highlight the existing ticker and delete it, then you go and click the button with the little mountain and moon in it onthe toolbar to insert a picture. It should then take you to the window that will let you tell it the URL or whatever it is called.....to the ticker. I always have another window open to the tickerfactory and then right click and copy only the items from in between the to (without highlighting those). So you should end up backing out the http:// business on the edit signature page and then pasting your information that you copied into that little window thing. I am so techinical in my ability :frown: IF all is done right, you should see your updated ticker in the preview of your signature. Now that I have confused you thoroughly, good luck. It is easy once you manage to get it in the right place once!

can anyone tell me where to go and how to do the changing of weight on ticker?? I am so challenged..

Carol in WA

Delete the ticker you have now. Go back to the tickerfactory site and redo the ticker. Then copy/paste the bbc code, works better than the html. Make sure you have a password. Then every time you go back and update your weight, it will automatically update your signature without you doing anything.

thanks gals.. I am in the Milton?Edgewood area..maybe we can meet? Carol

well here goes. carol

well

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHOnqAQ/]

weight.png

[/url]

yippee..thanks Pinenut.. email me at udefrog@hotmail.com

I just recently found out that i have a band erosion. I went to mexico for another fill because for the past several months I just felt something was not right. Well sure enought today dr saw that my band had eroded. I have to have it taken out in 2 weeks and wait 6 months before they will put another one in. I am so sad and depressed about this I just thought maybe there were some bandsters from the seattle are i could meet up with and chat or anyone here that has had the same problem and could tell me what happened to them . anyone I would appreciate if you have had a band erosion and a new band put back in.

Jennifer Pedigo

I am so sorry to hear about your band erosion... it is one of my biggest fears...what do you think caused it?? I am a cash paying patient and can't afford to have slippage or erosion and my surgery is tomorrow...I am gambling fo the first time and its scary...

Seattle Girl,

I had Dr. Michaelson and have been really pleased with my whole NWWLS experience. I have had about 7 fills and a couple unfills...all included in the cost for 13 months after surgery. I have never felt like I have been chastised or anything for my frequent visits. THey are all so friendly and always willing to answer questions or help in any way. I really enjoy their whole staff.

SeattleGirl...

I also had surgery at NWWLS. I feel the same way with all the staff there. They are all completely friendly and professional. I was a self pay also and I felt the same about it being risky with some of the problems that could go wrong. But, sometimes when you gamble...you win. That's how I feel with this band. I could have never lost this much weight on my own. I talked with Dr. Montgomery for quite a while before I decided to do this surgery and afterwards I felt completely at ease.

My advice...talk to your surgeon about your fears after you get the band. The only way you'll get rid of some of those jitters is by letting them roll off your tongue. :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK!!! :party:

Dawn

For the ticker...I just click on it the ticker and it opens the tickerfactory window where you can edit, put in the password and update the ticker. Does a great job of keeping track of weight loss, brings me encouragement when I feel things are dragging.

Pinenut...

Love to see you again at support group, St Joe's is the 3rd Monday at 6:45. I think St Francis is the 2nd Tuesday at 12:00(?), chick the st francis web site to be sure. Laura (St Joes) is having a plastic surgeon in to speak in February...I'm really looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Sue

Hello Ladies and James,

I just read through the past year and I am amazed at what you all have gone through, how my problems with weight are essentially the same as yours, and how supportive of each other you are.

My GP has advised me that I should consider being "Banded". So, I went looking to see what was out there on the subject. It was a bit like drinking from a fire hose. Since I livce in Sequim, I finally narrowed it down to NW WA as the area where I was most likely to find support.

Between an appointment with my sleep clinic (yes, I have severe sleep apnea 25/20) and a physicall therapist fo a torn out rotator cuff, I stopped at a local coffee shop for the usual. As I was sipping my brew, I struck up a conversation with a woman and when I told her I had SA, she informed me that she had had SA but it had gone away after she had LapBand surgery.

She also informed me that she had lost 104 pounds in 11 months. I took one look and could not imagine her 104 pounds heavier. I would guess she weighs about 125 now. I am not a believer in coincidence, so I assumed that my Guardian Angel had arranged the meeting. Regretably, I had to leave in a hurry and neglected to get her name so that I could talk with her some more about her experiences.

I do not know anyone in Sequim (or anywhere else for that matter) who has had LapBand surgery and I am anxious to find someone. Is there anyone out there between Silverdale and Forks who is a Bandster? Are there any LapBand clinics anywhere on the Olympic Peninsula?

Thanks and blessings to you all,

Chuck Howerton

PS: What does PB stand for?

My GP has advised me that I should consider being "Banded". So, I went looking to see what was out there on the subject. It was a bit like drinking from a fire hose. Since I livce in Sequim, I finally narrowed it down to NW WA as the area where I was most likely to find support.

I do not know anyone in Sequim (or anywhere else for that matter) who has had LapBand surgery and I am anxious to find someone. Is there anyone out there between Silverdale and Forks who is a Bandster? Are there any LapBand clinics anywhere on the Olympic Peninsula?

Thanks and blessings to you all,

Chuck Howerton

PS: What does PB stand for?

Good Morning, Chuck!

You've come to the right place for education, support, encouragement, etc. This is a great site. I know there are other "bandsters" in your area. You might also check the Yahoo group, SmartBandsters@Yahoo.com. I know there is a PNW bandster group there, too. There are a lot of emails that come through, so my suggestion, if you decide to sign up, is to check the option for "daily digests", rather than get the individual emails. Also, there is a thread on this site for those of us who are 60+. It's titled "New 60+ Thread".

Something else you might want to consider. Feb 15-17 there is a conference at the Seattle Airport Marriott called "Seattle Splash". I think it is $150 for the whole weekend and it includes a couple of meals. There will be doctors, and other professionsals as well as lots of "bandsters". I live in Everett and if I were home, I would definitely be there. We are "Snowbirds" spending the winter in So CA. Sounds informative and fun. They have a website: 6th Annual Seattle Bandster Bash and Splash

What is PB? Productive Burp... something that's never happened to me and I've been banded 6+ months, but it occurs when you eat too much, too fast, etc. Apparently, not the same as vomiting.. food just kind of pops out. Not fun, they say! Especially in public! But so far I've managed to avoid doing that.

Your screen name... are you a Ham radio guy?? I have my license and a great little Yaesu handheld radio, but rarely use it. I need some coaching in how to use the radio... it's been so long. Last fall my son-in-law programmed all the Seattle area repeaters in it for me, but now I'm in the Palm Springs area. Maybe when we get home, I'll start using it again.

Thanks for the reply Phyl,

I look forward to interacting with the members of the forum as I advance towards my banding experience. Just "listening" to the interactions and mutual support gives me hope. I have saved many of the messages that contained eating suggestions like the various foods from costco.

I do not see how I easily could come to any of the support sessions because of the 2 hour drive to get over to the "real world" across Puget Sound or at least the Hood Canal Bridge. But you never know, after the "event" I could come once in a while just to meet all the nice people who have posted here and elsewhere.

I have read enough to be comfortable with what is involved in getting banded. I already had my gall bladder out laperoscopically (sp?) and never even took an aspirin for discomfort.

As for the KD7JUV, yes, I am a Ham General Class but do not have a radio at the moment. I tried 2m for a while and felt as if I had stepped back to the 1970's and the CB craze. For every repeater there seems to be one guy who dominates the thing so using the hand held for communicating with your friends becomes problematic. I did enjoy DX for a while but then we moved to a "golf course" community where anything as geeky as a ham antenna was strictly forbidden.

Yours,

Chuck Howerton <- aka KD7JUV

Ok Kids!

Here's the 411 on the EXPENSIVE Plastic surgeon in Bellevue (Dr. Marosan). ARGH! First, he thinks I should wait until fall to have any work done in order to let things settle out. OK, maybe. BUT, he wants to do a lower body lift, which means an incision all the way around my body. Then do a boob lift. Total price? $25,300.00 and some change......OMYGOSH! Then he wants me to come back in a couple months after that and have some fat from my back put into my little tiny behind. I have NO idea how much he wants for that!

NOW that we've all picked ourselves off the floor with THOSE kind of crazy prices.......I am thinking I am just going to have good old Dr. Oh do my Tummy Tuck when he thinks I'm ready.....and nothing else. My boobs don't need anything a good bra can't provide. Really! And I sure don't think I need my whole body lifted. So I had a couple babies, so my behind is small and a little lower than a 25 year old's. Who cares. I am happy and healthy. Just have a big old hangy tummy. I think he quoted a price of under $10,000 for everything and he does it at St. Francis, which I feel a whole lot better about than having it done in a Plastic Surgeon's office operating room.

NOW! How about some botox!

Merrillee