Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayer for son afer 4 wheeler wreck

I would like to ask everyone to remember my 18 yr. old son tonight as we were out on all 4 of the 4 wheelers and my son's is a racing Yamaha Raptor 660 Limited Edition and does about 110 miles an hour. He was flying and did a wheelie and lost control and wrecked. He is really tore up. It flipped about 9 times and he skidded on the highway for aobut 30 feet and then it landed on him. We had just got it out of the shop yesterday after spending about 500.00 dollars on it and it looks to be just about totalled.

As long as he'll be alright is all I am concerned about. I just wished everyone would pray for him, he is the baby.

I know I can always count on you guys,

Love you all,

Sherri

P.S.

Before surgery I could trail ride the 4 wheelers about 1 hour and had to quit. I've rode on some really rough trails for about 6 hours non stop today. That's my NSV for this week.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son. I am sure he will be fine.....what did the doc say? broken bones or anything? I have an 18 yr old too...so scary having teens.....can't always shield them from harm.

Keep us posted!!!

Sherri,

My heart and prayers go out to you. I am so sorry you are going through this. keep us updated on how he is doin....

Love Jmo

I sure will, his ankle may be broke and he is totally eat up with road rash. He eat right through his clothes and tore him up. He's about 6'9 and when he called he, we were riding down by the river and he was way in front of us. He was crying and he said, "Mom, tell dad not to be mad butttttttttt

and I knew something was wrong. He's a very very sweet kid, just gets into lots of mischief. He's getting ready to enlist in the army and I'll bo bonkers. He and I are as tight as A Mom and Son can be.

Every since last month when him and my husband pulled up with it in the truck I panicked. I knew it was a racing bike and the biggest one you can get except for the 07 model and I knew it was fast. I have worried every single time he leaves on it.

He can ride a wheelie for a mile without stopping. So after tonight he was crying and said Mom, can we try to fix it, it broke both tie rod ends, broke off back wheelie bar, twisted streering wheel, and one of the wheels is bent all the way in, but he said can we get it fixed and trade it in on one of the 4x4's like yall's. I was like YES WE CAN. Thank God he's going to be okay but he sure is cut up and think is ankle is broke but that can all be fixed.

Thanks you dear friends for your prayers,

Sending my love,

Sherri

Sherri, I first have to say that I'm happy that your son is going to be okay. Thank GOD! I"m so sorry that this has happened to him and I pray he has a quick recovery.

Secondly, lots of hugs to you... it must be so hard to see your child in distress. stay positive and strong, you and your family will get through this. Lots of prayers are being sent your way.

God bless your little boy. Help him heal quickly and completely. Comfort mom as it is never easy to see your child hurting or injured. Thank you Lord for shielding him from anything worse.

We will keep him in our prayers. Did they check him for any internal bleeding? How does he feel today...any fever. I don't mean to sound negative but just some things to watch out for.

Wow... that is sad! We just bought our 13 year old son a quad and I am scared to death. However, since he is learning, he is very slow and careful on it. Plus, I make him wear a helmet. Man, your story makes me concerned though. I hope he is feeling better. It is sweet though that he wants to get back on and ride again. Shows drive and determination.

Wow... that is sad! We just bought our 13 year old son a quad and I am scared to death. However, since he is learning, he is very slow and careful on it. Plus, I make him wear a helmet. Man, your story makes me concerned though. I hope he is feeling better. It is sweet though that he wants to get back on and ride again. Shows drive and determination.

Jenna, I don't want to high jack this thread but i just wanted to say that Sherri's son, i'm led to believe, has a racing quad. If you just have the reg. ole atv, it should fit to your son just fine. i have two quads, both are the rancher es400 and my 12 yr. old rides a 300. She is just fine and handles it pretty good, she's still learning. There are plenty of places that have safety classes. Best of luck, have fun and be safe.

SHERRI- Any updates? How is your son doing today? Hope you're hanging in there.:bananapartyhat:

No one here buys the quads anymore we have had an alarming amount of deaths in the last few years. (a couple a week..ugh it was awful!) Its sad cause they look fun.