Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here! Sleeved On January 10, 2012!

I was sleeved on Tuesday too so it's great to have another person here that is getting started with me.

I agree with the pain being pretty intense the first couple of days but I'm feeling ALOT better. Still sore and tender and only doing half my dose of pain medication but it's definitely better than it was.

I was worried about sleeping arrangements last night when I got home and found out that I was more comfortable in my bed propped up by pillows than i was in my recliner, so I had a great night of NO Interrupted sleep lol

Glad to hear you're doing so well and I hope our journey will be a positive pleasant experience for us :D

Hey! We are definitely in this together, girl! I look forward to seeing your progress! Good luck during recovery!

congrats and welcome to the losers bench! you will do great with your sleeve. the body pillow and recliner are what helped me sleep the 1st week after the surgery. after that i was able to sleep like i used to before the surgery(all over the place) :biggrin: .. this site has everything you need to know about your sleeve,what to eat and drink as well as any issues you may have. i started off at 619lbs and today i weighed in at 372lbs. i absolutely agree with not weighing yourself everyday. it will discourage you but trust me the weight will start dropping off fast with you really not noticing it. im still dealing with the mental part of being a new person. you will still see that same overweight person in the mirror but realistically you are not that person anymore. looking forward to following your journey. keep us updated! CONGRATS AGAIN LOSER!!! JUST FYI(LOSER MEANS YOU ARE A WEIGHT LOSER NOW!)LOL. NOTHING NEGATIVE... :Banane57:

Thanks so much! Your story is very inspiring! One of the ladies who came to draw my blood in the hospital shared her story with me. She had RNY 2 years ago. She weighed 589 on the day of surgery and is now 191! She looked phenomenal! Though we had different operations, I LOVE to see someone with a WLS success surgery. I have a lot to lose. I was 401 on the day of surgery. I haven't mapped out all goals yet but I'd love to lose 200 lbs! I'm up for the challenge. Make room for me on the Loser's Bench!

You bet I will!! :) I did the small goals along the way too, and believe me, it's much easier doing it that way. You're doing right!

Bigdaddy! That is WONDERFUL!! When were you sleeved? I would like to post a pic but have experienced some technical difficulties. I want to start my "Before" album.

Bigdaddy! That is WONDERFUL!! When were you sleeved? I would like to post a pic but have experienced some technical difficulties. I want to start my "Before" album.

2/17/09 was my sleeved date. Thanks!!!

post-55214-13813668959546_thumb.jpg

before an after

post-19886-13813658091046_thumb.png

post-19886-13813658091223_thumb.png

2/17/09 was my sleeved date. Thanks!!!

Awesome! I'm sure you feel like a new person! I'll be looking to you for guidance as I go along.

I was also sleeved om January 10th..I have had somewhat of a rough time...I can't get all of my fluids in but I am definitely focusing on the Water first. I haven

t had pain meds in a few days. But I will say, this has been very hard...I'm definitely still in the "Buyers Remorse" stage and can't wait to get past that. I just want to feel somewhat normal again. I didn't gain any weight in the hospital for some reason (probably because of the fluids)....I feel horrible right about now and was wondering if anyone could give some insight on when this will get better. Thanks everyone and good luck on your journeys!

Fat4now, I'm having a rough time also. My first day home was decent, I only took one dose of pain medicine that evening. But last night I started hurting almost as bad as my day after surgery. Since then I've been taking meds every 6 hours. It's a little better now, but I would like that part to subside. I can deal with the fatigue without the pain. I intended to go back to work on Jan 23, but a lot will have to improve for that to happen.

I'm having difficulty with fluids, also. I've done better today, taking in 24 oz so far. Yesterday, I only got 26 in by bedtime. I know I said I'd stop weighing daily but I did today. I've lost the 8 lbs of Fluid weight that I came home with on Thurs, which made me feel better. Not going to weigh again until next week. I wish I could fast foward 3 weeks. I hope you feel better soon!

Just checking back in.... I only made it one night at home and became dehydrated so I am back in the hospital... Sure hoping things turn around soon... This is very tough... No one really understands why it is difficult to drink so

Much... I hope all of my sleeve sisters are having a better time!!! I still do not have actual pain.... Curvy diva, I hope your pain goes away soon... I'm rooting for you! Good luck everyone!

Just checking back in.... I only made it one night at home and became dehydrated so I am back in the hospital... Sure hoping things turn around soon... This is very tough... No one really understands why it is difficult to drink so

Much... I hope all of my sleeve sisters are having a better time!!! I still do not have actual pain.... Curvy diva, I hope your pain goes away soon... I'm rooting for you! Good luck everyone!

I'm so sorry! Sending hugs your way! I actually went to the ER last night for severe pain on the right side of my stomach. They did a CAT Scan and found a ruptured ovarian cyst on my right ovary. Of all times for this to happen! Doc told me that it would take a few days for this pain to pass. They gave me fluids while I was there so I don't have any dehydration symptoms today. But I'm still not taking much in. I've had very little Protein today. Please update me on how you're doing. I hope we both get better soon!

Welcome...I am new too! I was sleeved on the 11th...sure is a experience afterwards..I hurt very badly in my chest from the gas buildup.

Hi Cathy! I hope you improve also!