Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

Great job. That's incredible. Glad to see you doing so well after a tough beginning. Keep Moving Forward!

Congrats girl. Great job. We both had a ruff start but thank God we overcame.

CONGRATS!!!! i pray for a speedy recovery for you!

That's awesome! Woohoo....I'm finally post op 3 days. Can't wait to be on that losers bench with you. :) keep up the great job.

Great job. That's incredible. Glad to see you doing so well after a tough beginning. Keep Moving Forward!

thank you! :)

Congrats girl. Great job. We both had a ruff start but thank God we overcame.

yes thank god!

another update!

i checked my weight this morning and i am officially in the 150s at 159! i cant believe it. lol. on the bmi calculator online, i have to be 158lbs to be considered "overweight" instead of obese! CRAZY RIGHT???

JaSleeve, Post some new pics!!

i have to take some. my newest ones posted are of me about 165lbs. only 6lb difference

I was talking to my hubby tonight about the way you can forget after the pain is long gone and how my original pain (no biggie for me- much unlike you) is just a distant memory...

so Ja, you think you're getting closer now to not regretting?

i dont "regret" surgery because its a distant memory but i would never do the sleeve again if i had to! i cant imagine going thru that type of sickness again!

I was talking to my hubby tonight about the way you can forget after the pain is long gone and how my original pain (no biggie for me- much unlike you) is just a distant memory...

so Ja, you think you're getting closer now to not regretting?

i dont "regret" surgery because its a distant memory but i would never do the sleeve again if i had to! i cant imagine going thru that type of sickness again!

Jasleeve, what an inspirational story! I haven't been sleeved as yet, but I so emphasized with you! It is great to see that you have overcome your initial obstacles and are doing much better. Please continue to be Blessed and know we are here for you! Thanks for an amazing story sleeve sister!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Scary stuff! I couldn't even read every page!!! Wow, do I feel for how difficult it was for you! Happy you are ok now but man..how long did that take? And you said you would do surgery but not the sleeve...what would you do different? Band?

Jas, so glad to know that you are doing well now.

We were sleeved around the same time and I was fortunate enough to have no complications. I totally understand Jas' point of view though - being close to death is not something anyone wants to go through! I think everyone is informed of the risks, but perhaps don't imagine it will ever happen to them. I am personally suspicious of this 1% complication risk. I have read a few studies etc and my feeling is that the complication rate is higher, probably more like 2-3% - although of course none of that matters when it happens to YOU. As a band to sleeve revision, my risk of leaks and excessive bleeding were probably double that of a "virgin" sleever so you can be sure I soul searched on this.

I sometimes think that people play down the risks of what you are getting into with ANY WLS.

So, for me the take away from any of these type stories is to really really evaluate the risk of surgery versus the risk of no surgery (in my case 300 pounds and gaining). I just lost a sister inlaw to a sudden heart attack in her early 60s due to a lifetime of obesity so it brought that point home for me - there are risks both sides of the equation.

I am very concerned about the low BMI people with no health issues, especially the younger folks taking the risk of this surgery. It is a free country, so I understand that folks have the right to pursue this, but I would wish they would seriously consider the risks and if they are worth it. For some of us, they really really are worth it because the alternative was out of control obesity along with the health issues that go with it;but a serious complication turns your life upside down for months and of course there is a small risk you won't recover from it - although most really do.

aw thank you so much for reading my crazy crazy story! it means a lot. thank you!

Jasleeve, what an inspirational story! I haven't been sleeved as yet, but I so emphasized with you! It is great to see that you have overcome your initial obstacles and are doing much better. Please continue to be Blessed and know we are here for you! Thanks for an amazing story sleeve sister!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

i def agree that the rate must be higher than just 1% but we will never know. sometimes leaks heal on their own and are never found because of no symptoms! crazy stuff

Jas, so glad to know that you are doing well now.

We were sleeved around the same time and I was fortunate enough to have no complications. I totally understand Jas' point of view though - being close to death is not something anyone wants to go through! I think everyone is informed of the risks, but perhaps don't imagine it will ever happen to them. I am personally suspicious of this 1% complication risk. I have read a few studies etc and my feeling is that the complication rate is higher, probably more like 2-3% - although of course none of that matters when it happens to YOU. As a band to sleeve revision, my risk of leaks and excessive bleeding were probably double that of a "virgin" sleever so you can be sure I soul searched on this.

I sometimes think that people play down the risks of what you are getting into with ANY WLS.

So, for me the take away from any of these type stories is to really really evaluate the risk of surgery versus the risk of no surgery (in my case 300 pounds and gaining). I just lost a sister inlaw to a sudden heart attack in her early 60s due to a lifetime of obesity so it brought that point home for me - there are risks both sides of the equation.

I am very concerned about the low BMI people with no health issues, especially the younger folks taking the risk of this surgery. It is a free country, so I understand that folks have the right to pursue this, but I would wish they would seriously consider the risks and if they are worth it. For some of us, they really really are worth it because the alternative was out of control obesity along with the health issues that go with it;but a serious complication turns your life upside down for months and of course there is a small risk you won't recover from it - although most really do.