Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

I am at 19 months and I still lose more hair than I did before surgery. I had very thick hair and I had to cut it off to get a better thicker look. I had hair to my waist, and it got so you could see light through it... aging rock star hair... not a pretty sight. It is growing back, and i have a bunch of short hairs doing their stick out thing all over my head. I started growing out my bangs, and they look pretty lame and thin. I am still hopeing it will get better. If not, its still a pretty good trade off for all the lost fat! I use hennea, and that thickens things up a bit, and use root boost spray before blow drying at the roots for just a minute. A good cut can really make things look better. I am trying to eat more anti oxidents, fresh raw veggies and my omega3s. This was part of what made my hair stay in and not fall out in the first place(I think). Good nutrition.

I am so glad to see you are feeling so much better now, and the sleeve is working like it is supposed too. You look beautiful and happy.

i use hair gro & its helping somewhat. either that or my Protein or the Biotin or biosil. i dont know what it is but my hair line was pushed back dramatically and now its coming in slowly!!! lets pray it keeps coming in!

I am at 19 months and I still lose more hair than I did before surgery. I had very thick hair and I had to cut it off to get a better thicker look. I had hair to my waist, and it got so you could see light through it... aging rock star hair... not a pretty sight. It is growing back, and i have a bunch of short hairs doing their stick out thing all over my head. I started growing out my bangs, and they look pretty lame and thin. I am still hopeing it will get better. If not, its still a pretty good trade off for all the lost fat! I use hennea, and that thickens things up a bit, and use root boost spray before blow drying at the roots for just a minute. A good cut can really make things look better. I am trying to eat more anti oxidents, fresh raw veggies and my omega3s. This was part of what made my hair stay in and not fall out in the first place(I think). Good nutrition.

I am so glad to see you are feeling so much better now, and the sleeve is working like it is supposed too. You look beautiful and happy.

It will stop eventually. Find out if you're anemic. Anemia can cause Hair loss too. I was anemic and I had a hard time getting it to grow back in. The hair loss slowed down, and finally stopped, but it was a long haul.

i was considered slightly anemic but now that im taking more supplements, it has cleared up.

It will stop eventually. Find out if you're anemic. Anemia can cause Hair loss too. I was anemic and I had a hard time getting it to grow back in. The hair loss slowed down, and finally stopped, but it was a long haul.

jasleeve, you are looking just lovely these days. So glad you are doing better!

thank you love! :D

jasleeve, you are looking just lovely these days. So glad you are doing better!

i weighed myself today. i was hoping to have lost more so i could be cloaer to my goal but im thankful the scale moved period!

july 16th, i was 176 & set a goal to lose 21lbs by my birthday. (aug 26th).

today, i weigh 173lbs. im 18lbs away from weighing 155lbs! (my short term goal)

id have to lose 4lbs per week for the next 4.5 weeks to meet my goal. wish me luck!

This thread is what I did tonight. Yes, I live an exciting fun filled life (AND it's Saturday lol).

I feel like I just read a novel. Filled with sadness and despair and hope and ultimately triumph! I cried as you suffered but also as I felt the pain of everyone pulling for you.

I'm so glad to see the happy ending.

Hopefully that was all the pain you will suffer in your life.

Done, finito, nada mas pain!! I don't even know you but--- XOXOX!!!!

awwwwwwww thank you so much!!!!

this makes me feel good knowing other people care enough to read my story! i appreciate ot so much! <3

This thread is what I did tonight. Yes, I live an exciting fun filled life (AND it's Saturday lol).

I feel like I just read a novel. Filled with sadness and despair and hope and ultimately triumph! I cried as you suffered but also as I felt the pain of everyone pulling for you.

I'm so glad to see the happy ending.

Hopefully that was all the pain you will suffer in your life.

Done, finito, nada mas pain!! I don't even know you but--- XOXOX!!!!

wow. i sat here & read all my messages & it was like reliving it all. its funny because as i read, i kinda sugar coated how it made me feel emotionally and what it was doing physically.

i mean yes, i would say "i feel so sick" but i wouldnt have been exaggerating if i wouldve said, "i think im going to die!" thats by far the sickest i have ever been in my life. i told myself that if thats how pregnancy morning sickness feels for 9 months, i will burn my own damn tubes! seriously, it was no joke. i cant stress that enough.

with the stent? i felt better immediately after they took it out. as far as swallowing with no pain, do you mean with the surgery? with the stent in or after stent was removed?

either way, i dont remember how long to answrr lol.

When did u start feeling better and been able to swallow with no.pain

i just wanted to update you guys!

i am now 8months & 11days post op

& im down a total of 109lbs.

went from 273lbs to 164lbs.

:D

Thanks for the update. I always wonder how you're doing with all that you went through, so it's good to know that you are doing good and having success with your sleeve.