Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

Would you do it again?

Would you do it again?

She answered you on page 30

Glad to hear things keep getting better or you! So close to gol

i know i answered u via private message but ill answer publicly for the world to see.

i ABSOLUTELY would NOT do this again if i had to. there are many pros to being sleeved in my book and very little cons BUT the cons by far out weigh the pros.

to have this surgery again and go thru what i went thru or even risk going thru it, no way!

i never felt so sick and so depressed in my life. my mind and my life stopped for the total 4wks with the stent in and the week before the stent was put in. i literally couldnt think! i was so sick and it was so friggin bad. i took pain meds as often as possible so i could sleep and wouldnt deal with the reality of what was happening to me! it got to a point where the pain meds no longer put me to sleep & i would contemplate doubling a dose to knock out but i feared never waking up again, although i wouldnt have minded it at that point! depression was quickly taking over! QUICKLY!!!

ill never forget laying in bed one day feeling so sick and just so depressed and down and i literally started screaming to god as if i needed him to hear me and take me seriously and speaking low or thinking me thoughts werent good enough. i began begging him to heal me! i wanted to ask him to take me with him but i feared he really would. im not a super religious person. it felt like someone else was controlling my mouth & mind because it was super random!

anyway, what i went through was horrible. i was near death. drs used the words fatal too often for my liking. i didnt eat the entire month & i knew i was at the hospital too much when all the nurses knew me and remember me when they see me!

but im blessed now. i feel great. i look great. im down 97lbs in less than 7months. im 11lbs away from my short goal & 26 from my long term goal. the last time i weighed this much, i was 12. ill be 24 in august.

Would you do it again?

thank you! :)

Glad to hear things keep getting better or you! So close to gol

I'm am truly sorry you had gone through this but I thank you for sharing your story. I honestly wish I had seen stories like yours before I had the surgery as it would've made me think twice about it. I'm having some serious problems at four months out that my surgeon refuses to investigate. I finally went to my PCP and he recommended a gastroenterologist whom I am seeing at the end of the month.

I have been utterly miserable since my surgery date. I am constantly having stomach issues (nausea and diarrhea), my depression has gotten so bad that my psychiatrist is concerned, and right now I'm amazed I barely get through the day. Before March, I was a pretty happy, fun-loving person. Now I can barely get out of bed and eating is an incredibly stressful action as I don't know if I'm going to throw up or not. I'm limited to eating soft foods and mushies as they are the only things that are "safe" to eat and to be honest I got sick of them a long time ago. My biggest fear is having the docs finding nothing wrong with me and having to live like this for the rest of my life.

my goodness, im so sorry to hear! im sure the dr will figure something out. god bless u! i pray all goes well. :( im so sorry

I'm am truly sorry you had gone through this but I thank you for sharing your story. I honestly wish I had seen stories like yours before I had the surgery as it would've made me think twice about it. I'm having some serious problems at four months out that my surgeon refuses to investigate. I finally went to my PCP and he recommended a gastroenterologist whom I am seeing at the end of the month.

I have been utterly miserable since my surgery date. I am constantly having stomach issues (nausea and diarrhea), my depression has gotten so bad that my psychiatrist is concerned, and right now I'm amazed I barely get through the day. Before March, I was a pretty happy, fun-loving person. Now I can barely get out of bed and eating is an incredibly stressful action as I don't know if I'm going to throw up or not. I'm limited to eating soft foods and mushies as they are the only things that are "safe" to eat and to be honest I got sick of them a long time ago. My biggest fear is having the docs finding nothing wrong with me and having to live like this for the rest of my life.

I feel at the same time incredibly blessed and guilty. My experience has been just a breeze and without serious incident.

Best of luck and may it come quickly to all who have it otherwise.

thank you :D

I feel at the same time incredibly blessed and guilty. My experience has been just a breeze and without serious incident.

Best of luck and may it come quickly to all who have it otherwise.

BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES HAVE BEEN UPLOADED TO MY GALLERY!!!!

you must add me as a friend to view my pictures.

273 to 176!

97lbs down!

surgery date was dec 20, 2011.

7months out.

jasleeve we were both sleeved on the same day 12/20/11. Over the past 7-months I have watched and commented on your recovery. My heart went out to you when this all happend, but at the same time I had complete fear this would happen to me. Thankfuly it did not. I appreciate the information you've provided to the board because we all need to remember this is surgery, and sometimes it doesn't go as expected.

I pray you continue with your amazing success. This is a journey and we have to decide whether it is the right path for us. I have been fortunate that I've had no complications. I have dealt with the hair loss, but after 2-months it has almost stopped. Keep up the great work and rock your sleeve.

thank you! your hairloss stopped? my goodness, i wish mine would stop! its definitely starting to grow back around my edges but its still falling out in little chunks :(

jasleeve we were both sleeved on the same day 12/20/11. Over the past 7-months I have watched and commented on your recovery. My heart went out to you when this all happend, but at the same time I had complete fear this would happen to me. Thankfuly it did not. I appreciate the information you've provided to the board because we all need to remember this is surgery, and sometimes it doesn't go as expected.

I pray you continue with your amazing success. This is a journey and we have to decide whether it is the right path for us. I have been fortunate that I've had no complications. I have dealt with the hair loss, but after 2-months it has almost stopped. Keep up the great work and rock your sleeve.

As to Hair loss. Avead makes a product called Invati. It's about $25 for Shampoo and conditioner. This product is specifically for hair loss. I will admit the first few times I used the shampoo I lost more hair then i had ever lost in my life...yes, in small chunks. What I've found was it helped to remove the hair that was going to fall out either way. The conditioner added the volume which many "claim" to do but never do. I suggest trying it. But remember the 1st few uses will freak you out! LOL

that's $25 for each bottle.

oh nooo! i dont know if i can risk losing anymore hair! :( i use this garlic Shampoo & conditioner & its for excessive hairloss. i also use the grease. i hope it stops. maybe after my birthday, ill try it. i just need hair for my bday atleast :(

As to Hair loss. Avead makes a product called Invati. It's about $25 for shampoo and conditioner. This product is specifically for hair loss. I will admit the first few times I used the shampoo I lost more hair then i had ever lost in my life...yes, in small chunks. What I've found was it helped to remove the hair that was going to fall out either way. The conditioner added the volume which many "claim" to do but never do. I suggest trying it. But remember the 1st few uses will freak you out! LOL