Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something "crunchy" To Snack On...

I like the Melissa's brand better then the Dynasty. YUM! Love these won ton cupcakes. Had cheeseburger ones last week for lunch, and started on the patty melt ones Saturday and Sunday, and finishing up lasagna ones today!! This girl doesn't need or want bread anymore!

Much easier to buy wonton wrappers already made.

I was going to buy wanton wrappers today, and they are high in carbs. That is the one thing they said to me after this, and the slow weight loss, is that there are too many carbs. So if everyone is eating wontons, how are they making it, and isn't it not healthy? Just wondering, if they work and you still can lose weight I'm all for it...I had them in my hands, but didn't do it!!

I was going to buy wanton wrappers today' date=' and they are high in carbs. That is the one thing they said to me after this, and the slow weight loss, is that there are too many carbs. So if everyone is eating wontons, how are they making it, and isn't it not healthy? Just wondering, if they work and you still can lose weight I'm all for it...I had them in my hands, but didn't do it!![/quote']

Totally depends on your nutritional approach. I follow a low carb, but not no carb, diet. Consistently below 30g per day. More specifically, about 60% calories from Protein, 20% from fats, and 20% from carbs. Usually my target.

One wrapper has under 4g of carbs. The way I use them I can't eat more than one, and I plan my meals. Which means if I have one at lunch, I will not likely have one at dinner. But it all depends on your approach and how you're making that work for you. Beware of slider foods, but don't be afraid of food either...be conscious of what you're eating and how it's balanced throughout the day.

I'm only nine weeks out. 42 lbs down. But everyone is absolutely different.

Totally depends on your nutritional approach. I follow a low carb' date=' but not no carb, diet. Consistently below 30g per day. More specifically, about 60% calories from Protein, 20% from fats, and 20% from carbs. Usually my target.

One wrapper has under 4g of carbs. The way I use them I can't eat more than one, and I plan my meals. Which means if I have one at lunch, I will not likely have one at dinner. But it all depends on your approach and how you're making that work for you. Beware of slider foods, but don't be afraid of food either...be conscious of what you're eating and how it's balanced throughout the day.

I'm only nine weeks out. 42 lbs down. But everyone is absolutely different.[/quote']

Well, I'm only 22 down and 5 wks out today. I have got to get back on track here. I'm so burnt out on food, and nothing taste good. I did eat some sweet potato chips today. I'm feeling so guilty. How did you make your wontons? My Protein level was low when they did my blood, so I need to up that. Its hard getting it all right.

I was going to buy wanton wrappers today, and they are high in carbs. That is the one thing they said to me after this, and the slow weight loss, is that there are too many carbs. So if everyone is eating wontons, how are they making it, and isn't it not healthy? Just wondering, if they work and you still can lose weight I'm all for it...I had them in my hands, but didn't do it!!

Won ton wrappers are not high in carbs, compared to bread and Pasta which they replace iin these cupcakes. Bread and Pasta fill you up too much anyway since they swell. The package I have says about 3 g per won ton. You can make the won ton cupcakes with just one, you don't need to use two. You need to have some carbs, but have these instead of having bread or pasta. Compare them to a slice of bread, which I don't even want anymore. Don't even remember when i had bread last. These are the perfect low carb thing to replace that and still not making you overstuffed. derpending on how you plan your meals you will be fine. I still stay less than 25g of carbs per day even when eating these.

For a "chips & salsa" treat, I take a mission whole wheat low carb tortilla (3 net carbs & 9 gram protein), cut it into at least 8 pieces. Spray it with some pam and sprinkle a little salt on. Bake it @ 450 on my pizza stone for about 13 minutes. they aren't the same texture as a corn tortilla but they certainly do hit the spot on a Friday or Saturday night when you want something to snack on in front of a movie.

You could even sprinkle a little cheese on it after they were baked for "nachos".

For a "chips & salsa" treat' date=' I take a mission whole wheat low carb tortilla (3 net carbs & 9 gram protein), cut it into at least 8 pieces. Spray it with some pam and sprinkle a little salt on. Bake it @ 450 on my pizza stone for about 13 minutes. they aren't the same texture as a corn tortilla but they certainly do hit the spot on a Friday or Saturday night when you want something to snack on in front of a movie.

You could even sprinkle a little cheese on it after they were baked for "nachos".[/quote']

Yum! I have to try this.

Has anyone tried to make wonton wrappers out of anything other than white flour?

Rice flour is the traditional ingredient.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Can I have soya crisps 4 weeks out? Struggling to eat today and that sounds dry and good. Surgeon has left little restriction except raw veggies.

I would think so. When you chew them up, they disintegrate into nothing.

i dip my Pork rinds in homemade onion dip or salsa...

Onion Dip: 1C non-favored Greek yogurt ((or more depending on the strength of dip you want))... 1package dry onion Soup mix...

((i also dip red, yellow or orange bell peppers in the onion dip))

love love love American cheese cut into 16 pieces and microwave 60 seconds.. as mentioned previously ... ((also used smoked cheddar))

I have tried to eat Pork rinds, but no matter what, I just cannot stand the taste of them. I wish I did like them, they seem to have a lot of Protein.

I am with you Susan. The thought of them make me gag. It's what they're made of that grosses me out.

The texture, the smell, everything is completely unappealing to me.