Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

Thanks. I am doing better as day goes on but need to do more walking -- hallways in my house are not as long as in hospital and I don't feel up to going outside. Guess I'll walk in circles or very slowly on my treadmill.

I am just starting the adventure. I petitioned the CEO of my company to include this lifesaving program in our benefits. They added it, so next month I will be meeting with our local program. I am 5' 1.5" and 57 years old. Happy to see some folks in my age bracket. I want to lose 80 pounds. I think the Sleeve is going to be my best option. Best to everyone!

HealthyJudy walking post op is important. It will prevent DVT, pneumonia and will help you feel better faster. Keep moving as much as you can. I have had seven abdominal surgeries. It will get better the more you move.

Thanks KensingtonWalk -- I just got up for a nap. After checking email I am going to go outside for a brief stroll. Congratulations on getting your company to include this in benefits. I wish you the best!

There is a Kensington near me but probably not same one.

No - east coast but further down near DC. Too bad, would have been fun to meet in person.

Ah, Maryland. Our daughter lives in Fairfax VA. Used to be in Falls Church. They are moving to Reston in a couple of weeks. Best wishes on your recovery. Keep moving! You'll get there!

You too. Going on treadmill again today -- yesterday only did 1/4 mile but today my goal is to do that several times during the day ...gotta get this gas and Fluid out of me!

I was sleeved on Friday (6/12), and nausea was so bad I too felt I'd made a mistake, but sing so much better now. I'm back home now, and so, so glad I am!! My sister is an RN and is here to take care of me. I feel so much better, just soreness, and very mild nausea once in a while, Thank you Jesus!!

Will they give you something for the nausea? How long does that generally last? So I am making my goal 135 pounds. And I am 5' 1.5". Is that a realistic goal? Has anyone had difficulties achieving their goals?

Kensington Walk - That sounds like a great goal. I'm just slightly taller and my goal is 140 (although I will be so happy if I get to 160. Anything below that is, dare I say, icing on the cake!)

Had my first postsurgery follow up appointment today and all is well. I did decide to take an additional week off of work rather than push to get back after just one week. My job is sedentary but I need to be alert and focused and just did not think I would be up to it by Wednesday when I initially said I would be back. I'm dropping by the office for 15 minutes to pick up some paperwork that I can do at home and that is it. Feeling proud of myself for being self nurturing and taking it slow.

Very good! It is a learning opportunity to be kind to oneself. How many weeks then, three? Trying to decide. After I had my lap chole I went back after a week and it was too soon. My job is sedentary as well. I work from home.

@@KensingtonWalk They will give you nausea meds in the hospital and for at home use. The nausea for me did not last past the third day, but it is probably different for different folks! It will pass and it is definitely worth dealing with the nausea!!

Two weeks total out of the office although I'll do paperwork and online things at home. I'm thinking of taking a required continuing education class online. I never seem to have time to do it when I'm working so this seems like a great opportunity and it will keep me from doing more physical things around the house. . Sitting at my home computer is actually the most comfortable place for me to be right now. But no in office work or appointments for 2 weeks.

What is a lap chole?

Have you been walking? I'm taking it very slow on the treadmill. If i do above 1.7 miles an hour or do more than 1/4 mile at a time my stomach hurts so I'm limiting myself to 1/4 mile and trying to build up to doing that 4x a day.