Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

As someone that cried when this happened to me here is my advice. If you have sleep apnea go on a cpap machine ASAP. My surgery is now delayed for three weeks for me to go on one. I have told people from day one I have sleep apnea. I get to my final appointment at hospital for surgery and get told I have to wait. I understand their reasoning because I do have bad sleep apnea but I wish I didn't have to wait. Plus it's really hard to get off at my job and have to tell them it was moved plus all my friends and family.

I'm having my evaluation and stuff in about a week- I don't have a surgery dat set up other than after July 30th. Glad I have that set up-

Hang in there !! It's all about your story and determination- it will work out- sorry it's a stressor right now!

I found out I have sleep apnea and was still able to have the surgery. I am sorry to hear that yours has to be delayed. I was sleeved 3/26 and didn't get my cpap machine till last week. It takes a little getting use to it. My pressure is set at 11, and if it weren't for the ramp feature I don't know how I would do it. The ramp starts the pressure at 7 and slowly goes up to 11. I am hoping after more weight comes off I can redo the sleep study and not need it.

Hey again! Tomorrow is exactly week 4, How is everyone doing with food intake at this point? I can do soft veggies and saltines lol. Are there any other suggestions? Also I'm having heartburn issues, the prilosec seems to help but does anyone else have a more natural way of dealing with it?

Baking soda helps. Not the greatest taste of course, but more natural than medications. There's a natural or organic baking soda (forgot the name), just mix with some Water.< /p>

My pressure was 19 and had been using the bipap for several years but wasn't falling asleep driving! Did the home oxygen test after I lost over 100 pounds, but still need it as my oxygen goes too low!!

My pressure was 19 and had been using the bipap for several years but wasn't falling asleep driving! Did the home oxygen test after I lost over 100 pounds, but still need it as my oxygen goes too low!!

also, I am 5feet 1 3/4 inches now.

I am so worried I won't get approved my bmi is 40.4 but I had one weigh in that was at 39.9 hope it don't count I also have no comorbidities... But as I stand at 4'8 says the nurse who took my height my 184 is pretty heavy for me although everyone says no you don't need that...well I always say you don't live in this skin and you don't knw how I feel in this body that I'm ready to shed a few pounds off of...I say to each his or her own and mind ur own business!!!! I'm the equivalent height of a 3rd-5th grader...and 184 ain't cute on this frame...my 11 yr old is taller than I am...yes my kids pick on me terribly but it's ok...sorry rambling...just wanted to share a little about this Black Beauty Waiting...;-)

I'm starting my 3rd month

Surgery date 2/24/14

Height 5'1 SW: 215 BMI:40

CW:179 (but it goes up an down from 181 to 179)

First month I dropped 30+lbs like it was melting off of me! What a feeling. All during my second month I struggled to lose weight. I'm doing all sorts of cool interval & strength training exercising. I'm journaling and staying with all my cals, carbs, protein... Love it but I really want to see the pay off on the scale or in my clothes. I guess it's slower than I thought. My doctor and my support team at the weight loss center say I'm doing everything ok. So why is it so slow. Will it be a struggle forever. Everyone says it will just start coming off again...is that true?

I'm hopeful for this month...maybe I'll lose the 1 to 2 lbs they said I would when I invested my life savings into this procedure, food, gym, training, etc! Just venting...thanks for listening

So happy to have found this forum for us shorties ;)

I'm starting my 3rd month Surgery date 2/24/14 Height 5'1 SW: 215 BMI:40 CW:179 (but it goes up an down from 181 to 179) First month I dropped 30+lbs like it was melting off of me! What a feeling. All during my second month I struggled to lose weight. I'm doing all sorts of cool interval & strength training exercising. I'm journaling and staying with all my cals, carbs, protein... Love it but I really want to see the pay off on the scale or in my clothes. I guess it's slower than I thought. My doctor and my support team at the weight loss center say I'm doing everything ok. So why is it so slow. Will it be a struggle forever. Everyone says it will just start coming off again...is that true? I'm hopeful for this month...maybe I'll lose the 1 to 2 lbs they said I would when I invested my life savings into this procedure, food, gym, training, etc! Just venting...thanks for listening So happy to have found this forum for us shorties ;)

Edited by Healthybran79

I'm starting my 3rd month Surgery date 2/24/14 Height 5'1 SW: 215 BMI:40 CW:179 (but it goes up an down from 181 to 179) First month I dropped 30+lbs like it was melting off of me! What a feeling. All during my second month I struggled to lose weight. I'm doing all sorts of cool interval & strength training exercising. I'm journaling and staying with all my cals, carbs, protein... Love it but I really want to see the pay off on the scale or in my clothes. I guess it's slower than I thought. My doctor and my support team at the weight loss center say I'm doing everything ok. So why is it so slow. Will it be a struggle forever. Everyone says it will just start coming off again...is that true? I'm hopeful for this month...maybe I'll lose the 1 to 2 lbs they said I would when I invested my life savings into this procedure, food, gym, training, etc! Just venting...thanks for listening So happy to have found this forum for us shorties ;)

It's only been 3 months. Your doing great! You will have times when things slow down. Just stay the course and you will see results. It's not magic. It requires work. Even when your where you want to be..... You will have to work to stay there.

Hello every one!!!! Just checking in and updating my status. I've gained 10 pounds!!!!! Yuck!!! I've gotten lazy and eating crap!!! There I said it. Now that my pity party is over.... I have got to get to work and back to basics and drop these 10 pounds before it gets worse. It never gets easier. Even though you drop the weight you will always be working on it.

Please check in with me because I need motivation and accountability.

Hello every one!!!! Just checking in and updating my status. I've gained 10 pounds!!!!! Yuck!!! I've gotten lazy and eating crap!!! There I said it. Now that my pity party is over.... I have got to get to work and back to basics and drop these 10 pounds before it gets worse. It never gets easier. Even though you drop the weight you will always be working on it. Please check in with me because I need motivation and accountability.

I'm having those same issues. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks but I can imagine I've gained due to what I've been eating. Crap!!! I need to get back on track!

Hi everyone,

Well I'm 4'9" and currently weighing 190. I've struggled with my weight since having my son at 16. In 2013, I had a TT done after losing some weight but have gained it all back and then some over the last two years. I've started the process to go through my insurance but am also researching going out of the country. I really nervous to get denied and to continue gaining. I have my consult Friday, 4/10, to see if the insurance company will even consider me.

Edited by shortybg2

Hi, everyone... Not sure if this is still active but I'm 5'1" (& 3/4)! CW 227, HW 245+, I'm scheduled for June 12! @shortybug My insurance process is crazy long and my Dr said probably still wouldn't approve since I don't have diabetes, high bp or some other co-morbidity. Aaarrggghh, so I'm going to have my surgery in Tijuana with a great surgeon Dr Maytorena (with "long term vsg") on June 12. Hoping you've gotten good news by now that you have been approved!