Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

It's quiet here. How is everyone doing?

I'm trying to find a good maintenance calorie count. I tried to add a few more calories to my diet so I wouldn't loose anymore weight. What happened.... I gained two pounds... Yuck!!

I normally eat around 800-900 cals a day. So I upped to 1000-1100. Well, I guess that didn't work. You would think that a healthy calorie range for me would be between 1200-1400.

Has anyone found a happy spot?

I'm at a stall again but I took some after pics in the same outfit from 7 weeks ago and well just because the scale doesn't say so I can tell in these pictures! Love my sleeve! <3

post-54606-13813667596939_thumb.jpg

5'1" here :) op was on 5/21/13

i have lost about 33 pounds since DOS.

I have had to up my calories to 1100 to maintain (my wedding is Saturday and I couldn't get my dress altered 1000 times- so with my doctors approval I went into maintenance briefly). I've still lost a couple pounds but it has been very sporadic. (160-158).

I'm 4'11 and weighed 158 this morning. Wearing a medium and size 10.

post-44833-13813667597778_thumb.jpg

I'm at a stall again but I took some after pics in the same outfit from 7 weeks ago and well just because the scale doesn't say so I can tell in these pictures! Love my sleeve! <3

Congrats on the big changes! Look how defined your waist is now. You look great. I can't wait to get my sleeve.

I have had to up my calories to 1100 to maintain (my wedding is Saturday and I couldn't get my dress altered 1000 times- so with my doctors approval I went into maintenance briefly). I've still lost a couple pounds but it has been very sporadic. (160-158).

I could go for 158!! You look great! I'm 4'11 too! I can't wait to get my sleeve:)

Yay congrats

I could go for 158!! You look great! I'm 4'11 too! I can't wait to get my sleeve:)

Here is a crazy pic I took today while digging through an old box- I came across a skirt that was too tight for me to wear to a wedding reception last year.

post-44833-13813667602816_thumb.jpg

It's quiet here. How is everyone doing?

I'm trying to find a good maintenance calorie count. I tried to add a few more calories to my diet so I wouldn't loose anymore weight. What happened.... I gained two pounds... Yuck!!

I normally eat around 800-900 cals a day. So I upped to 1000-1100. Well' date=' I guess that didn't work. You would think that a healthy calorie range for me would be between 1200-1400.

Has anyone found a happy spot?[/quote']

You are at goal already ?That is awesome!

I'm 5'0", my highest weight was 272. My weight this morning was 200.2. I'm scheduled for surgery on August 1st. After losing and regaining over 100 pounds 3 separate times, I knew I just couldn't do it again. I'm tired of riding this roller coaster. I'm hoping the sleeve will finally put an end to my binge and volume eating. I'm 60 years old so I'm afraid it's going to be a slow process, but I've been fighting this battle for 55 years. I've never eaten like a "normal" person. My whole life I've either been on a diet or bingeing. The support on this site is amazing. I know I'm gonna make it.

I'm 5'0"' date=' my highest weight was 272. My weight this morning was 200.2. I'm scheduled for surgery on August 1st. After losing and regaining over 100 pounds 3 separate times, I knew I just couldn't do it again. I'm tired of riding this roller coaster. I'm hoping the sleeve will finally put an end to my binge and volume eating. I'm 60 years old so I'm afraid it's going to be a slow process, but I've been fighting this battle for 55 years. I've never eaten like a "normal" person. My whole life I've either been on a diet or bingeing. The support on this site is amazing. I know I'm gonna make it.[/quote']

I'm 5'1 & my highest was 296 !! Today is my surgery & I got on the scale & I'm 250 :) ... I've also lost 100 lbs 2 diff times I'm like a roller coaster of dieting or binging ...I'm 40yrs old but I've seen a lot of 60 yr olds on here that see doing great :) ... Good luck to you on aug 1st :)

Hey fellow shorties! I'm gonna post a question that's probably OT but you're the ones that would know best!

I'm having trouble shopping for pants. I am short (5'1" and some change) with a super short inseam (29" for heels) and a longer torso.

What is UP with the rise on pants and jeans nowadays? Seriously - if I buy petite/short/x-short pants I find they have this teeny rise and while I'm not too concerned about muffin top, it's just not flattering AT ALL. I feel like everything gives me a mommy pooch.

Anyway, any recommends for great brands that fit short gals? I can alter things and I've had to do that in the past (even for short inseams I usually have to hem) but the cost of that adds up over time.

Just wondering what you guys do. I love that I can wear smaller pants but for goodness' sake I want them to be flattering. It means diddly-squat to wear small clothes if they don't look right!

So maybe a brand that makes higher rises without looking like something fresh out of the eighties? No tiny Jordache pockets, acid wash or pegged pants, thank you. I don't care if my fifteen year old stepdaughter thinks it's cool...I know better. :)

~Cheri

Hey fellow shorties! I'm gonna post a question that's probably OT but you're the ones that would know best!

I'm having trouble shopping for pants. I am short (5'1" and some change) with a super short inseam (29" for heels) and a longer torso.

What is UP with the rise on pants and jeans nowadays? Seriously - if I buy petite/short/x-short pants I find they have this teeny rise and while I'm not too concerned about muffin top' date=' it's just not flattering AT ALL. I feel like everything gives me a mommy pooch.

Anyway, any recommends for great brands that fit short gals? I can alter things and I've had to do that in the past (even for short inseams I usually have to hem) but the cost of that adds up over time.

Just wondering what you guys do. I love that I can wear smaller pants but for goodness' sake I want them to be flattering. It means diddly-squat to wear small clothes if they don't look right!

So maybe a brand that makes higher rises without looking like something fresh out of the eighties? No tiny Jordache pockets, acid wash or pegged pants, thank you. I don't care if my fifteen year old stepdaughter thinks it's cool...I know better. :)

~Cheri[/quote']

Cheri,

Have you tried Hudson jeans?As far as rise I like these best and they make petite sizes...The only thing I don't like is their price tag lol but you can order them online at Nordstrom. I am 5'2 and usually wear a 30" inseam.I love Silver brand jeans and they are more reasonable I just watch to make sure I am buying midrise and most are available in a 29" inseam.I also buy GAP jeans in petite when I am being conscious of my budget my favorite GAP are the Long and Lean in Petite sizes some GAP jeans look too "Mom jeanish".I still buy non petite jeans and have them hemmed if I love them like Miss Me Jeans and Big Star (I think they make short length but they are hard to find) I buy a lot of jeans hope this is helpful :)

I am 5' sleeved June 10th almost five weeks lose 22 pounds including pre-op diet

What is UP with the rise on pants and jeans nowadays? Seriously - if I buy petite/short/x-short pants I find they have this teeny rise and while I'm not too concerned about muffin top' date=' it's just not flattering AT ALL. I feel like everything gives me a mommy pooch.

~Cheri[/quote']

I've been ordering from Eddie Bauer catalogue. They have jeans for different shapes and also petites, plus, & plus petites.