Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

I was sleeved on June 28. So I'm out about 12 days. My first day was very very bad. I'm allergic to a lot of medications some of those are the ones they give you for vomiting. I vomited most all of the first day but slowly it got better. I was in the hospital for 2 days. I started walking in the hospital and have not stopped. I try to walk 1/2 to 1 mile every day. No matter what. I have not found a Protein drink that i tolerate. I have tried a lot. I do my best to get Protein in with other foods. For the most part i do well with fluids. It is most definitely a change. I'm very happy that i had the surgery. When it got close to my surgery date I got very nervous but I'm glad i went ahead. I can see my future. A much more healthy and active future. As of now i have lost about 26 lbs. I hope everyone is doing well. Here is to the new and healthier us.

Amgood- glad your feeling better. How do you do with milk? It's less protein than the powders or premade shakes but still has a good amount of protein.

Also, don't know if you are a coffee drinker but the only way I can tolerate my Protein powder is I mix it (chocolate flavor) in my coffee. It cuts down on the sweet taste. I love it and I gives me 30 grams of protein.

I am 5'1 had surgery on April 10th. Dos was 187 (low bmi about a 36) as of today I am 157 that's 30lbs off. My goal is 130 for now then will get to 120 by the end of the year if possible.

Your doing great!!

Im 5ft 1inch Im still pre op but cant wait to get my date I have a NUT class the 17th everything else has been completed so after that everything will be submitted to insurance hoping for late Aug or Sept...

This thread has been really quiet lately. I'm 2 weeks out and have lost 6 pounds so far. A little discouraged when I see all of the big numbers on here but I know it will come in time. Hope everyone is doing well <3

Dawn- your doing great!!! It takes time and lots of patience. There will be times when you will loose quickly and other times when weeks go by and nothing happens :((

Just stay positive and stick with the program and before you know it....... A new you will appear!!!!

I just got my date' date=' July 23. I have lost 27lbs so far, hoping to lose 40 before my date. Looking to lose a total of 130, so only 103 to go, LOL. Being 5'2 with big boobs I fear no matter what I will always look heavy.[/quote']

Sooooo not true. I was in your shoes 9 months ago. I've always been too heavy. Well, I'm here to tell you the boobs are one of the first things to go!!! Lol!!!

I used to be a 40-42 DD

Now 34 c

Sooooo not true. I was in your shoes 9 months ago. I've always been too heavy. Well' date=' I'm here to tell you the boobs are one of the first things to go!!! Lol!!!

I used to be a 40-42 DD

Now 34 c[/quote']

Mine too I was a 38 F and now I am barely a 36 DD (mostly skin I swear) and they keep going down as I am losing....I hope it stops soon lol or I will be making a visit to the plastic surgeon :)

I was a 38G/H I'm a 36F now. I've lost 85lbs as of this morning and I think my boobs make it harder and easier at the same time to see the losses. I also have huge hips. I'm wearing a medium/large top and a 10 bottoms.

post-44833-13813666507845_thumb.jpg

I'm 5'2 and started at 274 pounds. My stomach was the biggest thing on my body. HUGE. and I'm two months out down 57 pounds.

I'm at a stall. I have been the same weight for about 10 days now. So still 14 pounds down since 5/22. I guess it will move when it's ready!

Your doing great!!

Thanks!!! I still have a long ways to go.

I hope so. I'm not discouraged just frustrated. I have such a hard time getting anymore than 40-50 grams of Protein in a day. I love Water now so that's not a problem but protein shakes! Yuck!!

I hope so. I'm not discouraged just frustrated. I have such a hard time getting anymore than 40-50 grams of Protein in a day. I love Water now so that's not a problem but Protein shakes! Yuck!!

Have you tried Plain Greek yogurt? One cup has 23 grams of protein.