Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Congrats Coops! Love the dress and that you resisted the late night snack. That's still so hard!

Lynda

What a cute dress!! Looks fab on you! I'm approximately the same color as your dress, so I'm jealous of the nice tan too. :-)

I know I already told you this Coops, but you look amazing in the dress. So glad you had such a good time, and love that you had a nice day "after" your pub romp lazing in the garden in your swimsuit!

Thank you ladies... I appreciate the kind words - oscillating between feeling very fat and ok just lately, so positive feedback is lovely to hear! I think I'm hormonal....lol! Which is a weird feeling and one that I'm not used to now!

It has been soooo hot and humid this weekend, I am puffed up like a good 'un and uncomfortable with it! Still, shouldn't complain cos we normally see a lot of rain here!

Fast day for me tomo = bring it ON!

Does anyone know about 'set point' for weight - apparently there is a weight that the body is comfy with and can maintain with relative ease... I think I am at that point cos I've been here - give or take my bounce range - for well over 20mths.

I need to break it before I scream!!!

Thank you ladies... I appreciate the kind words - oscillating between feeling very fat and ok just lately' date=' so positive feedback is lovely to hear! I think I'm hormonal....lol! Which is a weird feeling and one that I'm not used to now!

It has been soooo hot and humid this weekend, I am puffed up like a good 'un and uncomfortable with it! Still, shouldn't complain cos we normally see a lot of rain here!

Fast day for me tomo = bring it ON!

Does anyone know about 'set point' for weight - apparently there is a weight that the body is comfy with and can maintain with relative ease... I think I am at that point cos I've been here - give or take my bounce range - for well over 20mths.

I need to break it before I scream!!![/quote']

http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/guide/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight

VERY INTERESTING. I KNOW MY BODY HAD A SET POINT. I FEEL I DIDN'T HOLD MY NEW ONE LONG ENOUGH TO LET MY BODY ADJUST.

from the webmd article.

Losing 10% of your body weight, and keeping it off for six months to a year, helps your body reset your set point, notes George Blackburn, MD, in his book, Break Through Your Set Point: How to Finally Lose the Weight You Want and Keep It Off. When you lose large amounts of weight at once, you set up an internal struggle and hormones spike to make you hungrier as your body tries to defend its comfortable range, Wadden explains.That's why experts recommend losing 10% by changing your eating and exercise habits, and then maintaining your new weight for a few months before trying to lose more. Your body will get the signal to lower its "set point," and you'll get used to new food choices, smaller portions, and regular exercise.

Blatner says she has seen people who lose 10% of their weight "start to realize how a little weight loss impacts their health in very positive ways... They feel better, sleep better, have more energy or less joint pain, and some people are able to reduce medications."

Based on your current weight, eat about 10 calories per pound of nutritious food (low in fat, rich in lean Protein, high in fiber), get regular exercise, and assess your weight after a month or so.

"Your weight will settle out and typically you will lose 10%, then hit a plateau, which is a good time to maintain the weight loss," Wadden says.

As you get to a healthy weight, you can go up to 12 calories per pound.

12 calories per pound? I'm already ahead of that one LOL. Maybe 5:2 isn't enough... ;)

Here's a pic of me and the YaYas from this weekend. And that's about as hard as it got from Friday til Sunday! LOL

post-2638-13813667766112_thumb.jpg

post-2638-13813667766774_thumb.jpg

Georgia, you look simply radiant! Such a slight frame and sooo pretty! Loves it! x

OK... I've just checked back and I started the 5 : 2 around the 10 June so just about 5 weeks and I have lost 4lbs... there has been a lot of bouncing around and I can't seem to get under 164lb - hence my question about the set point.

Now, back in March after my TT I saw 159 - albeit for just a day or so, but it was there... my big question is, why am I stuck at 164 again? Is it just the same old story, whereby I just gotta keep on keeping on?

I'm not going to stop the 5:2 plan cos I really do like the way it makes me feel. Today was a fast day and I went to Curves, did my best work out to date and didn't feel shaky or any negative effects and all I had eaten was 2 chicken legs and a salad! Such a good feeling...

I'm gonna re post this in the 5:2 thread too... any ideas anyone? Much love!

scratch that... I can't reply to the 5:2 thread... anyone know why? *weeps silently*

Georgia' date=' you look simply radiant! Such a slight frame and sooo pretty! Loves it! x[/quote']

Thanks you, Coops!!!

Here's a pic of me and the YaYas from this weekend. And that's about as hard as it got from Friday til Sunday! LOL

Fun! I want a girls weekend! Oh!! and I also want to look as small as you :D