Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

U. A. state of Arkansas!!

BTW, 4:23 PM

BTW' date=' 4:23 PM[/quote']

Nannie on the fast days are you filling the recipes in the book or just doing you own?

I'm just doing my own taking ideas from book. I usually do oatmeal in morning with a strong cheese snack a couple hrs later. I don't eat til around 10 to 10:30 on fast day. Then I eat around 6:30 to 7. chicken tenderloin with green Beans and fresh veggies like bell pepper, cucumbers etc. and some strawberries or cantaloupe. One day I had an apple as snack. Also light babybel cheese or 2-3 slices of turkey thin slices. I also bought a food scale to make sure of portions so that I wouldn't go over the 500 but have only used once so far. ????

That's string cheese although if you like strong cheese! ????

Can I join u for a fast on Tuesday ? I need to get myself back in check right now. :)

Welcome, Ms Skinniness!

Can I join u for a fast on Tuesday ? I need to get myself back in check right now. :)

Ms skinniness, how can we keep this fun to ourselves!!!

Tuesday we are on! :D

I did my first fasting day yesterday - a Quest bar, a small chicken breast, coffee, cucumbers .....

..... and a butterfinger. :( I hate butterfingers, but I was so depressed at the end of the day, having only eaten 430 calories ....

So, today I am going to eat at my TDEE/IIFYM target (1545) or as close as I can get, and tomorrow I will attempt to adhere to 430.

FeedYourEye, IIFYM ...

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

I did my first fasting day yesterday - a Quest bar, a small chicken breast, coffee, cucumbers .....

..... and a butterfinger. :( I hate butterfingers, but I was so depressed at the end of the day, having only eaten 430 calories ....

So, today I am going to eat at my TDEE/IIFYM target (1545) or as close as I can get, and tomorrow I will attempt to adhere to 430.

Hey GT -- why not just do 500 cals? That's what the plan calls for anyhow.

I got all excited to get it going so I'm already fasting today instead of Tuesday, which was my original plan. LOL...I lack excitement in my life obviously...

Because that is not what the plan calls for, if you read it they say a quarter of your daily caloric need, which they factor at 2000 cals. But, for me/my body/sleeve, using the calculators at my disposal, I actually need a little less than 1600 cals a day. So, a quarter of that ...

Tuesday and Thursday sounds good I am not technically stalled but I would like to boost my loss still :)

Did you watch the video, Globe? He specifically said 500 for women and 600 men. Works for me and I eat nowhere near that amount of calories per day normally ( unless I have fallen off the wagon and ate junk food all day!). I read the book too but guess I missed the formula. :)

Got to tell you, for me, it's making me REALLY more conscious of choices and portions. I weighed this morning after 3 normal days and I have lost another 2 pounds! It's so weird. BUT I am exercising somewhat more (30 mins or so)and completely cut out junk except for PB filled pretzels and SF angel food cake! But it's all PORTIONED. I know it's the first week and it will all change but it has sure lifted my spirits and willpower to get moving again! Happy Monday (or whatever) to all! Good luck!

Nanny that sounds fantastic! I really hope it works for me too. Will do fasting on Tuesday and Thursday for sure. Can't wait to hear more. :)

Well, first fast day done! It was much easier than I expected actually. I had a coffee with milk (~50 cals) for Breakfast, then ate two hardcooked eggs (~150 cals) at around 2pm-ish, then came home from work and had 100g of chicken (~110 cals), a Fage Total yogurt (~170 cals) and some raw cauliflower (~5 cals). So a total of just under/around 500 cals! I was super stuffed after dinner too LOL. I was starting to get that trapped/obsessed feeling about monitoring every calorie that went in my mouth and then I remembered that it was just temporary and tomorrow I can eat totally as I usually do. FIXED ME RIGHT UP. :D Seriously...this seems doable...!

Excited to hear how others do tomorrow!!