Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

I think some doctors in the US will do a revision at a discount if you didn't get to a healthy BMI and you can show that you were following a reasonable plan. Especially if you are eating 1000 calories a day and can't get out of the Obese BMI level. I'm honestly not sure about that though and I'm not sure how it works here in Australia either.

Tomorrow is my very first weigh in. I have a feeling this one will be the best one I will ever have. On every diet I have been on it has been that way. I used to make charts that would assume I could keep losing at the same rate. How naive I was! I expect this to take at least 18 months to two years, but at least ill be so much better off than I would without the sleeve!

honestly, if I could afford it, I would get a revision.

Oh lordy, don't say that!! The DS is even worse than the RnY for serious complications and longterm malnutrition issues. People with distal RnY or DS are also prone to intensely bad intestinal problems...like a friend of mine who is bowel incontinent. Seriously. No way to live. :-(

Before I ever heard of VSG I heard of DS and I researched it for about a year, and had decided that if I ever got surgery, that would be the one. Then (luckily) I heard about VSG and the rest is history but, aware as I am of all possible complications, I never heard of the ones you mentioned! The exception rather then the rule I would think? DSers definitely get to goal and beyong though.

Yeah, all complications are the exception (except deficiencies, which are rather too common for my comfort), including that one. But it's certainly not unheard of, and terrible gas (like room-clearing, eye-watering kind) is pretty common.

Yeah' date=' all complications are the exception (except deficiencies, which are rather too common for my comfort), including that one. But it's certainly not unheard of, and terrible gas (like room-clearing, eye-watering kind) is pretty common.[/quote']

"Room-clearing, eye-watering" is CRACKING ME UP! Not making light of anybody but reading this first thing this morning seriously made me laugh!

Yay!

Apparently RxY ers have that situation as well.

I have heard this too

OH Girls... I am having a 'fat - don't piss me off' day today! No real reasoning behind this... no purging on bad food, no real reason! Woke up with a swollen tummy (swelling is normal post TT) and I think this started me off on the wrong foot! Just felt like I've wanted to smash someone today! *sighs*

On the up though, I've joined up to Curves to get myself back into exercise mode. The woman reckons I can lose 14 (my Curves goal) and lots of inches in 6-8 weeks... it is gonna be fun proving them wrong. But if she is right I will be soooo happy.

I'm also wearing a UK 12 trouser and top with no problem today, so why do I feel FAT???

God, this is driving me nuts... why won't the scale move for me....

Hope you are all ok...

OH Girls... I am having a 'fat - don't piss me off' day today! No real reasoning behind this... no purging on bad food, no real reason! Woke up with a swollen tummy (swelling is normal post TT) and I think this started me off on the wrong foot! Just felt like I've wanted to smash someone today! *sighs*

On the up though, I've joined up to Curves to get myself back into exercise mode. The woman reckons I can lose 14 (my Curves goal) and lots of inches in 6-8 weeks... it is gonna be fun proving them wrong. But if she is right I will be soooo happy.

I'm also wearing a UK 12 trouser and top with no problem today, so why do I feel FAT???

Hope you are all ok...

Oh, I'm with you, Coops! lol The scales ARE moving for me but um, the wrong way. Ha! But!!! Today is my first "fast" day with 500 calories. Going to try the FastDiet plan which was started by man in the UK. Alternate Fast Days is what it is composed of - 2 (or more) 500 calorie days. I can't say I haven't been hungry (ate SF oatmeal (110 cal) and a WW String cheese (50 cal) and will have dinner later tonight with around 325 calories or so. Then tomorrow I will eat normal. And so forth. I am hungry but then again I KNEW I would since I've been overindulging in more sugar/junk foods. All in all, just knowing I can eat normal tomorrow makes the "hunger" pains easier and according to everything I've read this becomes lifestyle which is what I NEED!

Good luck with Curves! Its a good program and maybe it will get you down those fourteen pounds!!! Still waiting for a pic too. (smile)

Today I was reading about how Leptin Hormones effect our weight loss. When we eat way less calories, or Leptin levels go down and it causes us to go into starvation mode....weight loss slows or stops. The registered dietician recommends that we have a cheat day 1 day per week increasing our calories up by 1000. Humm I can barely get in 1300 without feeling like I'm pigging out. Then he recommends that on alternate days we increase our carbs up by an additional 20%. He saids that this will bring our Leptin levels up to. He had a 3rd stop buy I can't remember what that was. Then at the end he was trying to sell a supplement that was suppose to help raise our Leptin levels. Quite expensive and not sure if it is a gimmick or not. So I am going to research Leptin and how to increase our Leptin levels too. Here I was so happy we had our ghreline taken out. Who knew. Gotta lot of research to do here.... :)Hey this is what i have found:http://www.wellnessresources.com/Leptin_Diet.php?source=msn

Hope you are all ok...

I am totally feeling the same way too. I feel so fat today......The scale goes down and then it goes back up. Blaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I posted above about Leptin. It's like what have I done to my body? wow......

You my dear are rocking in my world.........I guess we will have days like this......I can't wait until I see your new pics with that beautiful TT....... I tell myself one day I'm ok where I'm at and the next I'm so down because my weight is not staying the same. Oh and I can really eat now......It is so scary for me......

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful understanding friend across the pond......... :) I didn't mean to vent..... :)

I need to join the feeling fat club today!

I feel depressed about it. I've been trying for the last month to not let it get me down (the lack of weight loss) but I don't even want to get dressed and leave the house today!

I must do so because my son has an concert this evening but I hate all of my clothes today!

Some days it's hard to see how far you have come, when all you can think about is how far you still have to go.

I should say on an up note I've been exercising more :)

I need to join the feeling fat club today!

I feel depressed about it. I've been trying for the last month to not let it get me down (the lack of weight loss) but I don't even want to get dressed and leave the house today!

I must do so because my son has an concert this evening but I hate all of my clothes today!

Some days it's hard to see how far you have come, when all you can think about is how far you still have to go.

I should say on an up note I've been exercising more :)

I am in such a funk I am eating so much sh**! Even though it's Protein, I am way full and have this horrible urge to stick more food in my stomach.........I will have just a Protein Drink for dinner tonight.... Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... :angry: