Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to our club. Congrats!biggrinjester.gif

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys!!!!

so here are the details so far of day 1. grab some Water & get ready. (not popcorn lol).

ok so, surgery was set for 8am today. i had to be here at 6am. i was like 4 minutes late so the desk lady was calling me! geez im on the elevator! lol.

anyway, she takes me into this room & gives me a bag, a robe & a pair of socks & tells me to get undressed & change. i do so. she comes back & tells me to lay down in bed. she starts asking mequestions about medical history & stuff like that. then she started me on IVs and had me laying there. she also gave me a bloood thinner shot in my tummy. i thought it would hurt but didnt. then she had me sign a paper stating that im giving consent for my surgeon to do laproscopic gastrectomy sleeve, "possible open gastrectomy sleeve." i protested. i told them no open surgery! so i was told to speak to my surgeon. cool.

shortly after, a guy named lou cane and got me. he wheeled me to the elevator where my mom came. once off the elevator, we walked a little until we stopped and my mom couldnt go any farther so she kissed me goodbye! after that is when i got really nervous. lou kept asking me how i feel & kept telling him REALLYYY nervous. then he stopped in the hall way where i closed my eyes & kept praying. a few nurses introduced themselves & put a shower lookin cap on me. my

anesthesiologist came to me & asked questions and i mentioned that my acid reflux was acting up. he gave me some meds to drink that helped it!

finally my surgeon came and i told him about the possibly open & he explained that in case of emergency i might needa be opened up, so ok cool.

they wheeled me back & got me prepped. i asked for the time & they said 8:05 so im assuming i was knocked out by 8:10. i woke up in recoverry and was groaning. they kept telling me i did great. they left me in recovery til like 3pm because the previous patient that was in my room refused to leave.

finally, they told me i was going i was on my way to my room and mommy was already there waiting for me. so i get there & im exhausted & couldnt keep my eyes open.

the right side of my upper & bottom lip were busted. my mouth is sooooo dry! they gave me these sponge thingies to wet my mouth. they are LIFE SAVERS!

i been burping. i have very little pain. they removed the catheter. my throat is sore. im waiting for them to take me to my leak test so that i can start sippin!!!

Sounds familiar! You are doing great! Walk when you can to help with the gas and keep smilin!!!!!

Congratulations on making it thru and welcome to the losers bench!!!

hey guys.. hopefully im leaving the hospital today! i cant believe i had surgery. i will be updating you guyswith more info soon as i get home.

hi - how are you? I see you were sleeved in Westchester? Me too! on Sept 24 .. in NWH ... where did you go .. NWH or WH? Who was your doc? Mine was Dr. Roslin. How are you doing? Hang in there .. the first 3 weeks were the hardest for me .. then miraculously, all got so much better! I know you are going to do great! keep the peace ....

i was sleeved in lawrence in bronxville :)

hi - how are you? I see you were sleeved in Westchester? Me too! on Sept 24 .. in NWH ... where did you go .. NWH or WH? Who was your doc? Mine was Dr. Roslin. How are you doing? Hang in there .. the first 3 weeks were the hardest for me .. then miraculously, all got so much better! I know you are going to do great! keep the peace ....