Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Waiting Game..until insurance approves Gastric Sleeve Surgery ?

30 days? WOW! thats a very long time! :(

Congrats on your papers being submitted!!! keep us updated on what the insurance says!

I have my last PCP appointment on Friday and my psych appointment is tomorrow. I hope my psych doesnt' take too long to send in the report!! then it's off to the insurance!!

Anyone here have BCBS (federal or not)? My coordinator says that it usually takes about 30 days to get an answer and I DON'T WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG!!!! :(

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

my insurance coordinator emailed me and told me that my insurance has called her back & requested more clinicals.... which means, they are reviewing my case! she said we should have an answer by the end of this week after 24-48hrs of reviewing my case. im so nervous!

Jasleeve... YEAH!!! Thinking good thoughts for you!!!!

thank you so much <3

Jasleeve... YEAH!!! Thinking good thoughts for you!!!!

i started my pre op today. im trying more of a fast because i truly cant imagine drinking 4 shakes a day. i hope im approved soon!

i started my pre op today. im trying more of a fast because i truly cant imagine drinking 4 shakes a day. i hope im approved soon!

I know the waiting sucks big time but it will go by super fast on that pre-op diet lol!! The days flew by for me and before you know it you will be approved:)

this feeling is sooooooooooooooo surreal. i cant believe that my surgery date is 2 weeks from today! i cant believe im on my preop! i just pray im approved! god plz :(

I know the waiting sucks big time but it will go by super fast on that pre-op diet lol!! The days flew by for me and before you know it you will be approved:)

Hi Sleeve Guru: I hear you about waiting for insurance to approve your surgery. Although I don't need insurance approval in Canada, our Medical Services Plan has cut our Bariatric Surgeons down to 2 surgeries a month, so I have been waiting for 2 years, however, they are just now doing the people who have been waiting since 2006...unbelievable! Well, I am the original squeeky wheel, so here goes. I will make sure that I get this surgery even if I have to go the Mexico to get it, I am 60 years old and am unable to do any of the activities I enjoy because of my weight, and I don't intend to let the weight end my life as I know it. So one way or the other, I will have this surgery before the summer of 2012. Wish me luck guys, and keep the faith.blush5.gif

god bless you & good luck! keep us posted<3

Hi Sleeve Guru: I hear you about waiting for insurance to approve your surgery. Although I don't need insurance approval in Canada, our Medical Services Plan has cut our Bariatric Surgeons down to 2 surgeries a month, so I have been waiting for 2 years, however, they are just now doing the people who have been waiting since 2006...unbelievable! Well, I am the original squeeky wheel, so here goes. I will make sure that I get this surgery even if I have to go the Mexico to get it, I am 60 years old and am unable to do any of the activities I enjoy because of my weight, and I don't intend to let the weight end my life as I know it. So one way or the other, I will have this surgery before the summer of 2012. Wish me luck guys, and keep the faith.blush5.gif

OMG OMG OMG i found out at 9:48am that i have been APPROVED!!!!!!

surgery is set for dec 20th at 8am. :)

@jasleeve! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance company. My file was sent last Monday :(((

Being patient it's almost impossible.

Oh my goodness, first of all you get an "A+" for patience. I can't believe they only due 2 WLS a month, and you have been waiting for 2 years. I am so sorry for this. If you can afford it i would try to go to mexico. i didn't do that, but many many people have, and they all say good things. Don't give up - you're in everybody's thoughts. Write anytime for support, and venting is popular too. Thats what this board is all about. I find alot of support and good info.

Take care

kathy

i think mine was sent in on tuesday! if not, friday but i got my approval today. 5pm was always a relief for me because i knew they werent calling after 5! keep ur faith. good luck <3

@jasleeve! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance company. My file was sent last Monday :(((

Being patient it's almost impossible.

I'm in the waiting period right now. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea, and all I have to do before I can schedule my surgery is get the BiPAP machine delivered and set up, sleep a couple nights with it to show I am being compliant, and then they will call and set up a date for surgery. I have to wait for the company who sets up the machine to get the fax from the sleep center before they come out and set it up... It's all so complicated and waiting is hard!!!

its aggravating to wait but time will fly! im now 9 days (cuz its after midnight here) from surgery. preop diet is kicking my ass now BUT i didnt think j could get thru 4 days of this! if i can do 4, i can do 9 more...... i think :/

I'm in the waiting period right now. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea, and all I have to do before I can schedule my surgery is get the BiPAP machine delivered and set up, sleep a couple nights with it to show I am being compliant, and then they will call and set up a date for surgery. I have to wait for the company who sets up the machine to get the fax from the sleep center before they come out and set it up... It's all so complicated and waiting is hard!!!