Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! I have my Nut. Evaluation on the 21st and don't know what to expect! Please help!!

Hi everyone! So,I attended my seminar on the 10th. The next morning was my initial consult so I got that taken care of. I have everything taken care of now but my sleep study,psych eval,and nut eval. I know what to expect from pretty much everything but the dietician!!! I am so freaking out bc I don't want to mess anything up! So,my question to you all is:What happened at your Nut Eval??? Like what did they ask and what got you cleared? :bigear: Thanks a bunch! And sorry I haven't posted or replied to any posts in forever. Major appts for me and my kiddos lately. Been super busy but can't wait to surf the forums and see how everyone is doing!!!

Hi! Congrats on coming this far. I had my surgery on Aug 1st. I was pretty freaked out about the psych evaluation too. I went in prepared to answer the hard questions...and mine turned out to be a bit of a joke. She asked me if I had been abused as a child. If I had problems with eating and throwing it back up. She asked if I had problems with drinking or if I had run ins with the law.

She ended my session with a True False quiz. I can't remember how many questions- A lot. maybe 3-5 hundred. It was a hoot. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

True or False

I love my mother.

I think someone is trying to kill me.

I would like to be a park ranger.

Sometimes I hear voices.

You will do fine. I think what they are looking for is if you have an eating disorder now- and if you will be able to follow the instructions after surgery.

Best of Luck!!

they also ask about your family if you have a support group to help you when you get home, if you will be emotionally taken care of...all kinds of good stuff. Dont sweat it too bad, the shrink who did mine said he had been doing psych eval for 10 years and only 2 had not been approved and in his words one was coocoo for coco puffs and one had a serious eating disorder........

I definitely took the same true false eval last week. Would I like to be a park ranger? No. Lol my favorite was : I love the shape of my buttocks. True or false. It asked that like 3 times in different ways! And there were lots of do you hear voices questions. You'll do fine! I go back to finish mine this week. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! So sorry for the confusion,but I actually meant the Nut. Eval as in the Nutritionist! Sorry!! =( Any feedback on that?

My first couple of nut evaluations weren't really evaluations. They were more like lessons for me. The nutritionist went over the various products to help me get Protein, how to read nutrition labels, and gave me guidelines to look for (like less than 6 grams of sugar per serving).

The first eval before my surgery discussed my pre-op diet and what would happen in the hospital. It was a group meeting, so I wasn't the only one there.

My second nut eval was in the hospital when I was going home. This was mostly to make sure I was ready to go home and have my Protein needs met while on a liquid diet.

My third nut eval was again with a group. It was going over the stages and included meal portions, more food label stuff and then was discussing how to meet nutrition needs with real food rather than supplements.

I have two more appointments that I can make for one on one evals as I need them.

Nutrition eval was super easy..I had to bring in my food journal and I wasn't really good at keeping track at that time.

She gave me a packet of papers of tips for help losing weight and to keep on track before and after surgery. Also gave me information about

what Vitamins and such I will be to be taking. She wrote out a little plan for me of what I needed to work on prior

to surgery to prepare. She gave me a food scale and weighed me.

Easy visit nothing to worry about and it took maybe 30 minutes.

Ok thank you all so much!!!! I also recieved a food journal to write in 24 hours before the appt. I hope he/she goes over the Protein thing with me as well. I am getting super excited now and nervous at the same time. My surgeons office said I will have the surgery sometime in January. I am hoping to get that date backed up into December as my twins turn one in the beginning of January-I really don't wanna be healing from surgery on my princesses birthdays!!

The first nut evaluation is nothing to be nervous about. I took a notebook full of questions and she actually answered most of them before I even had a chance to ask them at the end. Mine was a class with two other women and my sister attended with me. They will go over Vitamins, Protein, labels and my office has a diet they ask you to follow until the 2 day presurgery liquid diet. I'm lucky that I only have to do two days, I've seen a lot of people on here who have had to do 2+ weeks.

Good luck and take a notebook with you to take notes! And allow yourself to get excited about it!

My surgery is on Dec. 5th and I have my pre-op nutritional evaluation scheduled for today. The first one just consisted of the dietitican asking questions about what and how much I ate. I was truely honest with her because it was clear that being over 300lbs didn't happen by eating a half cup of ice cream. At any rate, they will go over what you can expect your new sleeve to hold and how many calories as well as what you should be eating. This visit isn't a pass/fail, it is more so instructional and gives you the opportunity to pick the brains of a person who can really assist you in reaching your weight loss goals. That's the way I looked at it.

My nut eval wasn't a clearance, just a consult and an evaluation of me as pertaining to food and diet. She was mostly asking about my usual eating habits, in very detailed ways and then she categorised my 'problem' areas (eg, emotional/stress eating, carb addict, etc.) -- and the categories were extensive and a bit hilarious. Turns out I am an 'over-eater' (um, duh?), but mostly meaning too big of portions at one go, and a 'charcuterie eater,' meaning I'm a bit too fond of things like salami, bacon and Slim Jims. LOLOL. My nutritionist is seriously super cool and very helpful and supportive. I wouldn't sweat it, I don't think they normally have to 'sign off' on your surgery, just consult with you beforehand and afterward. Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! So sorry for the confusion,but I actually meant the Nut. Eval as in the Nutritionist! Sorry!! =( Any feedback on that?

I have my Nut eval on the 21st too and I'm freaking out!! I've read so much on here about it and I'm still nervous. My last PCP appt is on Dec 9th and then out to the insurance it goes. I really hope the nut doesnt say i'm Nuts! lol

Good luck!

My nutrition appointments were my favorite part of this whole thing. I liked my nutritionist a lot, because she was a normal person and not some super health food nutball. She asked if I was drinking soda, how my pre-op diet was going, and went over lots of paperwork on food and Vitamins. I felt I could be more honest with her than my own doctor. I told her I was still drinking sodas but cutting down a little at a time, and I soon as I got my date I would quit all soda, she was happy with that. She also understood my setbacks, and all my falls off the wagon. She helped me a lot. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Her main concern was making sure I was well aware of what I was getting into health and food wise after this was all overwith. I was fully aware of it and so I got cleared. Plus she asked about eating disorders and stuff. I have a horrible binging problem and I was still cleared, so don't worry too awful much. They are there to help, and like someone else said unless you are seriosuly cuckoo you will clear just fine. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thank you all. Unfortunately,my Nutritionist appt was rescheduled out to the 28th bc the dietician is going on a break for Thanksgiving. =(( It will come soon enough. I can say that now I am quite a bit more comfortable with the appt since all of the great insight I've gotten from you all. =) Thank you!