Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weightloss Expectations

well for me in less than 3 months i've lost over 60lbs ....and I'm very pleased with that i do work out and I eat right... and I'm strictly by the book type person ... anyway so worth it to me and i was self pay dr aceves so worth every penny ... my excess body weight was 117 ... my beginning weight was 247 and this morning was 185 .. THAT"S 60lbs ... from size 3X to L or XL depending on the cut .. so loving my sleeve ( woo hoo i meet my Halloween goal) stay focused you'll do fine ... I know that everyone losses differently but i'm almost at 70lbs lost and i still have time to loss more weight ... hope this helps ...best of luck ....

I'm just beginning to explore the possibility of having VSL. The research I've read on-line says one can reasonably expect to lose up to 50-70% of their "overage" in the first year. For me, that would be roughly 70 lbs (which would DELIGHT me!).

Are your results meeting your expectations, seriously?

I would really be happy just to get to 180lbs (down from (260 lbs). I don't have to weight 160 lbs.... does that sound reasonable? Achievable?

A lady at work lost 120 percent in first year. I have lost 86 pounds since my surgery date on 7/19. I have a long way to go.

The statistics my surgeon's office and bariatric support group say that the average vsg patient loses 60 - 80% of their excess weight, gastric bypass patients = 50 - 80%, and lap band 50 - 65%.

I am hoping to go all the way to goal - which for my height is 130 lbs. That's 188 lbs. of excess weight to lose in all for a short, old woman :) Good thing is that I am 33 lbs. down since I started the medical weight loss plan - and it will be a few months before I can get in for surgery due to my schedule - so hopefully it will be even a bit less - I hope for a weight of 250 at surgery - with a small, non-slippery liver.

The doc also says that statistically patients lose 50% of excess weight in the first 6 months, another 25% during the next 6 - and the final 25% over the course of the next year.

A year ago I was 253 pounds. Now, 9+months after surgery, I have lost 106 of the 118 pounds I have set out to lose. That will put me into the normal BMI range by a few pounds. I am 54 years old and have done this without a lot of exercising (my bad).

I'll be 7 months out on Dec. 17th. I have lost 100% of my excess weight (BMI <25) and have about 13 lbs. to go to goal (BMI 21.8). I have followed my program's eating, drinking, and exercise plan with a few Snacks (not a lot!). I had a lot of muscle mass going in to the operation because I had been working out with a trainer 3 x per week for several years (one of my many failed attempts to get my weight under control).

I'm very small-boned (ring size 6) and prefer to have a long lean look with a few feminine curves, so my goal weight is less than many people who are the same height as me.

Lynda

Today is my 3 month surgiversary- if I include the weight I lost with the pre op diet the week before surgery- I've lost a total of 68 lbs in 3 months. I do mostly low carb but treat myself once in a while to a bite of whatever I want.

Hi - my surgery was Sept. 24th, so 2 days ago it was basically 3 months since ... I'm down 53 lbs ... I think I'm a slower loser than most of you from what I read, but I'm very happy w/my success so far .. I figure, it took me almost 20 years (I'm 53) to get to my heaviest (about 269), so if it takes me 1-2 years to get to my goal, I'm way ahead of the game! I'm in no rush ... just being patient and working at getting healthier day by day. I still cannot eat too much, just tiny little portions, which is fine ... but still not at a good point where I can have "anything" .. basically mushies and Soups are the easiest thing for me still, but that's ok .. I know that eventually I will get to where all of you sound like you are at so I'm just taking it slow & enjoying success. cheers to you all! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, too, Roseigirl. Your weight loss is amazing!