Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

You got me just cracking up on that one - you know me crabcake don't you :confused:

:biggrin1: Thought that would make you smile!

Hi Everyone!

Doing ok. My mom just had a hip replacement, so it is hard to focus on myself, but I am trying to stay the course. I do eat more when I am around my mom and sis. They are very food focused, mom would rather ask me about my fills rather than deal with her surgery. She is having trouble getting out of bed, but walking ok.

My IRS audit is Wednesday. Wish me luck! I have several notebooks that I hope I can dazzle the auditor with. Some of it is near and dear to my heart. My retirement scapbook, with pic of the kids I taught and their notes to me that show how much stuff I did for them.

Green - You must have been a beautiful baby..... da...da... Look at you now, well, soon. You will be grateful and glad that you were so brave to go for it. Hugs.

Be well,

Michelle

Michelle - At least her asking you about your fills keeps her mind off her problems - My prayer for a speed recovery :confused:

I don't eat out much so I don't have that to deal with that and don't have much company - did during the summer when the kids would come to swim- but when i am with my sis & other family - it's always about the food.:hungry:

OMG getting audited - that's enought to make you want snack.. :omg:

Good luck on that - My Dad's business got audited when we were kids - i just remember that i had a gas cc in the name of business - but after the audit i didn't :P I was 16 - 17 out of the house but do remember talk of him being audited - dont really know what happend

Ok gang - do we have any bakers out there ???

Today at lunch we were talking about eating healthy (refuse to call it a diet cuz this change will be for a life time - not just a few months) and I have been wanting Cookies - but i can't buy a bag cuz i will eat then all - i just dont have that kind of will power to eat only 1 -2 or 4 - by the end of the weekend they would be all gone.

Well I had this great idea - take my weight control cinniamon oatmeal and make cookies with it - 1 packet has 160 carlories and 7 gr pt.

So when i got home i tried it - wanted to add a tad of eggbeater but only had southwestern flavor - so added just a tad eggwhite - tiny box of raisin - a sprinkle of bakeing soda and just enought Water to moisten. sprayed the cookie sheet w/butter pam - - i had them on the cookie sheet then thought i should add some more splenda - so did it and sorta mixed them on the cookie sheet - sprayed them with more pam baked in 350 for about 6 minutes.

it makes 4 cookie @ 40 calories each

They came out ok - do need more splenda added in the mixing stage and not as an after thought - and the eggbeater would have been better.

But they aren't bad if you want a few cookies without the calories and with out haveing a whole bag sitting around tempting you.

Does anyone remember the WW pumpkin muffins that you got 6 muffins for 1 veggie exchange - I know i am dating my self - so what everyone here is in the same boat and most likely did WW before the point system :rolleyes Well those muffins were a life saver for me - i wish i could have that receipe again - use to make it w/sweet n low but it didn't bake well - now w/splenda i bet they would be good. I couldnt eat all six but heck one would be nice ..

So whadda ya'll think of my great idea - anyone know how i might improve on it without adding any calories???

those muffins were a life saver for me - i wish i could have that receipe again -

Ask and ye shall receive...compliments of Cooks.com

WEIGHT WATCHERS pumpkin MUFFINS

1 c. pumpkin

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2/3 c. dry milk

6 tbsp. flour

1 tsp. cinnamon

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

5 packs Sweet 'n Low

1/2 c. grated carrots

4 tbsp. raisins

Mix together pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Pour directly into muffin pans. Do not use paper cups. Spray muffin pans with Pam before adding batter. Bake at 350 degrees, 15 minutes.

And a 2nd one from peertrainer.com

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe 1 point

6 Tbsp. flour

2/3 cup dry skim milk powder (not the type in the grocery stores this you can buy at bulk barns has the texture of cornstarch very fine not coarse)

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp pumpkin spice

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup pure canned pumpkin

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 tsp baking soda

2 eggs beaten frothy

4 tbsp raisins

1/2 cup grated carrot

Mix together dry ingredients in bowl set aside.

Mix together pumpkin, carrots, raisins, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Add to dry mix well. Bake at 350* approx 30 minutes.Makes 12 muffins

Ask and ye shall receive...compliments of Cooks.com

WEIGHT WATCHERS pumpkin MUFFINS

Oh Thank you so much Crabcake:humble: -

Ya that's it - I googled it once before but i couldn't find the exact same receipe... when i made it with sweet n low - sometimes it felt like i was chewing glass - sweet n low didn't cook well - I am going to try this weekend with splenda.. I think with the band 1 would be enought - were as with ww i would eat them all in one night :confused: me and my volume eating :P.

Do you know if they have a Protein Powder that you can cook with - I have unflavor Unjury but can't heat above 130 - there must be some cuz there is Protein powder in the oatmeal packet - is just say whey soy protien... I guess i will have to look.. I don't use much protein powder any longer since i am on regular food and can get my protein in with that and my clear pt drinks.< /span>

I just took a bite of my second oatmeal cookie and it was better than the 1st - i think i should have thought about adding more splenda prior to putting them on the cookie sheet...

You are the bomb .... Thanks...:clap2:

GREEN

who was your PS? Do they put you out or just give you locals?

Hi Everyone.

Dr. Mulholland. He is one of the best in Canada. The operation was over 7 hours long. I was out cold and I wish I was still out cold. Ouch! My face hurts and is a bunch of interesting colours and I am almost out of the good painkillers. Argh!!!! I will never, ever do this stunt again. :sick Never!

green

I want to get a face lift when I reach my goal weight. 7hours!!!!!!!!!!! why so long???? are you sorry you got the surgery? Makes me think twice about having it. But, wait until this part is over, I bet you will feel different.

green

I want to get a face lift when I reach my goal weight. 7hours!!!!!!!!!!! why so long???? are you sorry you got the surgery? Makes me think twice about having it. But, wait until this part is over, I bet you will feel different.

I myself was kinda shocked when I heard that it was going to take 7 hours and I heard afterwards that the surgery ran a couple of hours overtime. The thing is that I had a really good face before I started with this. My skin was pretty much wrinkle free since I have never spent time in the sun - redhead's complexion, eh - and my chubby cheeks gave me a kinda grrlish look. I only wanted it to be even better in order to match my newly small body, I guess. Oh, sad vanity!!! :phanvan

Nevertheless, I did want something permanent in the way of facial renovation/restoration because I am kinda weird among women in that I really don't enjoy the process of personal maintenance/being pampered all that much. In fact I find a visit to the coiffeuse on a par with a visit to the dentist, even though I am a welcome guest at both joints. This dislike is why I opted for the full monty including an eye lift. I figured get it fixed, get it fixed good, and then coast through the next 10 years of my life on an excellent face, and spend my 70s growing facially old. Haha. :heh:

I chose my surgeon carefully because when it involves your face you can't hide any mistakes. This guy is one of the best up here and he has pioneered a number of techniques.

I must say that I have never experienced this degree of pain before. This has me thinking that I am an idiot to have undertaken this.

Oh, Green, I'm so sorry for your pain. I hope every day is better than the one before and you will be ecstatic with the results once your recovery is complete. Here's to the future!

Ditto Green what Momlambert said. I never heard of facial surgery taking quite that long. You will be stunning when you heal, so sorry about the pain.

I hate pain....

Hugs,

Michelle

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I hate pain, too. In fact I have the pain threshhold of a man!

Must. have. more. drugs.

green

It's good they put you out for the surgery. I hear that they often just use locals for facelift. Perhaps your surgeon was extra careful to do a great job. It may all be like having a baby, once the baby comes the pain is forgotten.

green

It's good they put you out for the surgery. I hear that they often just use locals for facelift. Perhaps your surgeon was extra careful to do a great job. It may all be like having a baby, once the baby comes the pain is forgotten.

When I had my mini-face lift 8 years ago - the same guy did it by the way - they offered to do it with a local. This would have saved me a thousand bucks but I opted to be knocked out. That mini-face lift stood me in really good stead. I never did develop a set of chins or jowels because he had hoovered the meat away. He also filled in the creases between mouth and nose and that took years off my face. And he gave me lips! No one on either side of my family has any. I was finally able to wear lipstick. :biggrin1:

The thing was that I recovered really quickly from that surgery as I did from the lapband stuff last Sept. This time around I am having more difficulty. blehhh! :phanvan

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I hate pain, too. In fact I have the pain threshhold of a man!

Must. have. more. drugs.

Green, that is too funny! I've always said I was a big baby when it came to pain, but the man analogy really describes it best! :nod:

green

I was planning on a facelift after I'd reached my goal weight. That mini lift sounds interesting. And lips would be great to have. Do the lips last OR DO THEY HAVE TO BE REDONE?

Green - I think each surgery has its own complexion (ha..ha) sorry. I imagine that being under for 7 hours may cause you to need more recovery time. He must have done great stuff. We'll want to see pre and post pictures please.

NM Sunshine - I'm with you. But I know that Denver isn't a good place to get it done. The surgery is much more expensive here, I heard Seattle is more competative and two of my friends had it done there. Any other ideas out there? Of course at the rate I am losing I might be 90.

Hugs all,

Michelle