Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. After much deliberation I have decided to go with the sleeve for my weight loss procedure. At my 37 years, as far as I can remember all my life I have been slightly overweight. After 4 children and various life changing experiences, somewhere along the way, slightly overweight became extremely overweight. Two years ago I lost my mother due to various complications of her also being overweight. She would always tell me to do something, even if it meant surgery. She did not want me to got through everything she went through. Two months after her passing I was put in the hospital for a week. I walked out of there with 6 different prescribtions and have added a few more since then. All complications of my obesity. At that point I realized that I was heading down that road my mother warned me about. Since then I've been researching the various surgeries and have decided to go with the gastric sleeve.

I have my surgery scheduled for Oct 8, 2011, with Dr Jose Rodriguez in Juarez, MX. I am kind of nervous, but I believe everything will turn out fine. If anyone has any experience with Dr. Rodriguez, I welcome all coments.

Current weight - 325lbs.

I literally just came back from Juarez. My surgery was on 09/21/11 and my experience was Fantastic!!! There is nothing to be scared of!

Dr. Rodriguez was great. The medical staff is very very nice, and tell Dr. Calderon that a former patient said hellllloooooo. (He's a good guy to know who speaks English).

Since returning, as of today 09/28/11, I am down 9lbs and a total of 15lbs since this entire situation began for me. Onderland is not too far away and I am looking forward to hitting those nubmers. :D

Don't be nervous...ok, crossing the border on the way home can make you a little nervouse..lol But, Sergio (the driver), he's great too! Full of conversation and takes the nerves away.

Take care.

I literally just came back from Juarez. My surgery was on 09/21/11 and my experience was Fantastic!!! There is nothing to be scared of!

Dr. Rodriguez was great. The medical staff is very very nice, and tell Dr. Calderon that a former patient said hellllloooooo. (He's a good guy to know who speaks English).

Since returning, as of today 09/28/11, I am down 9lbs and a total of 15lbs since this entire situation began for me. Onderland is not too far away and I am looking forward to hitting those nubmers. :D

Don't be nervous...ok, crossing the border on the way home can make you a little nervouse..lol But, Sergio (the driver), he's great too! Full of conversation and takes the nerves away.

Take care.

That is awesome to hear that everything went well for you. I am not nervous about going into Mexico. I go over there all the time. What makes me nervous is the surgery itself and just the thought that its finally going to happen.

Did you have any complications during or after surgery? Where were you coming from? Do you have someone lined up for aftercare?

That is awesome to hear that everything went well for you. I am not nervous about going into Mexico. I go over there all the time. What makes me nervous is the surgery itself and just the thought that its finally going to happen.

Did you have any complications during or after surgery? Where were you coming from? Do you have someone lined up for aftercare?

Hi Ara,

Per Dr. Rodriguez I had absolutely "No" complications. I remember them wheeling me (in the bed) down the hallway, and to the O.R. waiting area for my turn on the surgery. When it was my time, I moved from my bed to the operating table. Once I was comfortable, I was out like a light!..lol The worst part of the surgery for me, THE I.V. I hate needles...

After that, I was back in my room. The 1st two days were the worst because of the gas pains. I also caught a fever. Sooo for me, it was like having the flu. By day 3, I had all tubes detached\removed and was sitting in my room bored..lol Walking the halls, etc... The tomatoe Soup was yummyyyyyyy....

That was last Wed - Fri. on Monday morning I was back at work. I am now 1 week post op, and feeling great! Been testing the Water with my exercise, etc..

I had no aftercare. I came home on Saturday, spent that night in bed and the next morning I started moving my body! I went to Mexico alone, and on faith! God is good!

My location is Houston, TX. So it was great to have only a 1 1/2 flight home...lol

As of today, I am down a total of 16lbs. I am about 1 week away from ONERLAND and striving hard for it!.

I too was nervous about the surgery, but when it was over, and especially when I was feeling the pain -- all I could say to my self was "I needed this surgery. I needed this for my health.." And, I was more right than I could have ever thought. All the dieting, and exercising that I have done over the user did not get me down to this weight. I reached this current weight in a matter of 2 weeks. One week pre-op, and 1 post op. AMAZING....

Hi Ara,

Per Dr. Rodriguez I had absolutely "No" complications. I remember them wheeling me (in the bed) down the hallway, and to the O.R. waiting area for my turn on the surgery. When it was my time, I moved from my bed to the operating table. Once I was comfortable, I was out like a light!..lol The worst part of the surgery for me, THE I.V. I hate needles...

After that, I was back in my room. The 1st two days were the worst because of the gas pains. I also caught a fever. Sooo for me, it was like having the flu. By day 3, I had all tubes detached\removed and was sitting in my room bored..lol Walking the halls, etc... The tomatoe Soup was yummyyyyyyy....

That was last Wed - Fri. on Monday morning I was back at work. I am now 1 week post op, and feeling great! Been testing the Water with my exercise, etc..

I had no aftercare. I came home on Saturday, spent that night in bed and the next morning I started moving my body! I went to Mexico alone, and on faith! God is good!

My location is Houston, TX. So it was great to have only a 1 1/2 flight home...lol

As of today, I am down a total of 16lbs. I am about 1 week away from ONERLAND and striving hard for it!.

I too was nervous about the surgery, but when it was over, and especially when I was feeling the pain -- all I could say to my self was "I needed this surgery. I needed this for my health.." And, I was more right than I could have ever thought. All the dieting, and exercising that I have done over the user did not get me down to this weight. I reached this current weight in a matter of 2 weeks. One week pre-op, and 1 post op. AMAZING....

Wow that is awesome. I leave in La Porte, so we are actually neighbors. lol...lol

I am so happy to hear that you had no problems. I know that all is in God's hands, and either way his will be done. I am really excited as is my family, but as the day nears the butterflies in the stomach become more active. I guess once I'm there it will all be ok. Its just the waiting that drives people crazy.

I have been on my pre-op diet for a week already and I have gone down 14lbs. Yay!!! If I could I'd be doing cartwheels at this point.

I really feel that once I have the surgery I will have no problem going down.

My son will not let me go by myself, so he will be going with me. I told him he will get bored but he insists.

I really wish this week would fly bye......

I had Surgery in Juarez, with Dr Rodriguez and Dr Elmo Aramburo.. they are an amazing Team, their facility is super clean (starmedica hospital) you have nothing to worry about.. if you have any questions just email me i will be happy to share..

rubygraupera@gmail.com

I had Surgery in Juarez, with Dr Rodriguez and Dr Elmo Aramburo.. they are an amazing Team, their facility is super clean (starmedica hospital) you have nothing to worry about.. if you have any questions just email me i will be happy to share..

rubygraupera@gmail.com

Thanks for the support.

When did you have your sleeve done? How much have you lost? Did you have any major complications?

Hello. After much deliberation I have decided to go with the sleeve for my weight loss procedure. At my 37 years, as far as I can remember all my life I have been slightly overweight. After 4 children and various life changing experiences, somewhere along the way, slightly overweight became extremely overweight. Two years ago I lost my mother due to various complications of her also being overweight. She would always tell me to do something, even if it meant surgery. She did not want me to got through everything she went through. Two months after her passing I was put in the hospital for a week. I walked out of there with 6 different prescribtions and have added a few more since then. All complications of my obesity. At that point I realized that I was heading down that road my mother warned me about. Since then I've been researching the various surgeries and have decided to go with the gastric sleeve.

I have my surgery scheduled for Oct 8, 2011, with Dr Jose Rodriguez in Juarez, MX. I am kind of nervous, but I believe everything will turn out fine. If anyone has any experience with Dr. Rodriguez, I welcome all coments.

Current weight - 325lbs.

Dr. Rod did my surgery 2/18/2011. Awesome all the way around. I love Miguel hope he's still there. He is one of the nurses that speaks English. I had my surgery on a Saturday. Saturday night was bad. I did not think they had good pain meds. That was my only complaint. By Sunday afternoon I was fine and I was bored and ready to go home by Monday. All tubes and IV came out Monday and I just sat around until I could leave on Tuesday. Met another girl while I was there that had surgery and we still keep in touch. My friend and her and her mother would sit around the coffe shop and visit during the day. We both felt great by Monday. Flew home on Tuesday and was back at work the following Monday. No complications. I did have to change family doctors because when I went to mine for blood work she acted like I had a second head for going to Mexico. Found a Internal Medicine doctor that her dad is a bariatric Dr in Thailand and she knew exactly what to do for follow up. I have lost around 70lbs. I live in Alabama. I started out at 302. Hoping to be under 200 by Christmas. Good luck.

You will do great! Congrats on your upcoming sleeve date! The sleeve has been one of the best decisions of my life and I know it will be for you too.