Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Lovers Thread

I am so in on this one..."It's the most wonderful time of the year!" So I am making a goal of 40 lbs. making me 199 lbs. for the blessed event!!!!! How cool would that be. Onederland for Christmas!!! Great thread!!

Here are my stats: warmmorningsun: Start 305/C 289/G by Christmas 230

My favorite: A Christmas Story. I never get sick of it. "You'll shoot yer eye out!"

Last Christmas will be hard to beat, I received a beautiful engagement ring! My little girl also received an engagement necklace :eek: Soooo, for this year I think I would like new clothes to go on my new body...

My little girl and I spend Thanksgiving afternoon going through her toys to give to charity so other kids who "don't have a room of toys" - her words - have something too. It's my favorite way to start Christmas!

I adore Christmas!!! I would llike to be half-way to my goal by then-- 250 pounds. I better get crackin'!

I bought a new scale and have adjusted my start and current weights accordingly. It seems more reliable than my old scale.< /p>

July 18th 300/ C 300/ G 250

Here are my stats: warmmorningsun: Start 305/C 289/G by Christmas 230

My favorite: A Christmas Story. I never get sick of it. "You'll shoot yer eye out!"

Last Christmas will be hard to beat, I received a beautiful engagement ring! My little girl also received an engagement necklace :eek: Soooo, for this year I think I would like new clothes to go on my new body...

My little girl and I spend Thanksgiving afternoon going through her toys to give to charity so other kids who "don't have a room of toys" - her words - have something too. It's my favorite way to start Christmas!

I forgot to add that to my list. also one of our favorites. I love that TNT usually runs that movie for 24 hours during christmas.

We do the same with our kids the night of thanksgiving. After we have eaten we go to the kids room and clean out the toy boxes and closet. All working toys that they want to donate or have outgrown goes to the charity box, and all of the broken things go to the trash box. Any stuffed animals go into a wash box so they can be washed before going to charity. We then pray for the families that they will go to, and we tuck them into bed. If we are in North Carolina during thanksgiving then we do it as soon as we come home.

The wish list is growing!! This is great! I would like to ask for a volunteer to man a recipe post. Anytime someone posts a recipe they go back and edit the recipe post and add it to the list, with all the ingredients and instructions. This way we have a great place to gather all of the recipes together. Who feels up to doing this??

Oh yea...

158 days till Christmas!!!

:eek: :eek: :Banane10: :Banane10: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat:

Im a Christmas fanatic also! I usually start listening to Christmas music REGULARLY during this month. Maybe it helps cool things off on these hot and blustery days???

Quite a few years ago my cousins and I started exchanging Christmas ornaments instead of gifts. Now we do it with Mike's brothers as well. Our stash of ornaments is enormous - although the same ole' ugly ones seem to always stay in the box.

We decorate 2 trees. One with the pretty white lights and all the beautiful ornaments that were given to us, and the other for the kids. Each year the kids make christmas crafts or homemade ornaments (at school) - so I have a tree devoted only to these special decorations.

Christmas is magical. There's no other way to say it. Has nothing to do with shopping or Santa Claus or food. Its the anticipation that is built up for this special day - a special Birthday. Instead of joyful celebrations and noise filled events, this is one season (or day) that brings me so much - with so little.

Its the quietness the season offers... the air seems to be filled with peace... the joyfulness in strangers voices... the willingness to help those in need... communities actually work together... neighbors speak to each other instead of just waving by... people seem to have a little more patience with each other... friends/family make special plans to visit one another... more laughter, more kindness, more love during this time.

Christmas IS magical.

I love this thread Amy. Thanks for starting it!

Last year we sat Emily down to explain what Christmas is really about and where it came from. This year we will be having the same discussion with Andy. And probably rediscussing it with Emily. I think she got it though. She wanted to make a birthday cake for Jesus, so we did. I have a feeling this will become a regular thing. LOL

I agree that there is just something magical about the holiday season. People are nicer, the weather is fresher and cooler, I LOVE christmas lights and light displays. There is something so special about decorated houses and storefronts and street corners.

Rob made large wooden cutouts of the charlie brown christmas gang, all standing around the charlie brown christmas tree. We have a nice little front yard for it now, so we will have that set up this year. Not sure what we will do for lights though.

wORKING THIS COMING XMAS 12 HRS SHIFT, BUT LOVE THE HOLIDAY.

MY BEST MEMORY IS OF THE MIDDLE GRANDGIRL OPENING HER PRESENT. SHE WAS 4. I GOT HER A KEY BOARD MORE TO KEEP HER OUT OF HER OLDER SISTERS hair LOL. BUT WHEN SHE OPENED IT SHE SCREAMED "OH MOMMY LOOK". IT WAS SO REAL IT MELTED MY HEART.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy. I believe they did it on Bing's christmas special in the late 70's... I remember watching it (boy do I feel old).

What was the silliest gift you ever got for Christmas?

My DH got me a remote controlled fart machine. He put it in a little box, then a bigger one and then a bigger one.... (here I was thinking DIAMONDS!) ROFL.

Every time I opened a box he would hit the remote and the dogs head would tilt...it was so funny.

Funny thanks so much for starting this list and goal. This is my very favoriest time of year. I have five grandaughters and we have a blast at Holiday time. I plan on losing 41 more pounds by then. That will put me 5 lbs below goal.By the way I have a squirrel in my fairplace above the vent.

Do I have to wait for santa to get him out? Thought we had a screen over top which we do but it has come loose.:help:

Light a fire. He'll come out then. LOL

Sally what is your current weight and your goal weight for the wish list?

NJChick, I can imagine our dog doing exactly the same thing. I can't remember a silly gift, except some unmentionable things here. LOL I have certainly given some silly gifts. Gave DH a thong one year as a gag gift. Funniest part was he came out of the bathroom christmas night wearing them, looking down saying that the didn't feel right. He had them on worng. Not backwards, but just wrong. Like his right legs were in one leg hole and the waist band, and the other leg hole was around his waist. Lets just say it didn't look comfy, and it was absolutely hilarious. He hasn't worn them since.

Hiya Funny,

I am at 224.5, and kinda been here since Nov.

I would love to be at 200.....(or is that wishful thinking) by Christmas.

I am going back to Aruba in August ( was there in Nov.) but had to come home cuz of gallbladder.

I want ot be down to 215 before I go back.

Wiah me luck!!!!:eek:

Ya think he may have Protein, Oh forget it I just got my second fill this morning back to good ole liquids for a few days. My current weight is

186 and goal is 150.:eek:

Christmas is a big deal in our family. We Celebrate birthdays and other occassions but on a much smaller scale....however, when it comes to Christmas, we do it up BIG.

Here is a link that will explain why....the man in the story is my Grandfather....all of this was very much a part of us growing up.

Go to the site and click on "The Story of....." www.cabbagetownsanta.ca

Thanks, Carol