Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Lovers Thread

I Love Christmas too!!!!!

Count me in on the Christmas goals... I bet my older brothers that I would weigh less than them by Christmas (I think I weighed more than them from birth). Anyway.. they weigh around 225.. My goal is to weigh 220! I gotta come up with something really good for them to buy me when I WIN the bet!

Kim2bhealthy - C 271.5/ G 220

The Christmas season is also my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the lights, the festive mood, the religious meaning......all of it. So, how could I not join in!

Here are my stats: LindaV: J 269/C 269/G 220

If I can be at 220 by Christmas, I think I might be able to ski by the end of the season. Sitting in the lodge for the last two winters while my son hit the slopes is what started me thinking about WLS and eventually lead me to the Lap Band!

Oh Kim2behealthy, I see we have the same Christmas goal! This should be fun!

Alright people!! We have a good Wish List going!! This is exciting. I have been listening to christmas music all morning today, even did my mini workout to it. LOL Nothing like working out to boston pops christmas!

Christmas Vacation! Own the movie, have it memorized!!

"Da blessing.. da blessing!"

I took this pic of a car in front of us when we were in Asheville. Proof that Im a fanatic!

I love Love LOVE Christmas!

All time favorite Christmas songs

#1 Carol of the Bells, by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

#2 Mary Did You Know, by that one guy that did that one thing with that one chick when he shouldn't have. :eek:

Oh Santa, please bring me a scale that reads 170.

The one I have today reads 222.5 and I've been such a good girl. :think

post-205630-13813133744646_thumb.png

Terriho and pnut, on my way to add you both.

Pnut, one of our all time favorite movies. it is almost always running in the background cause the kids love it so much. that car pic is a hoot. LOL

Ya wanna hear powerful Christmas songs, listen to Ray Boltz.. OMG words that will melt your insides. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002C1N/qid=1153252996/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-8959962-9857600?n=5174]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002C1N/qid=1153252996/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-8959962-9857600?n=5174[/ame]

Still Her Little Child OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOSH !!!!

Mary Did You Know sung by Clay Aiken (on the View)

My fave version is by Michael English but I cant find a video of him. This is worth watching for some chills on your arms :eek:

Enjoy!

I am a lover of the oldies. Bing Crosby could serenade me any day. And something that always makes me think of my grandma is hearing the old willie nelson christmas hits. OMG his voice doing christmas songs just seems so right.

Hey.. I just thought of something. I had a Christmas album by Charlie Pride when I was a kid. The cover was a pic of him in a Santa hat. I adored that album and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Maybe one of you have heard of it and could help me get a copy? w00t!

Oh, and thanks a lot Sis. I've listened to Mary Did You Know about 10 times now and Dawg is going to throttle you for getting me in the Christmas spirit this early in the year! LOL

I don't know if any of you remember the national lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie, although any self respecting Christmas Fanatic knows this movie by heart. They have in that movie a really awesome Advent Calendar in the form a large house with many doors and windows. Rob and I have searched for this and found the makers.

http://www.theadventhouse.com/

They are sold out for this year, but we will be ordering for next year for sure!!

I am a Christmas fanatic as well and I LOVE that movie. It is a tradition that we watch it on Thanksgiving and a couple of other times before Christmas. Any idea how much the house costs?

My goal is to be to my half way point wich is 165 lbs. 41 lbs, if not more.

I love to decorate, inside and out. We have Christmas Eve at my Grandmother's and Christmas dinner here at my house. I have the biggest house out of all of my family members.

I don't have any cute stories except that on Christmas eve of 2000 I had 1 pull-up left for my daughter and told my hubby that we needed to get more and we never needed to buy any more. That was my daughter's gift to me that year. :biggrin1:

White Christmas (bing and fred) and It's a Wonderful Life, complete our must-see Christmas movie list each year. I would DIE to have that house in White Christmas - DIE!

Ohhh.. wanna have the Christmas spirit fill your home today? Put a small pan of Water with some Pickling Spices (found with the seasonings) in it on the stove on low heat all day. MmmmmMMMmm :eek:

That's it. Im hanging white lights on our new patio tonight. :rockon:

One more thing, then'll I'll stop monopolizing this thread. I was just thinking that we all have plenty of time to be prepared for the big dinners and temptations that await us over the holidays. Maybe we could share ideas for healthy dishes that could adequately replace the usual sugar and fat laden ones we eat? If we work this right, we could have all the meals and Snacks planned out ahead of time and not make it so hard for Santa to fulfill our Christmas wishes. hehe

Any idea how much the house costs?

"Our handmade Advent Houses are $449.00 plus $75.00 for shipping in the US and Canada. "

This is what I got from their site. It is a pretty penny, that is for sure, but we are going to do it. I have always been in love with that advent house and have always wanted something similar. Now that I have found the makers of THAT house...I am getting one.

Pnut, Rob brought all the christmas cd's in from the car so we could listen to them LOL

Our favorite christmas movie list is as follows:

White Christmas

The Grinch (old and new)

Christmas Vacation

The Santa Clause (first one only)

Jingle All The Way

Miracle on 34th Street (both of them)

Home Alone (first one only)

Trapped In Paradise

Wonderful Life

Santa Claus The Movie

Ernest Saves Christmas

Charlie Brown Christmas

Garfield's Christmas (my personal favorite)

Frosty the snowman (first one only)

Rudolf

As for meals...I'm screwed. LOL I really can't think of anything lowfat that we make around christmas. My sister in law brings a salad, but no one eats it. LOL I wouldn't mind trying some lower fat dishes, but honestly it is two days a year (thanksgiving and christmas) and we allow ourselves to enjoy it on those days. Then we are good the rest of the time around it. or at least try to. At least this time I will be banded and it will be easier to say no to that 3rd helping of spinach souffle and chestnut stuffing.

pumpkin pie filling made with the splenda/sugar mixture and no crust will definately be on my menue. It tastes as good as the original recipe! You can cook it up in several small custard dishes and they are ready to serve!