Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Lovers Thread

I too Love Christmas!, I would love to be in Onederland by Christmas, according to Funny's doctor, it is possible. But I'm going to set a more conservative goal of 35lbs lost by Christmas which would put me at 241. Anything more than that would be gravy.

Great thread, Funny!

I LOVE Christmas, but I'm not very good at preparing early. I do up a mean tree, though! We moved 3 years ago and we have a 2-story entryway so I purchased a 10-foot pre-lit tree - gorgeous and HUGE. I do it up in burgundies, deep reds, gold and lots of red drop crystals. I would really like to do a small tree in the kitchen with a fruit and utensil theme. Perhaps I can start the process this year.

We also collect Christmas CD's. We have just about everyone. I love finding odd ones to mix with our traditional and popular ones. Our all-time favorite is Amy Grant's "A Christmas Album". My favorite "odd" CD is The Crash Test Dummies "Jingle All the Way". It's a Canadian band whose lead singer has a haunting bass voice. Their minor key version of Jingle Bells is a scream. I have been a fan of them for years. I also love Jimmy Buffet's "Christmas Island". We have almost as many Christmas CD's as we have regular CD's. Several movies in our collection, too. Christmas Vacation and a Christmas Story are faves. The kids like The Grinch and Nightmare Before Christmas.

We like to dress up our dog, too. She has several Christmas outfits, but everyone's favorite is her elf hat w/elf ears. She only weighs 4 1/2 pounds, so she's really cute!

I have my final meeting with my surgeon tomorrow before insurance submittal. Wish me luck! I don't want to make any big goals until I get a surgety date, however, I'd like to be in "onederland" by Thanksgiving when we visit my husband's family. I won't tell them about the surgery. One sister-in-law is mentally fragile and has battled bulemia most of her life. The others are just pretty much ignorant about these things. My husband and his brother somehow made it out of the family intelligent and worldly, his parents and sisters, not so much. It'll be our little secret. I'm sure others can relate.

I'll officially join up on the challenge when I have more info. Luckily I have UHC and the drs. staff see a quick approval! I hope they're right!

Joyce, Collins Street Bakery in Corsicana, TX makes a tasty fruit cake, too. They're pretty famous, at least in Texas. I don't usually like fruit cake, but theirs is quite tasty.

hey guys. computer at homeis down. I am not going to stick around here cause it is a public place, and i want to keep this site for at home use only. plus the kids are running around. DH spilled a glass of Water all over my laptop. :confused: which sucks cause that means I am out of work till I get it fixed. I will be back soon!! Stay merry while i am gone!!!

Hey Amy,

Sorry to hear about your laptop. They put a whole new 18.1 in. lcd screen and lid thing on mine for 376.00 and that was including labor. I also went to sam's and bought one while they were fixing mine that has 80 gig and 16.0 screen and is as nice as my gateway for like 599.00. If yours is going to cost a lot it might be cheaper to get a new one. I know my sister inlaw ruined they'res with Water and had to ditch it.

Did you get your sauce yet. I mailed it about 5 or 6 days ago. You should have it by now. Let me know if you guys like it and when you get low on it I'll send you some more. I had to make 9 gallons last night and I have 120 bottles to fill tongiht. We have a huge catering job Saturday with close to 200 people, yuck. Oh well, Just wanted to see if you'd gotten yet and sorry to hear about your laptop.

I'm down just one pound this week. Thank the good Lord I'm scheduled for a fill Tuesday. It'll be my first and I'm more nervous for it, lots more than I was the surgery. Everyone pray for me, I'm a nervous wreck.

Sherri Jo

I am planing my "Stampin up" holiday card making party for Aug 26th!!!

I sent out emails and got respondents so I have gone ahead and planed it with my "stampin' up " lady :eek:

Also she will hold 3 classes where we make 4 cards each of 4 differ cards (16 cards) each class~ 3 classes (48 cards) and each class costs 12.00 but includes all the supplies and the recipes to each card you get to keep all your cards and such too. Plus she gives a 20% off to whatever you buy during a class so it's a great time to Christmas/ Yule shop for loved ones who stamp.

Okay so am I excited?

YES I AM!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nana~

Loggin in.....lost 2 this week I'm now at 227 and finally hit the -50 WOOT!

Also bought one gift for Christmas so I've started!

137 days till Christmas!!!

:huggie: :huggie: ;) ;) :( :( :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

just thought I would help Funny (because I love her attitude and sense of humor) while her pc is down.

I have lost and gained so I am down 1 whole pound from the start.....386/385/336.....I said 50 pounds huuuu that must have been some good stuff......I am going to have to stop inhaling those cleaning products......anybody want to clean my bathroom....

No change...I must have forgotten to check in last week. Doesn't surprise me, I had gained 2 pounds, but lost them again so, it's all current now! LOL

I made an executive decision...I'm not touching Christmas cards till I get the Box Tops cut and bagged in 50's for DD's school. I have had them all summer. School starts in a few weeks. Geez...it's these projects that get me every time! Why is it so overwhelming and easy to put off?! I need to set up the card table someplace and just plug away 15 min at a time. When I'm done with the box tops, I'll move on to addressing my cards...how do you folks do this?!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. Maybe I'll put in my Amy Grant Christmas CDs. That always does it for me in the area of getting the Christmas spirit, anyway.