Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 10th check in/weigh in

Good morning All Stars!

This morning I came in 180.4. Only shy of two pounds since the end of August. But that is okay. I have always been a slow loser and I figured even WLS would not change that and so far that has been true. I am starting to have less nausea thank goodness!;) And less trips to the bathroom. Been walking 3-5 times per week. Trying to get my strength back.It has taken longer than I expected.

It is very comforting to not have that "hungry feeling" all the time. I no longer feel the need to chew my arm off all the time!:P

Been doing a better job of tracking my food on myfitnesspal.com...same name if you want to friend me.

Look forward to hearing from everyone. Have a great weekend!

I've been looking forward to this thread all week!! Hi All-Stars!!

I am weighing in at 194.2 this am, I have pretty much hit my stall on Labor Day. I'm ok with it.

I've really been struggling with food and fluids but yesterday I managed to eat 3 times and I felt so accomplished! I even got every ounce of fluids in! I couldn't however stomach my last Calcium. I am headed this morning to get the yummy chews so I can get them in every day without feeling like I might hurl.

Have to get my 1 month blood work drawn too, not looking forward to how that will make me feel for the rest of the day!

I can;t tolerate the shakes so I have struggled with Protein from day one - found some bars that aren't bad. I have a friend sending me samples of hers today, looking forward to trying some different ones but not much hope for them :(

Hope everyone is settling in to a routine with everything! Can't wait to hear how everyone is!

Libbe,

Have you tried the Syntrax nectar samples yet? You can order what samples you want from BJ's Bariatric...so far the roadside lemonaide,lemon tea, kiwi are my favs. I can get them down better than the chocolate type of Protein drinnks.

Hi guys!!! I weighed in at 234.4! down 4 oz.'s! I'll take it! Yesterday I had a real struggle! I was at my friends house and they ordered pizza and salad and they both looked and smelled so good. I just drank Water while there. Before I went I ate, but, I guess it was head huger and the wish I could eat like I used to! I feel much better today! I survived! LOL! I have been using fitnesspal too and that rocks! It really helps me to see what I am eating and how many calories/carbs/protein I consume! I love the Calcium chews! They are the best part of my day! They are so yummy! The vanilla is like a dessert and the chocolate is like a tootsie roll! LOL! I started walking, then my big incision site pulled open a bit and had to have that re steri stripped. After that I was put in a situation at work where I had to lift somthing heavy. I have been more sore since. I know I shouldnt have, but, I had no choice. So I havent been walking since. I started work on wednesday and getting back into a routine is tough, especially getting up SO early! My stalls have been on and off. I wont lose for a week and then I lose 2 lbs. then I stall another week. but, its only been 3 weeks. Anyway, I look forward to reading everyones posts! Happy Saturday everyone!

I actually have the Twisted cherry and thought it would be ok then half way through it started making me sick too :(

I had to go on zofran for awhile...still taking it about every other day

Hello all, my surgery was August 29th and I weighed in at 196.2 (lost 45 before surgery). This morning I weighed in at 185.6!!!!! biggrin.gif

Feeling real good and healing well. I am struggling with Fluid intake but I guess that is normal, I just try to add a few more ounces each day. I hope all is well with everyone else!

Have a great day!

Shell

Holy cow Shell Bear! You have been LOSING weight! Woot! Woot!:D

Hi Everyone!

I was 233 at the time of my surgery and I am currently 215 for a loss post surgery of 18 lbs. I have not lost any weight since August 29 and it is so frustrating! I am tracking my intake at livestrong.com so I guess I am at the 3 week stall which is now on its second week...<_<

I am feeling pretty well and trying to walk as much as possible. I'll be glad to add in some weights/strength training when the time comes.

Have a great week everyone!

K

Hey there All-Stars!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

My highest weight was 266 at start of pre-op diet, and I weighed 258 on the morning of surgery (August 24). Today I weighed in at 242.3! That makes me down 23.7 lbs total, and 15.7 lbs since surgery date. I am feeling really well, no issues with eating or drinking; my only issue is I am still dealing with true physical hunger. I really hope it will start to go away once I am on solid foods!

Hey there All-Stars!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

My highest weight was 266 at start of pre-op diet, and I weighed 258 on the morning of surgery (August 24). Today I weighed in at 242.3! That makes me down 23.7 lbs total, and 15.7 lbs since surgery date. I am feeling really well, no issues with eating or drinking; my only issue is I am still dealing with true physical hunger. I really hope it will start to go away once I am on solid foods!

Hey KristinaRN, I am just like you! I have no problem eating or drinking, but, I do get hungry! I am looking forward to adding in meat. I think the Protein will really help keep us feeling full! I still have 2 weeks left of mushies! Good luck!

Holy cow Shell Bear! You have been LOSING weight! Woot! Woot!:D

Thanks, it still amazes me every day. I can't believe I have shin bones again..lol

Hi everyone! I lost a lot pre op, so my stats are skewed, but I've lost 4 pounds this past week - looks like the stall is finally over! Woot! I'm down 22 pounds since surgery and 75 over all.

Well, I've lost about 10 lbs post-op, and combined with the pre-op, I'm almost at 20 lbs gone. I wish it was more, but it will happen. I've been on mushies since Tuesday and its been so much better!

Taking pills is annoying, especially the Actigall which tastes like crap. I open up the capsule and dump it into a spoon of pudding, but it is still crappy.

Oh, and my liquid Vitamin decided 2 days ago to not agree with my sleeve, so I need to find a new multi. I asked my center's nurse if I should try it again to see if it was just a one-time thing and her response was "if you want to throw up again" so I guess that's that.

I still need to take my measurements but I've been lazy about it. I know I've lost some bulk because I can fit into a pair of shorts that I couldn't button a month ago.

Still having some head hunger, but it has gone WAY down since starting on mushies.

Right there with you Broadwaybaby. I think we have the same sleeve date.. and today is day 7 or 8 (i lost track) of my stall. So, again today I weighed in at 268 which is a 15# loss since surgery and 65#s all together. Docs on Wednesday and hopefully getting moved to mushies. It will be nice to get Some normal food in.