Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love Chipolte!

How come none of you guys eat rice? does it not go down well?

I have the rice (brown rice when they have it, of course!) in my Chipotle tacos - it completes the Protein in the Beans. I generally don't have it at home since it's not worth making the small amount that I can have, and it doesn't get along with my wife, so it's largely a wasted effort. But at a mexican restaurant, I will generally have it along with the Beans and the meat component of the meal. The rice and beans are not as high density a Protein as the meats, but I don't have a big problem getting in the protein, so I can work with other components of the diet and avoid some of the deficiency problems some have with too narrow of a diet.

I eat white rice a lot! Rice bowls are super easy to make with steak, chicken and veggies. I am not able to eat a whole lot of eat, but I do eat it as a side. For a while there I was eating it 3-4 times a week (first 9 months post op).

I love Chipolte (sorry for miss spelling it). In fact that's where I'm going after this today. Yayyyyyyyy! Banane55.gif

Word of warning, don't go overboard with the rice. It definitely expands and will hit you hard if you overeat it. *voice of experience* It was not pleasant at all for me, but rice isn't complete out. I enjoy a bite or two with my chinese food if we get it.

I don't like rice well enough to bother with it, so I haven't had it since surgery (other than the errant bite or two here or there when we've ordered Chinese or if it came on a meal I get at a Mex restaurant).

I love the Qdoba naked burritos, I get the kids' size portion and it's good Protein with low carbs. Sometimes if I splurge and get some queso or sour cream on it, the calories are a little higher than I woudl like but it's a nice treat at times. I usually can't even finish the kids' portion, though the adult portion will last me 2-3 meals.

I just tried qdoba the other day and got the kids naked burrito, no rice but loaded up with salsa and chicken. for a little over $3.00 I had two lunches out of it!! DELISH

Hubby and I eat Qdoba a lot. I finally convinced him about a year ago to get his burritos without rice (they put extra meat on them usually if you don't have rice) and that cuts a few hundred calories from the burrito in itself. Then you have to account for the extra meat but that's pure protein! Love love love their mild salsa too. Sooooo much yummy cilantro in it!

Hmm.. I used to eat Chipotle before the surgery.. My family loves it, but I have not been back becuase i always thought it was high in carbs and calories. I'll try to website and see how it works out. Maybe without the rice Chipotle can be back on the menu. Thanks gang!

I've never hear of or seen a Chipotle restaurant. BUT my husband went to Taco Bell for a bean burrito and I must say that it was awesome. It went down so well and was filling. I was only able to eat half, but that's all I needed. I had a little brown rice last night in a meatless chili a friend of mine made and didn't have any problems. Blessing2u--BJ