Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st trip to Costco ... what should i get?

The ONLY reason I went was for the Protein shakes ... of course the one in Vegas doesn't have it. :-(

Okay ... false alarm they found some!!!! Yippeeeee I'm looking forward to tasting it.

I also got Turkey sausage, Deli meat, Baby bel cheese (lite) & chicken Burgers YUMMMYYYYYY

Question .... can you freeze Baby Bel cheese? ?

I don't know about freezing Baby Bel cheese, but I freeze Parmesan all the time. The texture gets crumbly, but for sprinkling over stuff or making cheese crisps it works great and tastes the same.

I see everyone talking about cheese. My wife had been adding a little bit to Soup to add some Protein and mentioned it at our support meeting last week. The coordinator almost had a heart attack, NO CHEESE! Didn't seem how far out you were cheese was a mortal sin. What gives?

Not a clue. It's a staple for me... I have 5 different types of cheeses in my fridge. Mostly 2% or lower fat variety fine shreds.... But Laughing Cow Wedges and Baby Bel Lights; hope I never have to go without!

Maybe no cheese in the earliest stages? I would double check. I've had soft cheese since week 3 when I was melting mozarella on Ricotta Bakes.

I was allowed soft cheese from the day I got home from the hospital. I've been doing laughing cow, babybel, and even sliced cheddar/jack/etc. They want me to have the lowfat versions so that's what I have been buying. I wonder why that nutritionist is recommending against cheese? It's an awesome form of protein!

I love costco, I am looking forward to trying the chicken burger (my parents LOVE them). They have 28 babybel for $10 . . . it's like $4 or $5 for 8 at the grocery. I need to check out the deli meats and I'm thinking that their rotisserie chicken (skinned, of course) will be perfect for chicken salad.

Just had my 1st Protein Shake from costco. The initial first taste was okay. Unfortunately as I kept drinking it got more difficult to keep it down. I then turned my mindset to "this is your medicine you HAVE to drink it" in order to finish it. I then went to get a class of cold Water with lemon juice so I can alternate between sips. Needless to say it took a lot to get & keep it down. I literally had to take a break and do some deep breathing because I was really nauseous. WHHHYYY must it be so difficult to get Protein down??? :-( I pray that each time I drink it gets easier ...

Yeah, those costco shakes make me sick too. I hated them after surgery and could not drink them GAG GAG GAG!!!

As far as freezing the babybell cheese. You really do not need to do that. Cheese is good for long periods of time in the fridge and IS mold, so you don't need to freeze it. Besides, it is wrapped in wax and shouldn't get air exposure. They should stay good for months.

Kelly :)

thanks for this list! I was wondering what you guys buy at costco :)

I just bought a ready to drink shake from Target called Pure Protein in vanilla. The counts on it are pretty darn good, 23 grams of Protein vs. 30 of the Premier Protein from costco. Anyway, I bought the vanilla and use about a 1/4 c. in my mugs of coffee. It makes it taste like a french vanilla Creamer and I'm getting extra protein. It doesn't take long for those to add up. I would never suggest this be your ONLY way to have a Protein Drink but it will supplement your total intake. Good luck! :)

Just had my 1st Protein Shake from costco. The initial first taste was okay. Unfortunately as I kept drinking it got more difficult to keep it down. I then turned my mindset to "this is your medicine you HAVE to drink it" in order to finish it. I then went to get a class of cold Water with lemon juice so I can alternate between sips. Needless to say it took a lot to get & keep it down. I literally had to take a break and do some deep breathing because I was really nauseous. WHHHYYY must it be so difficult to get protein down??? :-( I pray that each time I drink it gets easier ...

good list. Am I imagining it or was there some kind of meatball that people get there, other than the basic Kirklands variety, that people really like?

They do have a chicken meatball in the refrigerated foods, not in the freezer.

I not sleeved yet but costco makes the best chicken salad I served it at parties it delicious think you can have this later on

I see everyone talking about cheese. My wife had been adding a little bit to Soup to add some Protein and mentioned it at our support meeting last week. The coordinator almost had a heart attack' date=' NO CHEESE! Didn't seem how far out you were cheese was a mortal sin. What gives?[/quote']

Cheese is on the list from my nutritionist once on soft foods, as long as it's low fat.

Today I went to costco. One of the "demo products" was a new Protein shake powder that was the best I have ever had so far, by far! I recommend it highly. I came right home and whipped up a delicious chocolate shake that far surpassed any others I have ever had. (And I have tried many.) Please try it if you have the desire and motivation. I would be interested to know what others think.

Here is the information from the costco website:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11758117&search=vitamin+shake+mix&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search〈=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=vitamin+shake+mix&Ntt=vitamin+shake+mix&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Nature's Bounty® Optimal Solutions® Complete Vitamin Shake Mix is a new and exciting way to get the nutrients you need. Each serving provides important Protein, Fiber, B Vitamins, antioxidants, electrolytes, prebiotics, Probiotics and more!

• Energy Metabolism† - Vitamin B1, B2, B6 and B12 along with Niacin and Folic Acid
  • Immune Health† - Vitamin C & D
  • Bone Health† - Calcium and Vitamin D
  • Digestive Health† - Probioguard™ proprietary probiotic blend & digestive enzyme blend
  • Cell Growth & Function† - Complete profile of Amino Acids
  • hair, Skin and Nail Health† - Biotin
  • Contains balanced electrolytes and Omega-3
  • Gluten Free
  • Excellent Source of Fiber - 5 grams per serving
  • Excellent Source of Protein - 15 grams per serving

Optimal Solutions® Shake is composed of a proprietary blend of protein. Each serving contains 15 grams or protein and provides 100% daily value of all B Vitamins along with prebiotics, Probiotics and enzymes, to support energy metabolism and digestive health.† The B Vitamin Biotin also supports the health of hair, skin and nails.† Optimal Solutions® Shake is an excellent source of fiber, at 5 grams per serving, and promotes intestinal and colon health.† One serving of Optimal Solutions® Shake also provides 800 IU of Vitamin D, twice the recommended daily value for Vitamin D, which supports immune and bone health.†

†This statement has not been evaluated by the food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Directions:

Mix two (2) scoops (33 grams) with 8 ounces of Water. To increase the protein content to more than 20 grams per serving and enjoy a creamy texture, mix with 8 ounces of skim milk. Shake can also be enjoyed by mixing with your favorite vegetarian milk alternative. Best served cold.

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (33 grams)

Servings Per Container: About 27

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*

Calories 120, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2 g - 3%, Cholesterol 10 mg - 4%, Total Carbohydrate 13 g - 10%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Sugars 5 g - **, Protein 15 g - 30%, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)60 mg - 100%, Vitamin D (as D2 Ergocalciferol) 800 IU - 200%, Thiamin (Vitamin B1)(as Thiamin Hydrochloride) 1.5 mg - 100%, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.7 mg - 100%, Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20 mg - 100%, Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 2 mg - 100%, Folic Acid 400 mcg - 100%, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 mcg - 100%, Biotin (as d-Biotin) 300 mcg - 100%, Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 10 mg - 100%, Calcium 193 mg - 19%, Iron 2 mg - 10% Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 38 mg - 10%, Sodium 140 mg - 6%, Potassium 250 mg - 7%, ProbioGuard™ Probiotic Blend (which contains 1 billion active Lactobacillus acidophilus, B bifidum, L. bulgaricus at time of manufacture) 850 mg - **, Digestive Enzyme Blend (Bromelain (from Pineapple), Papain (from Papaya fruit)) 200 mg - **, Flaxseed (which typically contains Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) 168 mg an Other Fatty Acids) 888 mg - **, Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana)(leaf) 114 mg - **.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

**Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients: chocolate Flavor

Proprietary Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, whey Protein Concentrate, Rice Protein Concentrate), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Fructose, Inulin, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin.

Other Ingredients: Vanilla Flavor

Proprietary Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, whey Protein Concentrate, Rice Protein Concentrate), Fructose, Inulin, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin.

Contains milk and soy ingredients.

No Artificial Color or Flavor, No Preservatives, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish.

Suitable for Vegetarians.

Typical Amino Acid Profile

(milligrams per 33 g serving***)

Essential Amino Acids

Histidine 329 mg, Isoleucine 671 mg, Leucine 1,264 mg, Lysine 1,031 mg, Methionine 209 mg, Phenylalanine 715 mg, Threonine 683 mg, Tryptophan**** 150 mg, Valine 757 mg.

Nonessential Amino Acids

Alanine 610 mg, Arginine 983 mg, Aspartic Acid 1,618 mg, Cysteine 188 mg, Glutamic Acid 2,450 mg, Glycine 5017 mg, Proline 953 mg, Serine 764 mg, Tyrosine 547 mg.

Today I went to costco. One of the "demo products" was a new Protein shake powder that was the best I have ever had so far' date=' by far! I recommend it highly. I came right home and whipped up a delicious chocolate shake that far surpassed any others I have ever had. (And I have tried many.) Please try it if you have the desire and motivation. I would be interested to know what others think.

Here is the information from the costco website:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11758117&search=vitamin+shake+mix&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search〈=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=vitamin+shake+mix&Ntt=vitamin+shake+mix&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Nature's Bounty® Optimal Solutions® Complete Vitamin Shake Mix is a new and exciting way to get the nutrients you need. Each serving provides important Protein, fiber, B Vitamins, antioxidants, electrolytes, prebiotics, probiotics and more!

[*]Energy Metabolism† - Vitamin B1, B2, B6 and B12 along with Niacin and Folic Acid

[*]Immune Health† - Vitamin C & D

[*]Bone Health† - Calcium and Vitamin D

[*]Digestive Health† - Probioguard™ proprietary probiotic blend & digestive enzyme blend

[*]Cell Growth & Function† - Complete profile of Amino Acids

[*]hair, Skin and Nail Health† - Biotin

[*]Contains balanced electrolytes and Omega-3

[*]Gluten Free

[*]Excellent Source of Fiber - 5 grams per serving

[*]Excellent Source of Protein - 15 grams per serving

Optimal Solutions® Shake is composed of a proprietary blend of protein. Each serving contains 15 grams or protein and provides 100% daily value of all B Vitamins along with prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes, to support energy metabolism and digestive health.† The B Vitamin Biotin also supports the health of hair, skin and nails.† Optimal Solutions® Shake is an excellent source of fiber, at 5 grams per serving, and promotes intestinal and colon health.† One serving of Optimal Solutions® Shake also provides 800 IU of Vitamin D, twice the recommended daily value for Vitamin D, which supports immune and bone health.†

†This statement has not been evaluated by the food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Directions:

Mix two (2) scoops (33 grams) with 8 ounces of Water. To increase the protein content to more than 20 grams per serving and enjoy a creamy texture, mix with 8 ounces of skim milk. Shake can also be enjoyed by mixing with your favorite vegetarian milk alternative. Best served cold.

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (33 grams)

Servings Per Container: About 27

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*

Calories 120, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2 g - 3%, Cholesterol 10 mg - 4%, Total Carbohydrate 13 g - 10%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Sugars 5 g - **, Protein 15 g - 30%, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)60 mg - 100%, Vitamin D (as D2 Ergocalciferol) 800 IU - 200%, Thiamin (Vitamin B1)(as Thiamin Hydrochloride) 1.5 mg - 100%, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.7 mg - 100%, Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20 mg - 100%, Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 2 mg - 100%, Folic Acid 400 mcg - 100%, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 mcg - 100%, Biotin (as d-Biotin) 300 mcg - 100%, Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 10 mg - 100%, Calcium 193 mg - 19%, Iron 2 mg - 10% Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 38 mg - 10%, Sodium 140 mg - 6%, Potassium 250 mg - 7%, ProbioGuard™ Probiotic Blend (which contains 1 billion active Lactobacillus acidophilus, B bifidum, L. bulgaricus at time of manufacture) 850 mg - **, Digestive Enzyme Blend (Bromelain (from Pineapple), Papain (from Papaya fruit)) 200 mg - **, Flaxseed (which typically contains Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) 168 mg an Other Fatty Acids) 888 mg - **, Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana)(leaf) 114 mg - **.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

**Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients: chocolate Flavor

Proprietary Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Rice Protein Concentrate), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Fructose, Inulin, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin.

Other Ingredients: Vanilla Flavor

Proprietary Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Rice Protein Concentrate), Fructose, Inulin, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin.

Contains milk and soy ingredients.

No Artificial Color or Flavor, No Preservatives, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish.

Suitable for Vegetarians.

Typical Amino Acid Profile

(milligrams per 33 g serving***)

Essential Amino Acids

Histidine 329 mg, Isoleucine 671 mg, Leucine 1,264 mg, Lysine 1,031 mg, Methionine 209 mg, Phenylalanine 715 mg, Threonine 683 mg, Tryptophan**** 150 mg, Valine 757 mg.

Nonessential Amino Acids

Alanine 610 mg, Arginine 983 mg, Aspartic Acid 1,618 mg, Cysteine 188 mg, Glutamic Acid 2,450 mg, Glycine 5017 mg, Proline 953 mg, Serine 764 mg, Tyrosine 547 mg.

I get the Premier shakes too. Naked nuggets are great. Love them.

I have learned not to buy a lot. Taste changes and you are unable to eat a lot, so I found I was wasting money I do keep a good supply of: Shrimp, tilapia fish, Protein shakes and Protein Bars, dannon light and fit yogurts, cheese sticks,cottage cheese and fruit cocktail light (no syrup) flavor packets for Water. I also stocked up canned Soup like progress heart healthy, of light Soups with 80-100 calorie per serving. Always remember to focus on the items that are the highest in protein.

I hope this helps. It was a big trial and error for me. I'm almost 3 months out. I didn't gain this weight overnight, ad will not lose overnight You will have some good weeks of weight loss, some bad weeks and some weeks with no loss. Just keep going.

I like that most costco foods we will consider are already entered into My Fitness Pal

In addition to those things listed:

• Rotisserie chicken and rotisserie chicken salad!
  • Kirkland's canned chicken
  • Single-portion guacamole (in fridge section nearest the cold storage area)
  • Wild Garden - All Natural Hummus Dip Single Serving Pack (Net Carb) (63 cals, 3g carbs, 6g protein)
  • Wholly Guacamole - Fiesta Style Guacamole (3 Pack single-serve) (50 cals, 2g carbs, 1g protein) -- I like a dollop of this on other things
  • Cabot's 50% reduced fat cheddar single slices
  • Horizon's single-portion, organic 1% chocolate milk (shelf stable, on drink aisle)
  • Cedar Lane - Beans, Rice and cheese Style Burrito - Low Fat (frozen)